• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Son Goku modded into Smash for Wii U

http://nintendoeverything.com/goku-modded-into-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/

goku-smash-wii-u-656x369.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVyFKICwAuI

To say I'm impressed would be a boldface understatement. Wow. Amazing job. I had no idea Wii U modding was this far along. Even the sound file replacements are great (save for keeping Ryu's noise for the focus attack... What?)

The win screen isn't nearly as kind to this, though...

Still a feat.

Lock if old

Sephzilla

I was impressed, but then I realized it was a Ryu reskin and I was a little less impressed.

Would've been perfect, but they used his English voice actor!

Outside of that it's very cool though.

Hearing Goku's Japan VA screaming for literally every move would be the fucking worst. Goku's Japan VA makes the original dub pretty much unwatchable for me.

The real best answer is TFS Goku.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why do modders always pick the worst characters? Should use a decent shounen character like Mitsuba.

HonMirin

Hearing Goku's Japan VA screaming for literally every move would be the fucking worst. Goku's Japan VA makes the original dub pretty much unwatchable for me

... This is sacrilegious! SACRILEGIOUS I TELL YOU! A POX ON THEE AND THINE KIN!

... Anyways, this is pretty impressive! Looking forward to further character edits!

OmegaFax

I'll never understand why so many people want Goku in Smash.

Fans will be fans and there's passionate ones that will learn the ins and outs of a game just to see their favorite character represented in it.

It was never really proven true or otherwise but Goku might have been up there with Bayonetfa in the Smash Ballot.

NoKisum

I might as well ask now:

What is the appeal of wanting Goku on Smash Bros. so bad? I've been an anime fan for years and grew up on DBZ, but I never felt the need to beg for a prominent anime character to have a spot on the roster of notable video game characters.

And if the answer is just "Because he's a popular character", then why aren't we campaigning for other popular anime characters for a spot? Where are the petitions and demand for other hugely popular characters like Naruto Uzumaki and Edward Elric and Monkey D. Luffy?

Does every DB-related thread have to turn into dub vs sub shitfests?

That said, it's a little clunky but it's still a decent job. Budokai music was a nice touch.

DrArchon

Man, I was big into Brawl modding, so this really takes me back a few years. That looks like vertex editing, but I don't know if they've got model importing working for Smash Wii U or not (that took a while to get going for Brawl I remember).

Still, cool to see the scene moved on to the new game.

ChrisD

It was a joke that went too far and became unironic.

My brother-in-law (who doesn't put any time into game boards) talked about wanting to play as Goku when Brawl released and he played Snake. He grew up on DBZ and MGS, so it makes sense.

Some people want him in without even knowing the joke. :p

For those who want Goku in Smash...

...how about the next best thing!:

latest

don-25.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I like this game a lot but it has the worst unlock system I've ever seen. It's slot-based and that's only the start of the problem.

I'll never understand why so many people want Goku in Smash.
At this point it's more or less a lot of people saying it ironically (I hope).

For what it's worth, this is probably the first model swap I've seen for Sm4sh that seems to work without breaking too hard. Interesting to see things cracked open this soon.

Zebei

The Budokai music only makes this better.

Now that we have the meme character nearly done, it's time for all kinds of fancy clones and alt costumes.

Arkeband

Banned
Adult Goku shouldn't sound like he's 12

It makes sense because his first appearance was literally being dropped on his head as a baby and he's basically a child in an adult's body.

That being said, Schemmel's take is cool too.

I'd find it funny if Naruto and Goku ended up in Smash.

Top Bottom