• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

Halfmunch

Played this at E3, its fast and fun like the daytime levels in unleashed.

Best part for me is that none of Sonic friends are playable!

I actually didn't get a Mario Galaxy vibe from the game when I played it.

zigg

Yeah, I liked playing it too. The wisps were a little awkward to activate sometimes (aiming the laser in particular) but I expect I'll get over that.

DS version, I tried out too. That one feels a little weird with Rush-style air tricks apparently removed.

I'm a little cautious about Sonic Colors for the DS. It looks like they're giving Sonic a bunch of new moves from Sonic Unleashed, like the ability to initiate mid-air boosts, wall jump, and do the leg stomp. Which probably isn't a problem, but it means removing a couple of features from Sonic Rush in order to make room (the trick system, for instance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3A6a5EK5J0

RobbieNick

Sega1991 said:
I'm a little cautious about Sonic Colors for the DS. It looks like they're giving Sonic a bunch of new moves from Sonic Unleashed, like the ability to initiate mid-air boosts, wall jump, and do the leg stomp. Which probably isn't a problem, but it means removing a couple of features from Sonic Rush in order to make room (the trick system, for instance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3A6a5EK5J0

That's not a bad thing. Instead of "Yea, yea, whoo, alright, yea!!" We get a bunch of new moves, like the ground pound, homing attack, slide, and wall jump. This may be much more deeper than Sonic Rush.

RobbieNick said:
That's not a bad thing. Instead of "Yea, yea, whoo, alright, yea!!" We get a bunch of new moves, like the ground pound, homing attack, slide, and wall jump. This may be much more deeper than Sonic Rush.

But I kind of liked the trick system, however simplistic it was.

Zen

Banned
A short clip of the boss from the Tropical Zone E3 Demo, the boss starts at 1:55. The boss looks like it has the potential to be neat, I like the concept at least. The circular ring with moving platforms in the center and the boss core in the middle? I'm done with that. I guess the real full version of the boss will probably do more than sit there. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIb7FVNKrCE&fmt=18

Courtesy of Game Plus Network we have the above new footage of Sonic Colours Wii from E3. The video is of Tropical Resort Zone which we’ve seen before but if you scroll to the 1:57 mark you’ll see the boss fight in action, which until now we’ve only really seen screenshots of. The boss fight is very short at just 3 hits but we’re told by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper at the SSMB who attended E3 that a SEGA representative informed him that the hit total was kept short just for the E3 demo as a taster and associated cut scenes were also removed from the demo.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-colours-wii-tropical-resort-zone-boss-footage

Zen

Banned
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/BvBcuc31VCDL6nW4YwEwu_n__FlsEHP6
NOA Website for Sonic Colors

The Japanese Website has also been redone with some nice music that might be the in game menu music.
http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicColors/#

Song itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S0hRzadbn8&feature=player_embedded

Hm, the Sonic model is a bit more detailed than I originally though.
http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Sonic-Colours-Wii-screen-1-3rd-July.jpg

Playing Mario Galaxy 2 is making me excited to try out Sonics spin on it. Sure sure, Sonic won't be as good as MG2, but the inspiration can't be a bad thing.

Xav

All Sega have to do is make the entire game play like the daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed and we'll finally have the Sonic game we've been waiting for. Of course they won't do that, I wonder what the shitty gimmick will be for this game.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I only click on Sonic threads to see the Sonic Cycle in action and the picture associated with it. The OP ruined the best part of Sonic threads by asserting that no one cares about the Sonic Cycle with his Sonic Cycle Cycle. This is untrue, I care about the Sonic Cycle. Someone post it please.

MYE

What kind of sorcery...

InteriorArt_TropicalResort02.jpg

Tropical%20Resort_%20%286%29.jpg

InteriorArt_SweetMountain02.jpg

Sweet%20Factory_.jpg

Sweet_Mountain%20%284%29.jpg

Sweet%20Factory_%20%283%29.jpg

:|

Kard8p3

So isn't this game just unleashed day levels with the wisps thrown in? If so and if the wisps don't screw things up too much then this could be good.

AwakenedCloud said:
Saw this on CAG just a moment ago, this is the preorder bonus that comes with both versions of the game.

Sonic_Colors-bonusLG.jpg

:lol Now I have to get this, just so I can wear this and run around my campus spouting Sonic quotes in the most annoying voice I can.

The Awkward Wizard said:
:lol Now I have to get this, just so I can wear this and run around my campus spouting Sonic quotes in the most annoying voice I can.
The amount of fun Mega64 will have with this... I can't even imagine. "You're too slow! You're too Slow! C'mon, step it up!" :lol :lol

AniHawk

Kard8p3 said:
So isn't this game just unleashed day levels with the wisps thrown in? If so and if the wisps don't screw things up too much then this could be good.

It sounds like wisps are there to help explore the levels and get all the collectibles, but you can play through the game without them (or at least get to the ends of the levels without them, not sure about the boss fights), according to the guy at the booth.

My skepticism about this game was pretty high, so if what he said (and clarified) is true, this is probably going to be a lot closer to what people wanted from 3D sonic since ever. I'm assuming something will screw it up somehow though. The controls are still slippery and the camera might be a problem somehow. Or maybe it's full of game breaking glitches.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:
It sounds like wisps are there to help explore the levels and get all the collectibles, but you can play through the game without them (or at least get to the ends of the levels without them, not sure about the boss fights), according to the guy at the booth.

My skepticism about this game was pretty high, so if what he said (and clarified) is true, this is probably going to be a lot closer to what people wanted from 3D sonic since ever. I'm assuming something will screw it up somehow though. The controls are still slippery and the camera might be a problem somehow. Or maybe it's full of game breaking glitches.

At least the graphics are pretty damn amazing. I did a double take on one screenshot and thought it was an Unleashed HD level. :lol Just for a moment. The lighting and pulled back camera threw me off.

TimmiT

ArchAngelUK (SEGA Europe's community manager) said on his radio show there will be an announcement about Sonic Colors tommorow and "franchise-changing news" this thursday.

TimmiT said:
ArchAngelUK (SEGA Europe's community manager) said on his radio show there will be an announcement about Sonic Colors tommorow and "franchise-changing news" this thursday.

Franchise changing news huh? They're going to give Sonic a race car to drive in now?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
XBLA/PSN Version for 10 bucks wither superior features ?

Just kiddin....3DS version on launch confirmed.

TimmiT said:

Franchise changing news?

This can only be good, right?

I mean, it can't possibly get any worse.

Culex

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Franchise changing news?

This can only be good, right?

I mean, it can't possibly get any worse.

Sonic being retired for good. Only his shitty friends will be in future games.

Zomba13

AwakenedCloud said:
Saw this on CAG just a moment ago, this is the preorder bonus that comes with both versions of the game.

Sonic_Colors-bonusLG.jpg
:O
That BETTER be a preorder bonus for the UK as well. More games need themed hats with preorders, so far we have Scribblenauts and Sonic. Where's my Mario preorder hat nintendo? Or my Mickey mouse ears with Epic Mickey Disney?

Koralsky

Wow, I've seen this for the first time (Wii version) and it's actually look quite good and most important - polish and interesting.

Which team making this?

I would kill for PSN/Live HD version of this with Unleashed engine.

lordmrw

Koralsky said:
Wow, I've seen this for the first time (Wii version) and it's actually look quite good and most important - polish and interesting.

Which team making this?

I would kill for PSN/Live HD version of this with Unleashed engine.

It never fails.

Top Bottom