• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces DLC leak: Episode Shadow

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Also wait, the Episode Shadow thing is free as well for just pre-ordering the game?

That's... Generous? Especially as the base game is already only $39.99.

(even though the DLC only being 10 MB does suggest it's all already on the disk though.)

That's actually surprising, yes.

MrBadger

Sonic Unleashed had meaty DLC with new levels though.

Sonic Unleashed was also almost ten years ago. I'm just keeping my expectations in check based on more recent Sonic DLC. Episode Metal and NiGHTS DLC both sounded cool, but both ended up being short reskinned versions of existing content.

Can't wait for another hodgepodge Sonic DLC where the existing stages are hit with the "bust level design" button for a new experience.

Blueblur1

This is harmless since he's going to play exactly like Sonic on levels are only slightly updated. Almost pointless even.

This sorta making me want to buy the game on day one. Shadow is one of my favorite Sonic Characters, so I'm a bit excited for this. I hope they release a trailer for this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No lie, I love Shadow conceptually, even if he was run into the ground after (and a little bit in) Heroes. So, I'm pretty stoked for this, because it might be the first time he's enjoyable to play as since his prime.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Sonic Unleashed was also almost ten years ago. I'm just keeping my expectations in check based on more recent Sonic DLC. Episode Metal and NiGHTS DLC both sounded cool, but both ended up being short reskinned versions of existing content.

I'll gladly take an extraction of modern Sonic levels, with some small gameplay changes and Shadow instead of Sonic, if it is free with the game :).

Yukinari

Probably how theyre gonna sustain this game with DLC even though they should just do level packs. Character packs are fine but damn.

6sl3V7t.jpg
This line actually has dual meanings, Shadow is a very deep game.

Neoxon

Maybe I'll get the game Day 1 if I have leftover cash from Star Wars & Mario Odyssey. $40 is a pretty enticing price tag for the game, a bunch of costumes, & free DLC.

Why would you think this? Besides baseless hate for 3D sonic?

The amount of characters included are honestly the main culprit there. Besides that its just a general gut feeling, but at least the price is right for me to try it anyway. I don't think I can have "baseless hate" for 3D Sonic games when I continue to play them.

Neoxon

My girlfriend got the file from the game data, painted over it to make it look nicer, then printed it and found a comparable frame from Amazon

QQCO1pN.jpg

My goal is to gain high political office and keep it on my desk
Okay, that's pretty godlike.

Your girlfriend is a keeper, don't screw it up.

ZdkDzk

I don't really keep up with Sonic games, but why is secret US agent Shadow the Hedgehog working with Eggman to overthrown the world? In fact why are any of the villains other than his OCs on his side? Didn't Chaos get purified and ascend or something? I thought red guy from Lost World tried to kill Egman at one point.

What I'm asking is, do different eras of Sonic games take place in their own universes a la Megami Tensei's Amala Network? Because as far as I can tell they retcon the world/characters every 4-5 games, and divergent timelines are they only explanation I can think of.

I mean Shadow is pretty equivalent to Sonic anyway.

How different will playing through Modern Sonic's stages as him be?

Unless he brings back the gun.

Camjo-Z

I don't really keep up with Sonic games, but why is secret US agent Shadow the Hedgehog working with Eggman to overthrown the world? In fact why are any of the villains other than his OCs on his side? Didn't Chaos get purified and ascend or something? I thought red guy from Lost World tried to kill Egman at one point.

Eggman made Infinite and I'm guessing Infinite has some sort of power over them.

When was the last time Shadow was playable in a Sonic game?

You can play as him in the Sonic Forces mobile game that just got released a few days ago. In terms of the main series, it was 06.

Top Bottom