• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

vareon

While I don't know if this is true or not, I think what Tabata did was one helluva job. Sure a lot more could be done but he did what he had to do to let the game come out.

*if* this is true, you can see how massive a Final Fantasy VII remake if it were not separated into episodes.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
Well then it is still a damn fine score considering the original FFXIV: ARR received 83 score and then Heavensward (3.0) received 86 score.

'generally positive' score applies to all <90 games while >90 games get 'Universal Critical Acclaim' on meta.
But it's an MMORPG. I mean when was the last time you have seen a ~90 MMORPG or expansion? Then look at how many "normal RPG" got such a high rating in that time frame.

It's simply a much harder genre to succeed right now since the expectations are so different for everybody and barly anyone knows what they actually want from an MMORPG.

HeelPower

*if* this is true, you can see how massive a Final Fantasy VII remake if it were not separated into episodes.

Yeah.

Now I believe them when they say FF7 Remake would be too massive for just one game nowadays.

The remake has a chance to be complete in the form of multiple games now.

Koozek

So this leak just gained legitimacy through yesterday's Facebook posts from Roberto Ferrari, FFXV's Co-Character Designer. Ferrari mentioned how Umbra was supposed to have a human form and join the party at some point. This is exactly what this leak said weeks ago! It's way too random to just have been guessed by someone, let's be real.

Here's the thread of it:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1327881

Then someone posted an image of a character on Ferrari's site and asked him if this was Umbra's human form to which Ferrari said "would like to know how did you get this art before answer". The post was deleted today. Basically confirms it's real. Wonder where that person has the image from.

Xx3Q4zG.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Pretty much yeah. Also this is hardly surprising when this dude got the game story all correct months before release.

I assumed those leaks and these recent ones were different, and perhaps posted by different people.

Roberto accidentally confirmed this recent batch of leaks?

Pretty much yeah. Also this is hardly surprising when this dude got the game story all correct months before release.
Sigh. Not the same guy. Story leak and this leak are from different posters and story one was indeed legit but was from a tester, not some higher up.

We have no idea about this one but I doubt he was in a position to know so much, which is why majority of this sounds made up.

Asd202

Sigh. Not the same guy. Story leak and this leak are from different posters and story one was indeed legit but was from a tester, not some higher up.

We have no idea about this one but I doubt he was in a position to know so much, which is why majority of this sounds made up.

Oh okay I thought it was the same guy.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So this leak just gained legitimacy through yesterday's Facebook posts from Roberto Ferrari, FFXV's Co-Character Designer. Ferrari mentioned how Umbra was supposed to have a human form and join the party at some point. This is exactly what this leak said weeks ago! It's way too random to just have been guessed by someone, let's be real.

Here's the thread of it:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1327881

Then someone posted an image of a character on Ferrari's site and asked him if this was Umbra's human form to which Ferrari said "would like to know how did you get this art before answer". The post was deleted today. Basically confirms it's real. Wonder where that person has the image from.

Xx3Q4zG.jpg
Obviously it's Tabata. &#1342;_&#1342;

I wonder what the game would have been like before it was sliced into smithereens.

Based on Tabata's games before, probably meh in certain areas.

Luna is still a problem. When everyone is bashing Cindy I was more annoyed that the main female character has her whole life intent on marrying Noctis... and that's about it really.

She's so good, wholesome, with nary a speck of imperfection.

While I don't know if this is true or not, I think what Tabata did was one helluva job. Sure a lot more could be done but he did what he had to do to let the game come out.

I don't think they're comparable though. With a remake, you at least have a foundation to build off of (even if you build it differently such as the gameplay change in FFVIIr) vs. a whole new game like FFXV which required more time developing and fine-tuning all aspects of the game such as the story, gameplay, etc.

It's a LOT better than nothing but okay.
It's a decent game, but disappointing when you consider past games in the series. However, I would say it's an improvement over the 13 trilogy, so expectations were fairly low amongst the general gaming populace I would guess. As it stands I'd say it's half a good game, half mediocre, with a very poorly told narrative. The open world segment is quite well done though, and I think they could build on that for the next entry.

It's a decent game, but disappointing when you consider past games in the series. However, I would say it's an improvement over the 13 trilogy, so expectations were fairly low amongst the general gaming populace I would guess. As it stands I'd say it's half a good game, half mediocre, with a very poorly told narrative. The open world segment is quite well done though, and I think they could build on that for the next entry.

Seriously, the only FFs I rate with a good story is 4, and 6.

XV is a mess but I am having so much fun with the combat that it's in my top 3 (6, 12, and 15)

Seriously, the only FFs I rate with a good story is 4, and 6.

XV is a mess but I am having so much fun with the combat that it's in my top 3 (6, 12, and 15)
Fair enough, not everyone would agree with that assessment, but even games like IX, X, XII or VII have narratives that are told in a much better way than the one in XV. The way I see it, XV's story is no better than the rest of the games in the series (probably better than XIII), yet it's presented worse than all of them. The game is a failure when it comes to story. Gameplay is good though, they did a good job transitioning to an Action RPG, Noctis is fun to play as. The party mechanics are not that great imo, but controlling and fighting as Noctis is well-done.

For now all I can say is that it's better than II so far. That's my opinion though.

IV is still the best though.

Fair enough, not everyone would agree with that assessment, but even games like IX, X, XII or VII have narratives that are told in a much better way than the one in XV. The way I see it, XV's story is no better than the rest of the games in the series (probably better than XIII), yet it's presented worse than all of them. The game is a failure when it comes to story. Gameplay is good though, they did a good job transitioning to an Action RPG, Noctis is fun to play as. The party mechanics are not that great imo, but controlling and fighting as Noctis is well-done.

Yeah I understand, I just dont like most of the narratives in modern FFs games in the first place.

Adored VII when I first played it, but got so annoyed by the story when I tried to replay it in my twenties. Same goes to VIII.

It's a faster story than what FF fans are used to but it's a damn good one with damn good gameplay with it!

It's a personal top 3 FF for me and I have been playing since V (minus online entries).

Jinroh

The problem I have with the story is that I constantly felt like some events were skipped. Like if they removed half the cut-scenes.

Things like who the hell is the first boss in the mech, there's not even a death scene. The assault on the military base felt incomplete with the commander who escapes, Hardin releasing the main cast after the titan fight is not shown, and the list goes on.

Usually FF games are very good when it comes to such things.

Top Bottom