• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone remade the Doom 2016 intro level in Doom 2 and it's amazing

I was trying to figure out what looked weird about this, then I realised they made the new gun sprite off-centre.

Especially strange-looking to me because I play DOOM '16 with the gun in the centre, as you god damn should.

I was trying to figure out what looked weird about this, then I realised they made the new gun sprite off-centre.

Especially strange-looking to me because I play DOOM '16 with the gun in the centre, as you god damn should.

Shit, You're totally right. I actually really like it. I'd love to play a full Doom game like this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Carmack is somewhere getting Doom running on a digital pregnancy test display

Oh shit, it's DAT DOOM. PLAY UP?

I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion but: This looks more than the game it's demaking. The tutorial area that they demo'd just was kinda boring and the gunplay was kinda boring in Doom 4. This demake throws a bunch of monsters at you in this opening/tutorial level and while it might be slightly hectic, it also makes it fun. I dunno, there's something lost in translation that Doom 3-4 lost that Doom 1-2 have in their "magic."

Oh shit, it's DAT DOOM. PLAY UP?

I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion but: This looks more than the game it's demaking. The tutorial area that they demo'd just was kinda boring and the gunplay was kinda boring in Doom 4. This demake throws a bunch of monsters at you in this opening/tutorial level and while it might be slightly hectic, it also makes it fun. I dunno, there's something lost in translation that Doom 3-4 lost that Doom 1-2 have in their "magic."

Personally I think the only real difference that I would have liked to see out of Doom2016 would be to have the difficulty levels stop increasing monster damage and just throw more monsters at you, but I recognize that console limitations mean that isn't all that realistic an expectation. I would've loved to have that opening arena have 1.5x-2x the imps running around at me rather than just having minor hits do major damage.

That's not Doom 2.

Edit: At a glance it looks like Doom64 EX, though I'm not really sure.

I'm pretty sure it's zDoom with the Doom 2 IWAD. You can definitely tell it's using that IWAD since it calls the level "Entryway" at the end.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, Doom modding looks weird when the camera isn't in its hilarious 2.5D mode where tilting up and down doesn't change the parallel lines of vertical planes.

this looks great

Top Bottom