• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

LTTP Some Quick Thoughts from an ex-Gamepass skeptic

TonyK

Aug 13, 2020
The one reason I can think of to not get Gamepass is if you're a very casual player who plays maybe 5-10 hours a week.
10 hours a week is A LOT for a hobby. I mean, I play more than that, but not much more in a regular working week. If somebody plays 10 hours a week is not a casual.

Reactions: Magnific0giganticus
May 28, 2013
10 hours a week is A LOT for a hobby. I mean, I play more than that, but not much more in a regular working week. If somebody plays 10 hours a week is not a casual.
On 10 hours a week I can finish all there's currently on GP that interests me in 2 months....then unsubscribe and done until there's another bunch of stuff that I'd play in a month.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Dec 28, 2016
Some Beach
So love having gamepass as I have found several games I really loved that I wouldn't have purchased for myself (Surviving Mars, 2 Point Hospital several more)

With some big ones coming Gamepass is about to get a whole lot better in Forza, Ages of Empires (PC), Halo (yeah I said Halo) Psy 2

Dont get me wrong I do love the great single player games from Sony as well but as amazing as those games are once I beat them I am done with them then I return to Gamepass and the Series X where I spend 90% of my time gaming.

For what its worth had a few people start asking me which new system I thought would be best about a year ago before this new gen launched and I have always been a Sony fan first but my answer was I felt Xbox was making a lot of the right moves and think we are seeing those finally.

Reactions: Jemm