• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Wii Virtual Console Images I Snapped

Vark

Pardon the blurring but I was using my crappy tiny camera. It gives you a good idea of the quality however.

wiivc03.jpg

wiivc05.jpg

wiivc02.jpg

wiivc01.jpg

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
With the bump in resolution and improved framerates (if Sonic is any indication anyway), I can't wait for some of the N64 games. It's a shame so many of the titles I'd want to play with now smooth framerates are Rare games, JFG in particular.

Nick

The idea of downloading 64/SNES games is just too appealing. I am officially 100% sold on the Wii.

(I'm being serious. This ish is sweet.)

fugimax

I was blown away by the crispness of the titles. The video quality is just amazing. You've never played such a crisp SMB.

fugimax said:
I was blown away by the crispness of the titles. The video quality is just amazing. You've never played such a crisp SMB.

That's component out.

Love the component out.

Component out is your proverbial "daddy".

PS: All virtual console games are also 480p, including the 2D titles.

Oh yeah.

JPRaup

Banned
looks awesome

this feature alone sells me on Wii, I came into the gaming scene a bit late, never got to experience alot of classics, this will be great

Wii60 FTW!

CrunchyB

I don't suppose there's a way to "convert" my (hardware) games into Virtual Console games?

I'd love to get my NES/SNES/N64 catologue on a Wii, but I'm not buying all those games again, no even at discount rates. :|

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
koam said:
I'm confused.. why is the first reply before the first post?
i'm a very special person

Dragona Akehi said:
That's component out.

Love the component out.

Component out is your proverbial "daddy".

PS: All virtual console games are also 480p, including the 2D titles.

Oh yeah.

holy cow

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can anyone who was there relate what the frame rate in Super Mario 64 was like via the VC?

CrunchyB said:
I don't suppose there's a way to "convert" my (hardware) games into Virtual Console games?

I'd love to get my NES/SNES/N64 catologue on a Wii, but I'm not buying all those games again, no even at discount rates. :|

shigerumiyamoto-satoruiwata-01.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kaijima said:
Can anyone who was there relate what the frame rate in Super Mario 64 was like via the VC?

Silky Smooth, Except for one the Bootup Screen, when you tried to move and disfigure Mario it would slow right down to 10-15FPS.

But of course we the increased resolution the things that are just sprites like the balls, the king on the top of the montinain and the GUI look razor sharp.

Here Be Dragons

This is heaven. It's so hard to play my older consoles on my HD set. Now I don;t have to with my Nintendo titles.*

Hopefully the Sin & Punishment rumor is true. :D

*Those that I choose to rebuy.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
It's a shame Nintendo isn't setting up a system based online hub thingie, and sticking with the DS's game by game WFC thing. I might have hoped for playing VC games online. Though it would have been a small hope.

Mama Smurf said:
With the bump in resolution and improved framerates (if Sonic is any indication anyway), I can't wait for some of the N64 games. It's a shame so many of the titles I'd want to play with now smooth framerates are Rare games, JFG in particular.
In all honesty, the original Smash Brothers is one of my favorite games ever. I prefer it to the GC version, and this only sweetens the deal, heh.

'Course, I'll have to get my brother hyped up for a Wii, since I'm still dead set on the PS3, and that's quite a few Christmas/birthday gifts in and of itself...

Duderz

Banned
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon with sharper graphics and (maybe, but I doubt it) a smoother framerate = bliss.

balohna

How are they in the back yard without any stars? Was the demo just a completely open castle with every level available or something?

Nice to see they at least get a resolution boost. I think I remember a rumor that the games wouldn't get that, nor any high score boards or anything like that.

Duderz said:
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon with sharper graphics and (maybe, but I doubt it) a smoother framerate = bliss.
hopefully we'll get goemon 2,3 and 4 for the snes and goemon's great adventure with all the scenes that were removed in the US version

balohna said:
How are they in the back yard without any stars? Was the demo just a completely open castle with every level available or something?
TIME PARADOX

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
man, i can't wait to use Virtual Console. There are so many classic games from the SNES and N64 era I never played (not really interested in NES games), and that's not even mentioning all the classic games I will be able to play from non-Nintendo systems. so awesome.

Barnolde said:
N64 looks good, but the SNES could use Anisotropic filtering.
uhm...? Anisotropic filtering is a technique that relates to the rendering of textures in 3D computer graphics, not 2D. I don't understand how you think anisotropic filtering would enhance SNES graphics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_Filtering

ant1532

Banned
Duderz said:
I really hope its possible.(since it doesnt run smoothly on any emuator)

Hyllian

It seems to me just a ZOOMx2 applied to the original resolution. It's because I can see the pixels, like in any image zoomed 2x. Am I wrong?

Hyllian said:
It seems to me just a ZOOMx2 applied to the original resolution. It's because I can see the pixels, like in any image zoomed 2x. Am I wrong?
That's pretty much correct for the sprite-based games, but for 3D N64 games they're actually rendered at a higher resolution.

Hyllian

JoshuaJSlone said:
That's pretty much correct for the sprite-based games, but for 3D N64 games they're actually rendered at a higher resolution.
OMG! Someone send HQ2x filter to Nintendo. It would be amazing!

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Niiice.

But I'm wondering if all the VA games gonna have the same treatment as Mario64 for example.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
balohna said:
just like the first reply to this thread happened before it was posted

..pakbeka.. said:
TIME PARADOX
o_O

Tain

Of course, of course.

I just don't think it matches the vast majority of SNES games. Chunky pixels > drunk lines.

Top Bottom