• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom Street Date (and fans' hearts) Broken

From what I rember Gamexplain said it is day one. Review copies probably got sent today.

I am going to wait for Black Friday sale.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
this is based off a cartoon right? does the game get any amnesty for being a licensed game then, along the lines of like a simpsons game or something?

Azure J

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give LOST WORLD 2 pls ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

flohen95

this is based off a cartoon right? does the game get any amnesty for being a licensed game then, along the lines of like a simpsons game or something?

Yes, it is, and yes, it should be treated that way (since the developers/SEGA/whoever is and was responsible clearly treated it that way too).

Will it, though? I doubt it, but we'll see.

Village

I have now seen the first video and now know the entirety of where the plot is going to go in the next few games.

Anth0ny

Yeah, it's pretty much a licensed game. The real Sonic Team isn't working on it.

I'm hoping we see a real, decent Sonic at some point next year.

If you were to tell me that the developers of this game haven't actually played a videogame themselves since the PS1 era, I'd have no trouble believing that.

Experien

Hey look...it looks like any other action platformer but people are hating it cause it is Sonic. I have not see any bad stuff from this feed except for the commenters.

I noticed that when co-op is activated, the shadows super simplify (saw in the video), and I heard folks say the framerate gets cut in half.

So the main game wasn't downgraded with that in mind or maybe they did a bit and just did it further out of necessity.

Man I wish the main 1P gameplay looked like it did when it was unveiled. WHERE IS THIS SEGA? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJE_twq4wE

Edit: It's funny though, they had that same clip and area as a title screen at one demo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What was even the point of this re-imagining?
The game looks like garbage, the animated series was screwed by Cartoon Network (6 in the morning? Are you kidding?), I just don't get it.

Why don't they just use the work that was put into generations and make a sequel or a standalone game. Does Sega think sonic only stages are boring.

Bgamer90

Banned
dumbfounded-gif.gif

This is just. Wow. My brain can't handle how bad this looks.

V_Ben

Banned
I noticed that when co-op is activated, the shadows super simplify (saw in the video), and I heard folks say the framerate gets cut in half.

So the main game wasn't downgraded with that in mind or maybe they did a bit and just did it further out of necessity.

Man I wish the main 1P gameplay looked like it did when it was unveiled. WHERE IS THIS SEGA? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJE_twq4wE

Edit: It's funny though, they had that same clip and area as a title screen at one demo.

Well that'll be running on a PC.

I don't think the WiiU is cut out to be running Cryengine games. Heck, PS3 and 360 had trouble with them too.

Kikujiro

Hey look...it looks like any other action platformer but people are hating it cause it is Sonic. I have not see any bad stuff from this feed except for the commenters.

It's the opposite, it looks like any other (bad) action platformer and not a Sonic game.

Top Bottom