• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom Fire & Ice Announced, 3DS, Sanzaru, Winter 2015, TV show successful

Kilvas

2.gif

The reactions to this tweet are hilarious.

BPT ‏@BlazePokeTendo 2m2 minutes ago
@NintendoUK oh god....

Matt | Ambler ‏@Ambler3 2m2 minutes ago
@NintendoUK Please god no.

meme dealer matthew ‏@matthewisascrub 2m2 minutes ago
@NintendoUK OHHHH NO

Crablethal Combatine ‏@CrabCombat 1m1 minute ago
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS @NintendoUK

To echo everyone on Twitter I think "Why God why" is the appropriate response here.

Ridley327

Boy, the Wii U game must've been that bad if people think that the 3DS one was just as derided.

Is this the last game on the Nintendo contract ?

The contract was just for Wii U games, which would have been completed with Rise of Lyric. The 3DS was excluded from that, since the handheld Sonic games do well for Sega.

Drago

Kinda shocked they're making another Boom game.. Hopefully it turns out better than the last 3DS one, it was a solid foundation but there's lots of room for improvement.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The TV series is apparently successful with kids, so this does not surprise me.

This is being done by a completely different company than the WiiU Sonic Boom, so whatever.

People are going to joke and/or believe this will be like the WiiU game, though, despite the 3DS version of Sonic Boom being okay.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
People need to remember that Sonic Boom is a TV series on Cartoon Network, not a game franchise primarily. This is just another game adaption of the TV series.

Servbot24

Banned
Complaining about Sonic is like complaining about Barney the Dinosaur.

Being excited about Sonic is also a bit like being excited about Barney, come to think of it.

Read the title and thought it was a game with multiple versions, Sonic Boom Fire and Sonic Boom Ice.

So this has turned out better than expected for me.

Still not going to buy it.

Yeah, the show is actually doing pretty well....and is actually quite decent from the few episodes I've seen, barring idiot Knuckles. Eggman's probably the best thing about the show.

Who keeps buying these? Why are they continuing to get made?
Why?

Can we get a 3DS Panzer Dragoon remake instead?

That being said last time I tried a Sonic game blind was Colors, which turned out ok.
I mostly go by what I read folks say on GAF or youtube reviews/plays

Top Bottom