• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

Its because the damn story mode is built around auto aim. I hope Rockstar fine tunes their shooting and doesn't build around auto aim next time.
Actually I think the story (and the game in general, such as police chases and free roam) are so much better on free-aim. Not only free aim but default (non-DLC) guns also, too. So no rocket launchers, no grenade launchers, very limited grenade use, and no using the excessively powered DLC assault rifles from the start of the game.

I got my butt kicked a lot even on auto-aim the 1st time I played the game but after beating it a few times, I find the missions (and shootouts in general) so much more fun on manual aim and just using SMGs/basic assault rifles. Auto-aim or r/g launchers make it so easy once you get used to the controls. The biggest thing is just getting used to the movement/cover controls and learning to not run-and-gun (live and die by cover). When cops got shotguns or NOOSE got SMGs, you die so fast outside cover but if you place safe with cover, game is balanced well (and super fun) on manual aim with just rifles.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Hi guys,
I made a complete gif collection from some of my footage of the streams. Unfortunately, I cannot make a new thread so I'll have to post this here, unless a mod can assist.

Enjoy!

InferiorOddballDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

ImpeccableEllipticalFairybluebird.gif

GoodClearcutHylaeosaurus.gif

InbornAjarAmurstarfish.gif

ElaborateAncientFiddlercrab.gif

TediousVillainousCockroach.gif

Some clipping when entering car:
RealisticAcrobaticDromaeosaur.gif

Bonus: Don't use your phone and drive. (first person hand-to-hand combat sneak peek)
webm
or
gif (24mb)

UrbanRats

I would use free aim, if you didn't have the fragility of an ArmA soldier.
GTA ain't ArmA, i can't be dying in two shots, FFS.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Damnit I don't want to buy GTA V again.

Can anyone show high traffic density?

Gbraga

Blind fire is super useful in this game if you're playing with free aim. It's a lot more fun than with the lock on.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Dreamlock, how is the frame rate compared to last gen? Thanks for the gifs.

The first stream linked in the OP was of very poor quality. Based on the other one I saw it looked smooth as hell. Stable fps without noticeable drops despite blowing stuff up. Looks like they got the performance sorted out alright considering it could get very frustrating if you encounter framedrops while driving or shooting in first person.

Oh, and loading time has been reduced - it's a huge difference.

Never played GTAV, but doesn't it use some sort of lock-on system for aiming? Does that not work in FPS mode?

It's in for the first person viewpoint as well (or at least is able to be toggled), when the reticle is within a certain distance to the target it will snap and lock to the target. I noticed it during one of the streams.

GTA V was already considered an amazing game. Now with first person mode, this game sounds ridiculously good. May even top last of us for me. Hype really high right now.

AmyS

Sure not much traffic downtown LS...

that hospital is basically where one of the main freeways enter LS. on PS3 often you seem more cars than this stream showed, even. It was morning, too, about 8-9am and traffic is usually pretty busy around then.

I was expecting more traffic density.

Awww, man

Well, maybe we will see the kind of traffic density at night on the actual freeway at certain points like the E3 trailer. I hope. That was easily my favorite aspect of it.

elawxs.gif

gadbau.gif

GHG

Gold Member
Awww, man

Well, maybe we will see the kind of traffic density at night on the actual freeway at certain points like the E3 trailer. I hope. That was easily my favorite aspect of it.

elawxs.gif

gadbau.gif

Was this confirmed to be footage from the PS4 version or is it the PC version?

DogMeat77

I just can't decide if I want to pick this up on PS4 and/or the PC version which I would prefer. The first person footage looks so tempting to just pick it up.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Hi guys,
I made a complete gif collection from some of my footage of the streams. Unfortunately, I cannot make a new thread so I'll have to post this here, unless a mod can assist.

Enjoy!

InferiorOddballDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

I feel like this .gif would be enough to sway anyone not fully convinced by the beauty of first-person perspective.

leadbelly

Banned
Awww, man

elawxs.gif

gadbau.gif

I suspect that it only has high traffic density at certain periods of the day like Rush Hour.

AmyS

I suspect that it only has high traffic density at certain periods of the day like Rush Hour.

That's all that matters, and I think that's all anyone could ask for. That the PS4 version does actually show that much traffic at certain times (rush hour) in certain places.
And that nothing has actually been scaled back from the E3 trailer, assuming R* was telling the truth and not showing PC footage.

Latest soundtrack leaks courtesy of GTA Forums. Some may be repeats.
So far...

Radio Los Santos:
Chuck Inglish feat. Ab-Soul & Mac Miller - Came Thru/Easily (2013) (CONFIRMED)
Danny Brown & Action Bronson - Bad News (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Freddie Gibbs - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Gangrene - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Skeme - Millions (2013) (CONFIRMED)
Space 103.2:
Teena Marie - Lovergirl (1984) (CONFIRMED)
The Fatback Band - Gotta Get My Hands On Some (Money) (1980) (CONFIRMED)
West Coast Classics:
2Pac - So Many Tears (1995) (CONFIRMED)
South Central Cartel - Servin' 'Em Heat (1993) (CONFIRMED)
The Conscious Daughters - We Roll Deep (1993) (CONFIRMED)
Los Santos Rock Radio:
Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Genesis - Land of Confusion (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Golden Earring - Radar Love (1973) (CONFIRMED)*
Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Joan Armatrading - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Pat Benatar - Shadows of the Night (1982) (CONFIRMED)
The Lowdown 91.1:
Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Superman Lover (1976) (CONFIRMED)*
Smokey Robinson - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (1973) (CONFIRMED?)
Non-Stop-Pop FM:
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way (1999) (CONFIRMED)
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy (1984) (CONFIRMED)
Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Single Mix) (2010) (CONFIRMED)*
Sly Fox - Let's Go All the Way (1985) (CONFIRMED) *I think it's on this station*
WorldWide FM:
Smokey Robinson - Why You Wanna See My Bad Side? (1978) (CONFIRMED)
Channel X:
Alice In Chains - Social Parasite (1988) (CONFIRMED)
Radio Mirror Park:
Dom - Living In America (2010) (CONFIRMED)
Vinewood Boulevard Radio:
Nobunny - Gone For Good (2010) (CONFIRMED)
Soulwax FM:
Brain 21 - Something For Your Mind (1996) (CONFIRMED)
Zombie Nation - TBA (CONFIRMED)
FlyLo FM:
DOOM - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus feat. Krayzie Bone - Medication Medication (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus - TBA (CONFIRMED)

Latest soundtrack leaks courtesy of GTA Forums. Some may be repeats.
So far...

Radio Los Santos:
Chuck Inglish feat. Ab-Soul & Mac Miller - Came Thru/Easily (2013) (CONFIRMED)
Danny Brown & Action Bronson - Bad News (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Freddie Gibbs - TBA (CONFIRMED)

FlyLo FM:
DOOM - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus feat. Krayzie Bone - Medication Medication (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus - TBA (CONFIRMED)

Hell yes to all of this.

Especially Freddie Gibbs.

Top Bottom