• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Drama Cringe Some people are insane: Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
No, you're right, we should just treat all sociopolitical and religious groups as monoliths. Individuality? What's that?!
The only person in this thread assuming monolithic thought is you. Screeching about how innocuous shit is fascist propaganda/promotes the patriarchy/is racist is clearly a left wing belief. Post examples of a right wing journalist espousing such beliefs. That doesn't mean that every left leaning person holds those beliefs. In the same way all right leaning people aren't horrible racists. If you expect every post to list all of the individuals rather than generalizations well good luck with that.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

clem84

Dec 11, 2011
The people expressing these far-left views lack the foresight to realize that this will eventually backfire on them. For the past 3-4 years I've seen a growing number of people who want nothing to do with these leftist ideologies. This isn't unheard of in history. Extremists often end up pushing centrists to the other side.

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Screeching about how innocuous shit is fascist propaganda/promotes the patriarchy/is racist is clearly a left wing belief.
No, it's not, just like seeing commies on every street corner isn't an inherently right wing belief.

Post examples of a right wing journalist espousing such beliefs.
Oh good lord are you really going to make me dig up shit about white replacement or some shit? Come on dude. Crazy and stupid is a human problem. It's not a problem exclusive to right or left wing ideologies.

That doesn't mean that every left leaning person holds those beliefs. In the same way all right leaning people aren't horrible racists.
At what point have I said anything like "all righting leaning people are horrible racists"??? If that's not your implication, then what relevance is it? And the way you structure this sentence, almost as though you are implying that MOST left leaning people hold these beliefs (I assure you 90% of left leaning people don't give a shit what hallmark channel is doing), and then directly comparing it to right wing racists doesn't speak to highly of your opinions on either group. Maybe craft your sentences a little more carefully.

The people expressing these far-left views lack the foresight to realize that this will eventually backfire on them. For the past 3-4 years I've seen a growing number of people who want nothing to do with these leftist ideologies. This isn't unheard of in history. Extremists often end up pushing centrists to the other side.
Nothing about this article is espousing "left-wing ideologies" and left wingers don't think Hallmark's writing staff are a bunch of secret fucking Nazis.

Last edited:

CeroFrio996

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Oh? Seeing fascism in a family oriented movie is a good start I'd say.
No, it's not, because seeing fascism in dumb places isn't an idea espoused by "leftism"

People who believe leftist ideas may also see fascism everywhere, just as people who believe in right wing ideas may also see communism everywhere. The two things aren't mutually exclusive though and don't actually relate to the core ideology whatsoever.

Not required to be a left-winger.
THAT WAS THE POINT.

And the opposite is also true!

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
No, it's not, just like seeing commies on every street corner isn't an inherently right wing belief.

Oh good lord are you really going to make me dig up shit about white replacement or some shit? Come on dude. Crazy and stupid is a human problem. It's not a problem exclusive to right or left wing ideologies.

At what point have I said anything like "all righting leaning people are horrible racists"??? If that's not your implication, then what relevance is it? And the way you structure this sentence, almost as though you are implying that MOST left leaning people hold these beliefs (I assure you 90% of left leaning people don't give a shit what hallmark channel is doing), and then directly comparing it to right wing racists doesn't speak to highly of your opinions on either group. Maybe craft your sentences a little more carefully.

Nothing about this article is espousing "left-wing ideologies" and left wingers don't think Hallmark's writing staff are a bunch of secret fucking Nazis.

How in the world do you threaten to dig up shit about white replacement (go ahead and link me MSM articles about this topic) and then cry about the implication that you admonish people for being racist. I never said you said anything like that previously but now you went and did it. Congrats. I asked for right wingers espousing anything similar to what this topic entails and you go and do the very thing you are crying about.

It's clear now that you were the one who whined about the title so congrats on setting the record straight. 90% of the media is pushing this kind of shit but who knows where it coming from, just out of the ether, no political affiliation, no ideology behind it at all. Just a bunch of concerned neutral individuals that divine the same talking points for the last 3 years thrust upon every conceivable thing you can imagine. Good thing these fresh out of college neutral truth tellers absorbed nothing political from their self identified marxist professors.

Also, fuck off about sentence structure. If you don't like my fast posts on my phone put me on ignore.

Reactions: matt404au

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland
100 percent agree with this.
I would have considered myself very left leaning only 5 years ago and I am as an Irishman but if I was American and in the UK these days I wouldn't be.

This shit talk puts people off.