• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Wal-Mart stores pulling WiiU Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salex_

It has nothing to do with that. If I go in a Xbone and especially a PS4 thread with the same attitude I would get banned immediately. Wii U threads are for thrashing the Wii U.

It isn't you specifically but all Wii U threads. This would never fly on the other consoles threads. It is a horrible trend on Neogaf.

It's surprising that you say that because Xbox One fans are saying the same thing. But if you look at the last few PS4 console problems and Knack/Killzone review threads you see the same level of trolling.

Daknight

Weird, Walmart does have some Wii U titles in there black friday add not that many really: Lego Batman 2 Super Heros, Scribblenauts Unlimited 15 dollars each and Lego: Marvel, Scribblenauts Unmasked at 25.

I do believe Nintendo really needed a black friday deal on the Wii U. Is going to compete againts great bundle and discounted Xbox/PS3 AND the hype of Xbox One and PS4. They needed that great 'COME GET IT!' special. Bring back the 8 GB model with Nintendoland at 250 would had been perfect and family would jump. Keep the other models for 300 (Mario/Zelda/Normal Premium) but throw in a Wii control for 'family fun'!

Still doubt Walmart is pulling back on the Wii U, they did get the ONLY exclusive black friday special on the 2DS...and years before they did get the only exclusive Wii Blue version at $99. I am sure they still have a good communication channel with Nintendo...they just have to make room for the articles that WILL be in special on Black Friday. Is probably making more space for the discounted games during Black Friday.

Berordn

nin.jpg

You should see if you could pick it up in store off walmart.com. If it has been pulled it would be unavailable right?

All the ones near me are reported as out of stock with Site to Store as soon as the 21st. All the released games are still in stock, though.

Maybe they're pulling inventory to make the holiday bundle? Sure does seem fishy now.

It'd be interesting if Walmart chose now of all times to strong-arm Nintendo, right before the other consoles hit, right before their big "system seller" is set to hit...

Cbajd5

it's really strange because i just looked up the Wii-U deluxe sku in my area and it looks like all of the Wal-Mart stores have it marked at "Out of Stock" or "Limited Availability" within a 50 mile radius. weird.

My local store has the old Deluxe SKU (With Nintendoland) in stock, but not the two new SKUs, although other stores in the area have them in stock.

Games (Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3 at least) are in stock in every store that shows up though.

More likely than not it's reorganization to make room for more systems, that Skylanders Basic Bundle, and Wii Minis. (Skylanders bundle is released tomorrow, Wii Mini is released Sunday.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom