• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Wal-Mart stores pulling WiiU Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-Lundz-x

So,

Got a message from a buddy of mine who works with (not for) Wal-Mart in some capacity. He noticed in the game department all WiiU consoles and games had been pulled. He was told from the department manager that he received a memo to pull all WiiU Stock.

Pic provided as proof.

9w6zWeW.jpg

What does this mean? Can anyone else verify?

Update:
He also told me they already have the sections laid out for PS4 and Xbox One in place with games. The WiiU section was just cleared out.

Reorganizing the games section? Yeah, my Wal-Mart did the same thing. Except it wasn't just Wii U or Wii games, but 360 and PS3. They even removed the whole Disney Infinity display for a few days while they retool the games section for PS4 and Xbone.

Making assumptions out of nothing. Mess.

Linkhero1

Interesting. I don't really know what to say about it. Maybe they're replacing stock with the bundles only for the Holidays? Walmarts pretty big during Black Friday so it would be a huge loss for Nintendo to not have any Wii U units in stock during that time.

The simple explanation is that they're just moving the location of the Wii U stock to provide a better location for PS4 and Xbone titles...

Einbroch

Banned
Reorganization for Black Friday or moving stock around because of PS4/One.

Hardly anything to get worked up over. We did it all the time when I worked retail.

The real question is what will the WiiU shelf space look like after the holidays? Will it just be a weird endcap facing the back of the store out of the way or will it be represented as much as PS4 and XBone

Rich!

ASDA (wal-mart in the UK) entirely withdrew Wii U from all of their stores earlier this year, if that's anything to go by.

x-Lundz-x

He didn't give me any more details other than the memo said to pull stock. So I can't comment on if it's for reorganization.

The real question is what will the WiiU shelf space look like after the holidays? Will it just be a weird endcap facing the back of the store out of the way or will it be represented as much as PS4 and XBone

Of course it won't be. Wii U doesn't even have the software number to do such a thing anyway and post holidays Wii U will basically be a Nintendo software coming out every 2 months.
Wait, PS4/Xbone software is selling awfully? They aren't even out yet. Source?

Wow that was worded badly. Wii U will take the hit for PS4/Xbone because of Wii U bad software sales is what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom