• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PS3 games just appeared on the PS4 Store

Guymelef

PlayStation-3-games-1-640x360.jpg

GTA 5 for PS3.... so... no PS4 port? :(

The Last of Us...

From the recommendations for MX vs ATV alive there is
Midnight club Los Angeles
Urban trial freestyle
Red dead redemption
Mortal kombat
Gta4
La noire
Need for speed most wanted
Max Payne 3

StuBurns

Banned
As happy as it would make me, I can't seem them doing it as it would take away business from PS Now.
PS Now is intended primarily for systems technically incapable of providing reasonable amounts of local compute performance. It's just coming first to PS3/4 because they're very stable environments for an initial release and Sony controls them. The idea is every TV, every tablet, every cheap laptop, etc, will be PlayStations.

Anything Sony can do to increase how attractive the PS4 is, they will do.

Trouble

Banned
PS Now is intended primarily for systems technically incapable of providing reasonable amounts of local compute performance. It's just coming first to PS3/4 because they're very stable environments for an initial release and Sony controls them. The idea is every TV, every tablet, every cheap laptop, etc, will be PlayStations.

Anything Sony can do to increase how attractive the PS4 is, they will do.

I refuse to let you get my hopes up.

SnakeEyes

Banned
As happy as it would make me, I can't seem them doing it as it would take away business from PS Now.
Well, it depends - pay per individual game as we do now under the standard Digital Download model, or have the option of a monthly subscription. I think there could be room for both.

Tcbys

Banned
I wonder when they will roll out the PS Now Beta onto PS4. I really wanna see how well the streaming games works.

zeopower6

I would hope whatever you have received via PS+ on PS3 would work on PS4 via PSNOW...the rest would be either subscription based or one off payments per title.

I believe they mentioned in articles that they were going to do a subscription model in addition to a single game rental system.

Sony is also getting some really strong R&D and testing done for future streaming services.

Streaming is the future, not giant consoles in your living room. Vita / PS4 remote play and Playstation NOW will be valuable lessons for future iterations.

Sony is also getting some really strong R&D and testing done for future streaming services.

Streaming is the future, not giant consoles in your living room. Vita / PS4 remote play and Playstation NOW will be valuable lessons for future iterations.

As long as ISPs continue to fuck people over? Nope

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yet. Other regions will surely be getting the service next year. As a UK resident it's annoying we have to wait but PS Now still has me so pumped. It's probably the biggst thing I'm excited about for E3 this year.
Didn't Sony say something about there not being any plans for it outside of the States? Maybe they were just referring to the Beta. Either way, I can't get excited due to the ridiculous bandwidth caps here in Canada.

vypek

Didn't Sony say something about there not being any plans for it outside of the States? Maybe they were just referring to the Beta. Either way, I can't get excited due to the ridiculous bandwidth caps here in Canada.

I thought that was just the Beta. I thought plans were made for UK but the first testers would be the North America.

Sucks about the bandwidth cap :/

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I thought that was just the Beta. I thought plans were made for UK but the first testers would be the North America.

Sucks about the bandwidth cap :/
I was lucky enough to secure an unlimited data cap with Rogers, which is one of the major providers here, but I still see it being a major problem for most.

Top Bottom