• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Wal-Mart stores pulling WiiU Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

Maybe it sold out?

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

They are probably just reorganizing for Black Friday, shelf space is limited and you need to squeeze things together to maximize profit

Wii, Wii U, and DS/3DS already share a single bin in my Walmart. And that includes systems, accessories, and games, with a few Wii and 3DS accessories on the other side of the aisle. While the PSP and PSV share a part of a bin with the PS3, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have a huge area dedicated to them (Accessories only on the other side of the aisle), with a single bin dedicated to game and console preorders and a small section on the side of the accessories dedicated to PC Games and money cards.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is only so much space to go around. PS3/360 already drastically outsell it, PS4/XB1 will do the same, theres the 3DS and even the original Wii moves more than the Wii U.

Probably relegating all of the stock into one, small section. They did the same thing with vita at my job a year ago.

I was in gamestop last week and they had full walls reserved for PS4 and Xbone, while the Wii u was in the back corner of the store

Kerub

Banned
They need to make room for PS4/Xbox One. Wii U stuff might be moved to a place in the shop that is less visited.

Netprints

That is not good at all, unless Wal-Marts are doing a new plan-o-gram and just shifting around their game cases to feature the ps4 and the x1 up front. Then it should be just fine.

AniHawk

Probably just reorganizing because of the XB1/PS4 launches, and they'll likely consolidate it with the Wii software.

Zing!

take a look at the picture. there's one row dedicated to wii u games, and it's already consolidated with the wii section.

Probably going to be a 30 page thread all for nothing.

For nothing? what!? It's very obvious from this isolated incident of reorganizing for Black Friday that Nintendo is finally finished. We must discuss this event and maybe make this thread one to remember this company. ... guys? gals?... What was YOUR favorite Nintendo game?

the wii u isn't shown in the wal-mart black friday ad.

I saw that. How do you even let this happen. You have a new console and you don't have a deal/mention at the biggest retailer on the biggest day of the year. Nintendo is sitting back and watching.

Levito

Banned
As someone that worked at a Wal-mart all throughout highschool, I can tell you they're probably just rearranging the display cases.

evil ways

And that's the only time the Wii U ever flew off the shelves.

Zing!!

Local Toys R Us trimmed and consolidated the Wii/Wii-U shelf from 8 feet to just 4. Probably to make space for PS4/Xboxone games.

Majority of that were $19.99 fluff games for Wii that were put on a Sale bin.

Uidiot

Neo Member
My nearest Wal-Mart just merged the 3DS/DS section with the Wii U section. Originally, the 3DS/DS covered 2 sections and the Wii U covered 1. Now, the 3DS/DS section covers 1.5 sections with the Wii U taking the other half. The section that opened up was given to the X1.

AniHawk

For nothing? what!? It's very obvious from this isolated incident of reorganizing for Black Friday that Nintendo is finally finished. We must discuss this event and maybe make this thread one to remember this company. ... guys? gals?... What was YOUR favorite Nintendo game?

super mario bros., because it was the last time they made anything good and not full of gimmicks.

Linkhero1

Unless they have a deal for the Wii U on Black Friday they're not pulling them to reorganize for Black Friday. They're probably converting the section for one of the new consoles and giving the Wii U smaller shelf spacing in a nearby area.

In retail there is something called a 'planogram' that tells corporate stores how to display their merchandise. In electronics/multimedia departments, the planogram has to be updated every time a new release comes out (Tuesdays for music/movies, sometimes Fridays for games). Every time a planogram changes, everything comes off the shelf. Especially in anticipation of two new consoles releasing. That empty shelf happens and shouldn't cause hysteria.

Meier

Regardless of whether this actually means anything of note, I got a kick out of the fact that a = some.

Bsigg12

Nintendo went from 4 cases to 3. Most stores should be done resetting mods but there's a chance they haven't completed it yet.

top shelf is labeled wii u. unless they spread out other titles below which is labelled wii.

i'm going to need pictures of the rest of the cabinets.

bjork

Schematic changes happen in waves, it might be time for the electronics to be reshuffled. Though, I'd think they would've done it a little further out from console launches.

My local WM still has a door with PS2 and DS games in their section, and haven't made space for PS4/XB1 yet. This is the same store that had a full-price copy of Madden 07 in their 360 section until about two months ago.

Isn't the PS4 out in North America tomorrow? It's a bit late to be reorganising shelf space this close to launch, isn't it?

However, if this is real and they're abandoning the Wii U then it's a really big deal for Nintendo. Wal-Mart is the biggest supermarket chain in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom