Some Somali guy in Ilhan Omar's district did something

pramod

Oct 24, 2017

Abdisaid Mohammed is his real name and he is Muslim from Ilan Omar’s Somali district in Minneapolis.
Apparently he was looking for "someone to kill" after some women rejected his advances.

And if people feel I am "inciting violence" by posting this news, I apologize in advance.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

The media's spin on even the most straightforward stories is worrisome sometimes. NY Times copy/pasted that Reuters article, same headline and everything (Man Arrested After Boy Falls From Balcony at Minnesota's Mall of America). Like Washington Post and others reported in 2016, according to a study from computer scientists from Columbia University and the French National Institute, the majority of people, 59%, share articles without ever reading past the headline. The major media outlets all know this, so I'm often left wondering what their intentions are when the headline and the story don't quite align. In this case the timing could prove troublesome for Ilhan Omar and her district considering her recent remarks, it could incite... further discussion.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
A kid got injured. Maybe it isn't the time to get a jab in at an elected official?

The media's spin on even the most straightforward stories is worrisome sometimes. NY Times copy/pasted that Reuters article, same headline and everything (Man Arrested After Boy Falls From Balcony at Minnesota's Mall of America). Like Washington Post and others reported in 2016, according to a study from computer scientists from Columbia University and the French National Institute, the majority of people, 59%, share articles without ever reading past the headline. The major media outlets all know this, so I'm often left wondering what their intentions are when the headline and the story don't quite align. In this case the timing could prove troublesome for Ilhan Omar and her district considering her recent remarks, it could incite... further discussion.
That isn't a copy and paste, it's presenting as published by Reuters.

Also

NYT as well

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/04/12/us/ap-us-mall-of-america-child-hurt.html

Using associated press with headline

Child Attack Suspect Had Previous Mall of America Arrests
By The Associated Press

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Sep 28, 2018

Checked out Reuters political bias from mediabiasfact check... Yeah, these guys are straight shooters, right down the middle!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/#prettyPhoto

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
Must be this time of year ... I barely get sleep ... Even after taking melatonin.
I’m coming down with something. I’m actually too tired to sleep. It’s the weirdest thing. I’ve never been too hungry to eat or too horny to bone, but right now, the idea of sleep exhausts me. Like as a metaphorical construct.