• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Pics of the Nintendo Character Guide (1993) (Yoshi's real name REVEALED!)

Zee-Row

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Tampa , FL
Mario born in Brooklyn is canon? I thought that was just in the live action movie? I thought Miyamoto said that Mario was born in the Mushroom Kingdom?

Jun 3, 2012
My god. This is the worst thing ever.

WE ARE NEVER GOING TO KNOW WHAT THE T FUCKING STANDS FOR.

Tyrannosaurus?

MasterSheen

Feb 3, 2012
Mario has a personality?!

Also, he isn't human. That explains why he has all these superhuman abilities.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jun 7, 2004
Mario born in Brooklyn is canon? I thought that was just in the live action movie? I thought Miyamoto said that Mario was born in the Mushroom Kingdom?
As far as I know he's been an Italian New Yorker since the original Mario Bros. game (not the Super one).

EmCeeGramr

Jun 25, 2005
mario doesn't use his head to bash the blocks

damn, this whole thing is non-canon as fuck. the yoshi prime name debate is going to just rage on mario wiki for another 20 years at this rate.

Phediuk

Sep 10, 2013
When did they abandon the American Mario canon, anyway?

I think "Princess Toadstool" was the last vestige of that, and that was last seen in Mario RPG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-

Crayolan

Sep 30, 2013
So yoshi is a koopa, a dinosaur, AND a space dragon. Great.

So Mario is a Homo Nintendonus, a new branch of the Homo species.
The Homo Nintendonus, known to have a very wide range of varied height sizes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
Well, I'm changing my GAF-name.