• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Drama Cringe Some people are insane: Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda

Hallmark movies, with their emphasis on returning home and the pleasures of the small, domestic life, also send a not-at-all subtle signal of disdain for cosmopolitanism and curiosity about the larger world, which is exactly the sort of attitude that helps breed the kind of defensive white nationalism that we see growing in strength in the Donald Trump era.
These people honestly have nothing better to do with their lives....now fucking Halmark Christmas movies are propaganda?

its literally like they have to infest everything with their negativity and nonsense. I will never side with the left ever they are fucking insane,

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
These kinds of articles would be funny if they weren't being taken seriously. All this garbage media shouldn't be allowed to exist in my opinion because it is just the drivel of mentally insane people. Salon, Vox, Vice, these guys are the real propaganda pushers in today's society; this "article" certainly is proof of that.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
One person writes a dumb article

The left: ...

Christopher Christopher : leftists are insane!

I guess one article that you don't agree with is enough to judge an entire political leaning.
Feel free to drop in and continue the discussion in this thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-do-you-think-was-the-most-pathetic-or-maddening-woke-outrage-story-of-2019.1517266/

Certainly you can add nuance as to how overwrought people are over inconsequential news stories this past year?

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Certainly you can add nuance as to how overwrought people are over inconsequential news stories this past year?
It's not even a news story, it's a stupid opinion piece. But if you want to talk about ridiculous screeching, I don't remember stories about liberals burning nikes.

Last edited:

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
I thought Hallmark were trying to push the gay agenda? Now they’re fascists? If we’re going to have a culture war can people at least just chose a side and stick to it? Damnit Hallmark, you don’t just get to play both sides.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
It's not even a news story, it's a stupid opinion piece. But if you want to talk about ridiculous screeching, I don't remember stories about liberals burning nikes.
Yes, we know that salon.com is essentially one giant opinion website. However, they too add to the noise that we are looking to nominate for the most embarrassing hot takes from media et. al.

CNN is not too far from Salon, they get put up as stalwarts of journalism, despite the majority of their stories being editorialized (even in real time while covering breaking news). So it fits.

The invitation stands; for you too Nobody_Important Nobody_Important .

Last edited:

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
CNN is not too far from Salon, they get put up as stalwarts of journalism, despite the majority of their stories being editorialized (even in real time while covering breaking news). So it fits.
Once again you are acting as the theres a blanket love for cnn amongst the left, which is not only provably false but also just idiotic.

There are NUMBEROUS examples of msm standing in extreme opposition to real leftists like Bernie Sanders and cheating in order to support center left candidates like Hillary. Yes, center left. She only even acts left wing when it's stupid social leftism that she doesnt have to ever act on. On the shit that matter she voted with the "right" wing constantly.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Once again you are acting as the theres a blanket love for cnn amongst the left, which is not only provably false but also just idiotic.

There are NUMBEROUS examples of msm standing in extreme opposition to real leftists like Bernie Sanders and cheating in order to support center left candidates like Hillary. Yes, center left. She only even acts left wing when it's stupid social leftism that she doesnt have to ever act on. On the shit that matter she voted with the "right" wing constantly.
Methinks thou doth protest, too much. Join in the fun in the other thread and you can dilute reality, even more.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
liberals bitch about everything it’s honestly fucking insane. I just personally had a enough about the left trying to literally tear down everything. Muh diversity.

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
liberals bitch about everything it’s honestly fucking insane. I just personally had a enough about the left trying to literally tear down everything. Muh diversity.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

I guess one article that you don't agree with is enough to judge an entire political leaning.
Is it hitting to close to home for you?

😂😂😂

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Being judged as a group for my individual opinions? Yeah, it's rather annoying to be constantly pigeonholed by morons and hypocrites.
And yet that is all leftists ever do to anyone who dares disagree. 😂 the hypocrisy is something else.

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
And yet that is all leftists ever do to anyone who dares disagree. 😂 the hypocrisy is something else.
It's not a left or a right exclusive problem, and I see the same damn shit on here from right and "center" posters constantly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It's not a left or a right exclusive problem, and I see the same damn shit on here from right and "center" posters constantly.
No shit, the thread has a hyperbole title. Much like 90% of the media.

You uncovered things no one was ever able to see until today, for that, I thank you.

Now what are your thoughts on the opinion of the article?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Literally my opinion was in my first post. Responding to idiocy just legitimizes it, so congrats. Instead of letting this moronic bullshit fade into nothingness OP attracted more clicks.
You know, instead of feeling offended and constantly thread wining over the sensational hyperbole like you seem to always do (for just one side mind you), you could have just reported the title and not breathed so much life into it, yourself.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Blurring the lines between news and opinion is how they operate. I see this excuse thrown out every time there’s a garbage agitprop article published by a major “news” organisation. How many “one off incidents” have to occur before you recognise a pattern?

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
You know, instead of feeling offended and constantly thread wining over the sensational hyperbole like you seem to always do (for just one side mind you), you could have just reported the title and not breathed so much life into it, yourself.
The majority of the insane hyperbolic threads are being made by one side because the majority of threads are being made by afro.

I only come here when I'm bored, and I'm not going to search just for equity, I'm going to respond to what's at the top of the page.

Blurring the lines between news and opinion is how they operate. I see this excuse thrown out every time there’s a garbage agitprop article published by a major “news” organisation. How many “one off incidents” have to occur before you recognise a pattern?
Salon is a major news organization? Who knew?

MSM is garbage, no shit sherlock. That's not just CNN or MSNBC, it's also FOX. A bunch of the "independent" stuff is just people shilling for the Koch brothers so they could collect more of that sweet fossil fuel money.

News and journalism is subjective and easily bought off. Call it out all you want, but dumbass shit about the hallmark channel's supposed fascist tendencies is just dumbass shit.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
The majority of the insane hyperbolic threads are being made by one side because the majority of threads are being made by afro.

I only come here when I'm bored, and I'm not going to search just for equity, I'm going to respond to what's at the top of the page.

Salon is a major news organization? Who knew?

MSM is garbage, no shit sherlock. That's not just CNN or MSNBC, it's also FOX. A bunch of the "independent" stuff is just people shilling for the Koch brothers so they could collect more of that sweet fossil fuel money.

News and journalism is subjective and easily bought off. Call it out all you want, but dumbass shit about the hallmark channel's supposed fascist tendencies is just dumbass shit.
It’s not just gossip rags like Salon doing it. I‘ve been watching the likes of the Guardian, Washington Post, NYT, etc. doing it for years. They’re the kind of pretentious, uppity “journalists are heroes” types who will sneer at the Daily Mail for its sensationalized headlines then turn around and post an article about toxic masculinity or manspreading. Then if anyone criticises it their response amounts to “it’s just an opinion bro”. Yeah, a shit, divisive opinion that you’re pushing under the guise of the credibility of journalism. It’s an abuse of power afforded to them by a trusting public.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

Hey now, this is not "some one off article" this is a well established pattern of behavior shown by every class within the democratic party.

Don't even try this; "It's only the fringe" bullshit. The entire party has become infected within strange behavior, anti-American sentiment, and disdain for your average American. This is absolutely not the party I was affiliated with almost my entire life.

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
They're bad or at least unimaginative movies and they do promote a very self-centered and narrow-minded worldview, but they're not fascist.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
I have no love for Leftists, but one insane article does not speak for the entire movement in a vacume. That being said, it does add color to the narrative that they will find any way they can to achieve their goals, including a knife in the back to former allies.

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I have no love for Leftists, but one insane article does not speak for the entire movement in a vacume. That being said, it does add color to the narrative that they will find any way they can to achieve their goals, including a knife in the back to former allies.
Even even you say something reasonable it comes with strings attached.

Reactions: Torrent of Pork

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Who is going to make a thread about how sniveling self hating leftists got Neogaf to change the title of a thread to match CAIR talking points about 9/11?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: desertdroog

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I'm curious how many right of center people are writing opinion pieces on Salon regarding Hallmark being Fascist for their holiday programming?

How many Salon writers are not leftists? The original title was accurate.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Hallmark movies are awful; my wife watches them and I just want to retch. Ignoring that and calling them fascist is just such a perfect example of the modern left ignoring reality and replacing it with an even more ludicrous fiction. It's like they're trying to one up each other to see who can be the biggest loon.

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Who is going to make a thread about how sniveling self hating leftists got Neogaf to change the title of a thread to match CAIR talking points about 9/11?
No, you're right, we should just treat all sociopolitical and religious groups as monoliths. Individuality? What's that?!