• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someday a Minish Cap remake will bless this world and for that, I have something important to say.

Dampf

The soundtrack has to get the Links Awakening treatment.

MC has one of the best soundtracks in the series imo and it has a strong identitity as well. Just listen to these beauties:

And a lot, lot more!

If you give the tracks a good listen you will notice there is one instrument that is omnipresent in most of the game's tracks. The GBA's iconic mono saw bass. While the other instruments used in Minish Cap try to mimic orchestra instruments, the bassline is the direct opponent to that. And it's freakin amazing, needless to say that the bassline itself is extremly groovy as well!

So the bassline is huge part of the identity of Minish Cap's audio. My message to Nintendo: Please, treat it with the same respect like you did when remaking Links Awakening.

In Links Awakening, Nintendo did a phenomenal jobmaintaining the identitiy of the OST. They blended the nostalgic GB sounds perfectly with rich orchestral instruments.

Minish Cap deserves this too, the bass definately should stay electronic in the style of the GBA bass. If they would replace it with generic orchestral instruments, I'm positive most of the game's OST identity will be lost which would be a shame.

SinDelta

Minish Cap OST is one of the best in the series.

Boss and mini-boss themes are arguably the best boss and mini-boss themes in the entire series.

Does Nintendo own everything in Manish Cap or it like Mario RPG with SquareEnix where parts of the game are owned by Capcom?

Top Bottom