• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PS Vita games up on US PSN, 10% discount confirmed

nhaydon

Banned
A small annoyance comes in the issue that the US Hot Shots Golf digital download swaps my O and X buttons. Hoping it's just this game that does this and it's not an issue with all my Vita games defaulting to the JP standard on menus and such.

Man I hope this is not the case for all games. I thought this was controlled by the game but maybe its an OS thing?

Kuran

Banned
Man I hope this is not the case for all games. I thought this was controlled by the game but maybe its an OS thing?

I'm pretty sure it has been a hardware/OS level thing since the PSP. I remember I had to use CFW to change my default setting. (Although I prefer the Japanese layout)

krae_man

I'm not (Ontario) as of yesterday - they haven't charged me tax on PSN since it went down a while back...

Which does make a 10% discount from MSRP more appealing... I never see games for less than MSRP day one around here (system launches or special events withstanding), so a $40 game that actually costs me $45.20 after tax in store looks pretty good at $36 DD...

Dude you should have got in on the Best Buy E3 presale. Vita and 3DS games for $26.

Oh and yeah the tax free sale SCEC has given us since the hack has been awesome.

Au{R}oN

Banned

it's a OS settings. And 99% of the games read that parameter from the OS.

I bought both PS3 and PSP from Japan, and both have X and O inverted on 99% of the games.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bend cries less

WJLpU.jpg

Midou

10% off is better than full priced, planned to get the 32 gb anyways, so I'll mostly go with digital games when I can.

Massa

The discount on Uncharted + HSG ($9) plus the change I have on my PSN account will be enough to get Super Stardust Delta.

I dont know where else to ask this, so my apologies in advance.

If I buy a PSN card in Canada and gift it to a friend in the US, will it work on US PSN store?

10%...

do you know how much sony saves on manufacturing, shipping, printing, recycling fees *alone* by selling digitally? not to mention cutting out the dumb-ass middleman??

it's more than 10% of the cost of those games...10% is probably what they could get away with before the brick and mortars started throwing hissy fits.

10%...

do you know how much sony saves on manufacturing, shipping, printing, recycling fees *alone* by selling digitally? not to mention cutting out the dumb-ass middleman??

it's more than 10% of the cost of those games...10% is probably what they could get away with before the brick and mortars started throwing hissy fits.

I'll say it again, you're going to get better deals at retail than through Sony. It's just the nature of the market now.

You go with DD for convenience and in case the next system will play them and doesn't accept the same cart format.

You go with retail if you want cheaper games, to sell back games, to trade or lend with people, and to ensure your games will always work in the future.

beast786

10%...

are you just making these numbers up or you have some links?

Deadstar

Anyone think the Vita would be more successful if Sony was more aggressive on pricing, at least on the PSN? It seems like Sony doesn't want money. Why should I buy direct from PSN when I can buy it off Amazon for cheap?

I think $30 maximum for a direct download is fair. I personally won't be paying more than $30 for any Vita game.

Massa

I dont know where else to ask this, so my apologies in advance.

If I buy a PSN card in Canada and gift it to a friend in the US, will it work on US PSN store?

No, you need to buy a US card.

I'll say it again, you're going to get better deals at retail than through Sony. It's just the nature of the market now.

You go with DD for convenience and in case the next system will play them and doesn't accept the same cart format.

You go with retail if you want cheaper games, to sell back games, to trade or lend with people, and to ensure your games will always work in the future.

Some PSN sales are better than what you get at retail. The RDR GOTY edition for example was 50% off shortly after release, they also had a bunch of deals on game bundles very recently.

Major retailers make more than 10% profit off a game. That's a fact.

When I worked at Best Buy many moons ago we got anywhere from $13 to $16 bucks off new games.

Some PSN sales are better than what you get at retail. The RDR GOTY edition for example was 50% off shortly after release, they also had a bunch of deals on game bundles very recently.

Yeah, they are definitely getting better at sales, still not optimal, but they have them constantly and some deals are actually good, especially for plus members.

There will always be exceptions, but in general that is the case. Plus I still bet you RDR GOTY edition ultimately will be cheaper at retail in the end and that's the main point.

lorddct

Where on the SNE or PSN network do you find these games? I've been looking but can't seem to find the PS Vita section.

Thanks

Joni

I have gotten my first Vita download code, but the handheld itself hasn't arrived yet, so couple of questions for JP Vita owners:
How do you transfer them between PS3 and Vita?
Do you recommend downloading on PS3 or Vita?

Top Bottom