• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something weird is happening to PSN

Dinda

Damn, yesterday it was my german account which wasn't a Problem, reset the password and everything works,
Now however it is my US account, and i don't know the date of birth i used, and since I also used random Name and adress data it looks like i can say good bye to my US account. And i own quite a lot of Games there....Kind of my own fault but damn....

The lack of Information regarding what's going on is also a nice welcome for all those that only got their psn account days ago with the PS4. Well played Sony.

Zee-Row

Banned
Same thing is happening to me.

I swear if i have to create a new psn account over this im done with sony.

Just fixed mine , I did a full shut off with my PS4 and turned it back on. When it started this time it told me to log into PSN , there it asked for my birthdate and then it sent my email to change the password.

StoopKid

Just fixed mine , I did a full shut off with my PS4 and turned it back on. When it started this time it told me to log into PSN , there it asked for my birthdate and then it sent my email to change the password.

still not working.

Im so pissed just bought a year of ps plus too..

Krafter

Had to reset my password on the PS3, and again on my Vita, but after that I have been fine for about half an hour. Glad I saw this thread, was driving me nuts.

ZeroCDR

I was terrified for a bit, said my password was incorrect tonight and it was working fine as of yesterday. I had to reset it and now I'm good to go. Glad I saw this topic.

When do we get more free games Sony?

Phenomic

Yeah I can't log in and my DOB isn't valid... I'm not the type of person to put a fake birthday on a service like this.

So unless I broke my own rule somethings not good.

boohowc

Banned
were you guys all underage and purposefully selected a fake dob when you created these accounts or something? or is SEN actually changing your DOBs?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I managed to change my password through their website, but I don't even remember giving Sony my DOB. It came up wrong, so I'm guessing I screwed up on the region stuff and put the numbers in the wrong order.

Rojo

were you guys all underage and purposefully selected a fake dob when you created these accounts or something? or is SEN actually changing your DOBs?

I know i was and i made myself older so i wouldnt be locked out of content. I remembered the date though and got it done easily.

Have plus until February
bought lots of games on this account
don't have DOB
I'm not from the US

Can't access or reset password. What a shitty move. No warning email, no way to change pass AFTER logging in, just a fucking disaster,

Now I am on Skype and trying to contact Support.

If someone defends this fucking tactic... but this would not be new.

15 minutes on hold

Damn, yesterday it was my german account which wasn't a Problem, reset the password and everything works,
Now however it is my US account, and i don't know the date of birth i used, and since I also used random Name and adress data it looks like i can say good bye to my US account. And i own quite a lot of Games there....Kind of my own fault but damn....

The lack of Information regarding what's going on is also a nice welcome for all those that only got their psn account days ago with the PS4. Well played Sony.

not your fault. What's up with Stockolm Syndrome?

Chris_C

I tried to login on my PS4 and was prompted to change my password. Checked the link in my email and got my account working again within minutes.

Wonder why Sony is doing these password checks so frequently?

The same happened to me, except my console was locked in a white pulsing light state when I woke up, had to unplug the ac cord. It prompted me to change my password on PC, which I did... but then I didn't have to enter my new password on ps4 to log in, it just logged me into PSN automatically.

They really should have sent emails out explaining the issue.

hamchan

If there is another security breach and they still haven't sent out emails to everyone then people won't be very happy with them.

I just turned on my PS4 and it prompted me to change my password as it had expired. Tried to do so but I got a message that PSN was undergoing maintenance.

Changed it online, just in case.

Neo Member
Got the password invalid message as well. Hmmmm. Anyway, took me several times to guess my DoB, went to PC to check the confirmation email and changed my password. The weird thing is, when I came back to my PS4, it directly logged into PSN without asking me the new password.

Kade

Can't even log in to change my apparently no longer valid password. The PS4 tells me that my information is invalid and then changes its message to say that SEN is undergoing maintenance; can't even log into the website because it tells me my information is incorrect and I get the same issue on my Vita.

The hell is going on?'

EDIT: Looks like I can sign into the Android app perfectly fine but you can't manage or view your account information in it at all.

Derrick01

Banned
So what are we guessing here? Another hack? I haven't gotten a message yet and I'm not locked out of PSN yet but I was thinking of changing my password just in case, but I don't want to get locked out of my account because of some DOB bug and have to go through all that bullshit of sending them ID.

I had to reset my password when I logged into my PS4 tonight, too. I'm shocked that there's nothing on the PS.Blog about the reason for this.

Got the password invalid message as well. Hmmmm. Anyway, took me several times to guess my DoB, went to PC to check the confirmation email and changed my password. The weird thing is, when I came back to my PS4, it directly logged into PSN without asking me the new password.

Same thing here, Changed it on SEN website and PS4 automatically logged me in as well.

In any case removed CC info as a precaution and added a PIN.

trying to get on ps4....change password...enter dob and email...the information you entered is not valid...try to sign in online, cant login...am I just screwed? I did not use a fake dob and i checked multiple times that my email is spelled correctly.

trying to get on ps4....change password...enter dob and email...the information you entered is not valid...try to sign in online, cant login...am I just screwed? I did not use a fake dob and i checked multiple times that my email is spelled correctly.

I couldn't reset it on my PS4. I also could not log in online.

I used the following link to reset:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/reg/account/forgot-password!input.action

I also never received any e-mail from Sony up to that point.

I just called in after finding out that my account was logged out online as well. Seems to be working fine now, you just have to call in and wait on hold for 10 minutes. Other than that it was a quick and painless process.

So what are we guessing here? Another hack? I haven't gotten a message yet and I'm not locked out of PSN yet but I was thinking of changing my password just in case, but I don't want to get locked out of my account because of some DOB bug and have to go through all that bullshit of sending them ID.

I think someone would've already bragged about it if it were a hack, and after last time there's no way that Sony would hold off on saying that there was a hack. I believe they even hired someone from the FBI to run their security for PSN.

I had no problem resetting my German main account but I can't reset my US account I used to buy PS1/PS2 games because I don't remember my DOB.

That's just great.

says its unable to validate my email address or date of birth...i know i did not use a fake one
Same situation here. Was actually on my PS3 earlier and got signed out, went to sign back in and was told password was invalid. Can't change it through the system or online.

UNCMark

Banned
It's not asking too much for Sony to explain to us why they're doing this. Especially given their history of ineptitude when it comes to security. I can still access my account info on the website, but nowhere in my user info is a DOB.

Had this issue today on PS4. Reset my password via PC and then attempted logging in again but I never put in my changed password on the ps4 yet it logged me in. Found it to be kind of odd.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah my PS4 automatically signed in magically after changing my password on PC as well...

That...should not be happening, should it?

Derrick01

Banned
I think someone would've already bragged about it if it were a hack, and after last time there's no way that Sony would hold off on saying that there was a hack. I believe they even hired someone from the FBI to run their security for PSN.

Maybe, I hope you're right obviously but this just seems really weird for Sony to be doing this for no reason. It doesn't make sense that they're not telling anyone either.

Had this issue today on PS4. Reset my password via PC and then attempted logging in again but I never put in my changed password on the ps4 yet it logged me in. Found it to be kind of odd.

I had a similar problem with SoE's account once. That seems like a pretty serious security flaw that needs to be fixed asap.

Top Bottom