• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something weird is happening to PSN

Grinchy

Banned
Try logging out manually and then logging back in. Probably wont work with old pw.

I didn't know how to do that so I turned it all the way off and turned it back on. Still signed in. My brother also tells me he can't even change his PW from the SEN site. We were gonna play killzone :(

antonz

Sony Japan confirms there was unauthorized access issues with PSN so they reset passwords.

Be nice if all branches of Sony would be so upfront and not just oh we did it randomly for no reason in particular

boohowc

Banned
Google Translation of blog post from SCEJ:

To everyone you are using a "PSN" / Sony Entertainment Network
The Company has carried out monitoring of suspicious access to the "PSN" / Sony Entertainment Network from day-to-day, if such access is confirmed, possible that are affected as a prophylactic measure to protect your account information I perform a password reset of Sony Entertainment Network account that has sex , but it has taken similar measures through the morning from 11/22 (Friday) before dawn today. I perform guidance to ask for password changes and the fact that I am allowed to perform the password reset via E-mail separately to customers with appropriate account. We apologize for the trouble very much For Customers should implement the appropriate, but, on the set, so that it is available, I ask again a password that is different from the conventional. (. Please perform a password reset from the button of "I forgot my password" if you try to sign in with your old password in the appropriate account, The display will indicate "password or sign-in ID is different") and Note, Our Information Center window we become hard to lead to temporary now but, with regard to how to change the password, so we guide you in the following pages of the support Web site, please refer all means. https://support.jp.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11808 do apologize for the worry and inconvenience and thank you kindly.

lol

Cheska

I've been at work and just had the same issue. So relieved to see I'm not the only one who had this happen though, phew!

sflufan

Banned
if such access is confirmed, possible that are affected as a prophylactic measure to protect your account information I perform a password reset of Sony Entertainment Network account that has sex

Now that's what I call on-line protection!

ZServ

Been on hold for 50 minutes. With the customer support section closing in 10 minutes, should I worry about being disconnected in 10 minutes? I'd really rather not be locked out from online stuff until tomorrow.

Derrick01

Banned
I just read the kotaku article, what I want to know is why they're only doing this for some people if there really was suspicious activity.

boohowc

Banned
methinks they were hoping this would go under the radar and wouldn't have to say anything until after all the EUs got their PS4. seemed kind of weird/fishy that it was affecting people in bunches. :\

Kade

I just checked my account creation confirmation e-mail to see if there was anything that could help me and pretty much everything I entered is false/made up information and it's extremely likely I just put in a fake birthday which is why I'm locked out of accessing my account on everything but the Android app. Will call support tomorrow.

Zoe

I just got hit with this on my US account within the past couple of hours. JP account is unaffected.

No issues with DOB. I never lie on that stuff.

Cudder

I just got hit with this as well. My DOB didn't work either, so I entered an earlier year and it worked. I changed my password to what I had it set to previously, though. Hope it's fine.

I just got hit with this on my US account within the past couple of hours. JP account is unaffected.

No issues with DOB. I never lie on that stuff.

thing is, I've had this account since '06 and yeah, I never lie about my DOB either :/

Persona7

Banned
This is weird. I reset my password a few days ago and it had problems accepting my birthday even though it was correct. I waited a few minutes and entered my birthday again and it suddenly worked and I was able to change my password.

Now it is doing the same thing, it says my birthday is invalid when I know it is correct.

was able to get through with live chat instead. here is the link to live chat support. keep refreshing until you are able to fill out form; should be good to go after that

Angelcurio

Just got the prompt to change my password on the PS4. I changed it using the SEN store page, but the PS4 logged me in automatically.

Rootbeer

Banned
alright, i changed my password the day the ps4 came out and now when I went to store.playstation.com it told me the pass was wrong. so I did a reset and changed it. working fine now, but sony needs to be more transparent about this kind of bullshit. wtf is going on? I was not sent any e-mail about my pass being changed or disabled. I had to try logging in to find out I had to change it.

i swear if they fuck up and leak out a bunch of user data again, people aren't going to be as understanding this time.

USA SEN here.

Hag

after mashing refresh like crazy the live chat worked and got my e-mail to change the password. It's working fine so far

Dragoshi1

My brother is having an issue; Sony sent him a reset email, but when he clicks the link and pastes it into the browser, it doesn't seem to work. it comes back saying "There is a problem resetting your password. Please click the link again or copy and paste the link into an Internet browser."

Cronen

So I have just bought a PS4 and I seem to be having this issue again? Telling me my password is incorrect. I again can't reset my password as it's telling me my DOB is incorrect. I've tried accessing my account details on my Vita and on the web, and again it's saying the same thing.

Anyone else? Help!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So I have just bought a PS4 and I seem to be having this issue again? Telling me my password is incorrect. I again can't reset my password as it's telling me my DOB is incorrect. I've tried accessing my account details on my Vita and on the web, and again it's saying the same thing.

Anyone else? Help!

Holy BUMP Batman.

Ask here, not a year old thread:

PSN/PS+ server issues |OT|

odzaUO6.gif

Magnus

I always wonder what people have against bumps. If it's relevant to the thread topic, why not?

In this case though, yeah, I'd post PSN issues in the new PSN issue thread.

Cronen

Sorry guys. Remember reading about about this and a quick search got me here. Didn't even think to check the date. I'll post in the OT.

Top Bottom