• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some new game announcements for those who like jank

CitizenZ

Banned
Maybe its my STALKER roots but I have always had a fascination with Eastern Eurpoean devs and the worlds and atmosphere they create. I would speculate being of the generation who were born at or after Chernobyl seem to given them that edge, but here are some more that will probably be broken, unfinished, crazy, hacked and yet for some stupid reason it will be fun, for me.

Pioner is listed as a STALKER like MMORPG which I have played a dozens it seems over the years. Early access guaranteed, will it ever be finished, odds are not good, but hey that Sony dog game came out.

Lies of P this just looks fcking cool. BB has one of the best reveal trailers ever and this if it just showed some combat could have equaled my anticipation

Fobia - St Dinfa Hotel is the usual horror game. Im kind of blah on these att but looks good. A demo is up on Steam now to try.

CitizenZ

Banned
Agreed. can you elaborate?

Jank is just a softer term for broken. It mostly comes from performance, online issues(if included), enemy AI, combat and systems. Go play Survarium, Insomnia the Ark or recently I played Generation Zero(100+hrs), holy crap the systems and balance in that game are completely broken, but damn its fun.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Jank is just a softer term for broken. It mostly comes from performance, online issues(if included), enemy AI, combat and systems. Go play Survarium, Insomnia the Ark or recently I played Generation Zero(100+hrs), holy crap the systems and balance in that game are completely broken, but damn its fun.

I generally know what Jank is. Was more a question why you think the last 2 games will be janky. You explained a bit for the first game.

Maybe its my STALKER roots but I have always had a fascination with Eastern Eurpoean devs and the worlds and atmosphere they create. I would speculate being of the generation who were born at or after Chernobyl seem to given them that edge, but here are some more that will probably be broken, unfinished, crazy, hacked and yet for some stupid reason it will be fun, for me.

Pioner is listed as a STALKER like MMORPG which I have played a dozens it seems over the years. Early access guaranteed, will it ever be finished, odds are not good, but hey that Sony dog game came out.

Lies of P this just looks fcking cool. BB has one of the best reveal trailers ever and this if it just showed some combat could have equaled my anticipation

Fobia - St Dinfa Hotel is the usual horror game. Im kind of blah on these att but looks good. A demo is up on Steam now to try.

That's why Far Cry 2, Medal of Honor 2010 and Homefront 1 and 2 will always be some of the best games out there. They are full of jank and it just makes the game better.

Top Bottom