• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something Going on With Playtonic? (Yooka Laylee)

Zukkoyaki

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/731192071973945344

I'm on my phone and can't embed the tweet but it reads:

"Forms fabricated, shareholders synergised, minions monetized… commence HOSTILE TAKEOVER!"

Their picture is also now a honeycomb and they changed their name to "Hivory Towers."

They're giving a bunch of seemingly random and strange replies to people who are commenting on the Tweet.

Could they be getting sold or bought out? Maybe Twitter account got compromised? Viral marketing?

What does GAF make of this?

That's the official twitter, it's probably a joke or they're changing the name of the company
Playtonic isn't too great, so maybe

Corpekata

Banned
Their twitter comment is "work harder not smarter"

So yeah it sounds like someone's got access to the twitter that's not supposed to, or is quitting in style.

Only positive thing I can think of is maybe it's a corporation in the game world? And it's having a joke takeover moment.

I think they said they will be showing the game again soon so this is probably leading to that.

I guess they will be at E3 somewhere

Platy

shdQzIJ.png

Considering nothing happened to their facebook, twitter description of a site and oficial site I will take it is something closer to when Cranky Kong took over Nintendo's twitter =P

_woLf

Guess ya'll are forgetting the honeycombs in banjo kazooie.

This is probably related to whatever is in place of those in Yooka Laylee. They said a couple weeks ago that something exciting was coming.

I highly doubt it was some kind of hack or compromised account.

Sounds more like viral marketing than anything. Profile picture of a honeycomb, "Hivory", etc. Calling it now, main antagonist of Yooka-Laylee is a corporation of bees.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone else think this means the villain of the game is a queen bee that runs a company? "Work harder, not smarter", the honeycomb, and hivory towers seem to point to that.

We know that you access the worlds through collecting pagies so maybe the hub world is set in a library hence the new background.

EDIT: Beat by Static Veins.

-MD-

They've been preparing some new reveals/info for awhile now.

Can't wait to see how the game is progressing.

daTRUballin

It's kind of weird how there's a honeycomb on the picture. Perhaps they're referencing Banjo in some way????

That Twitter post also reads as if they're being bought out or something......

*Gasp* Nintendo acquisition?!

G0523

A new Banjo-Kazooie game being developed by Playtonic? Or maybe Microsoft will actually unveil a new Banjo-Kazooie game at E3? Playtonic said that they're still close with Rare.

roytheone

It's kind of weird how there's a honeycomb on the picture. Perhaps they're referencing Banjo in some way????

That Twitter post also reads as if they're being bought out or something......

*Gasp* Nintendo acquisition?!

We would finally get a Nintendo game on pc! ;)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Seems kind of strange to change their icon and name and send out a bunch of cryptic tweets. I can think of a couple of better ways to get people hyped for announcements.

Making announcements about announcements is par for the course for this industry. No where to go but up from here.

G0523

Oh! I think I got it! Banjo and Kazooie will be unlockable playable characters in Yooka-Laylee! Now THAT would be awesome!

Top Bottom