• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World Wii U Exclusive

Guys, I found a leaked picture that shows the bosses and their names:

djU9RwA.gif

Sphinctorb, holy shit! I love you.

Maedhros

Not one, not two, SIX NEW SHITTY FRIENDS!?

And you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think that they won't end like Sonic friends in the end (even if they are robots)

I'm really hoping that the gameplay like Unleashed and score system (possibly with a trick system like Rush + SA2).... playing through Generations again, I'm starting to see the flaws in the gameplay. While I love the detailed level designs, I really am getting S's for practically nothing. I feel like I'm in a kids soccer game where everyone wins. At least when I play through Unleashed I have to work for that Diamond Studded S.

qq more

And you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think that they won't end like Sonic friends in the end (even if they are robots)

You're overacting, man. They seem way more likely to be one-game characters. They did that with Chip and they did that with Yacker and his friends.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 used a similar one:

Sonic-4-Episode-2-Xbox-Tornado.jpg

Sonic-and-Tailes.png

I like the red tips they added in LW. They added a logo as well.

Edit: OH SNAP, the logo was in Sonic 2, just red! :O

Revven

Why are people getting worked up over six one and done characters? (One-game characters) It's like Sonic Team can't, at all, make new characters without getting shit thrown at them; no matter if they are friend or foe. Are robots as new characters only acceptable? Eggman has had a lot of new/different mechs throughout the years... why don't you complain about those? Oh wait, those mechs/robot enemies are one-game designs/characters too...

Where was this shitstorm for Colors? I had the impression that people liked Colors BECAUSE it brought in characters that were similar to Flickies of old and was also the series returning to form.

TheOGB

Banned
Maybe the people that would've thrown a fit were the same ones who had written it off immediately, either as too kiddy or because it was Wii exclusive? Sounds like a stretch to me, but I think people don't care because they worked in Colors.

People with a problem now, did you play Colors, or just Generations? Or did you not like it in Colors either?

You're overacting, man. They seem way more likely to be one-game characters. They did that with Chip and they did that with Yacker and his friends.

To be fair, Shadow was supposed to be a one-game character that was brought back only due to popular demand.

So who knows? If people actually like these characters they may appear in more games than this one.

You mean the "Sonic friends" that have been introduced in the past half a decade? As in, the ones that appeared in one game and were never so much as mentioned again?

t1VLO76.gif

Please find a way to put that in Snoic Generations!

Ok, ok, I guess I'll plop that in somewhere.

alien-friends1.png

Edited the gamma a little bit and you can see a few more details on these guys. The guy on the far right is standing on a curly wooden staff. He looks like a little old monk or something.

Everyone has stripy horns, and the two on the left have similar 'uniforms'.

alien-friends1.png

Edited the gama a little bit and you can see a few more details on these guys. The guy on the far right is standing on a curly wooden staff. He looks like a little old monk or something.

Everyone has stripy horns, and the two on the left have similar 'uniforms'.

Was waiting for a sleuth edit like that, interesting.

qq more

To be fair, Shadow was supposed to be a one-game character that was brought back only due to popular demand.

So who knows? If people actually like these characters they may appear in more games than this one.

2006 was the last game where they brought in too many Sonic friends. Ever since the game flopped, the franchise had a major change in the direction and hasn't really done much with the shitty friends since then. I wouldn't seriously worry about these new characters.

Sonic Generations doesn't count because it's an anniversary game and it was suppose to reference almost everything about the franchise.

I saw that after the announcement. Bless their hearts.

Am I the only one who gets excited about every sonic game, solely on the chance there may be a new Chao garden?

Nope. I do as well.

2006 was the last game where they brought in too many Sonic friends. Ever since the game flopped, the franchise had a major change in the direction and hasn't really done much with the shitty friends since then. I wouldn't seriously worry about these new characters.

Sonic Generations doesn't count because it's an anniversary game and it was suppose to reference almost everything about the franchise.

To be honest Sonic 06 really was more like 3 characters and a couple of assists, some actually felt better to play than the main characters..... Blaze.

I'm really not against friends, they don't really damage the story, all that matters most is how they are implemented, their past mistakes were usually making it repetitive.

But most of all, I would like to be able to use Stage Select and play over a stage once with a different character to possibly unlike extra content (upgrades/unlocks/narrative).

Most of all I'm really looking forward to Multiplayer in Modern Sonic. It could be the most epic shit in history.

Also Chao Garden.

TheOGB

Banned
Most of the detail has been crushed out, sadly. I was hoping they had skipped over something.

alien-friend2.png

This guy is odd. He's got some kind of weird nose, and open fingered gloves?
I hope that guy doesn't turn out as ugly as I'm imagining him :(

although at this point nothing will top Grambo

Colours was the superior game, but stuck on a console nobody took seriously any more, and up against the nostalgia factor of level remakes and classic Sonic. Doomed to be criminally overlooked, really.

Won't lie, I fear this'll suffer the same.

Colours still outsold Generations though..

Some Guy

Ha! I guess I am not the only one who saw Mushu and a disembodied head in there.

(Also, wow, my GAF account was finally activated sometime when I wasn't looking)

RagnarokX

Funny, looking at that, it's the most "classic" version of the tails plane we've got since Sonic 2:

Sonic's plane*!11!11!!!1

So far the classic Tornado is the best thing about the game :p

Hopefully it's more like Generations rather than Colors and not some godawful new experimental thing like Skylanders: Sonic.

You mean the "Sonic friends" that have been introduced in the past half a decade? As in, the ones that appeared in one game and were never so much as mentioned again?

Ok, ok, I guess I'll plop that in somewhere.

Sweet! Also, in the most non-harassment-sort-of-way, might I ask when there might possibly be...a new demo?

slow-clap-gif.gif

Oh god the music is killing me!
EDIT: oh wow that ending!
Bravo sir....bravo!

Oh god, I was laughing throughout the entire video once I realized what it was parodying.

Bravo!

Thanks!

Oh man, Esrever totally trumped my secret hidden concept art. Danica Patrick is truly Sonic's newest Shitty Friend.

...Dyacka Patrick?

Sweet! Also, in the most non-harassment-sort-of-way, might I ask when there might possibly be...a new demo?

There won't be a new demo anytime soon. The full game, however, should be out in the next month or so though. I've had long periods of barely working on the game as well as poor time management skills and passed every other deadline, but I'm nearly done this time. Honest. I'm glad someone remembers it exists!

There won't be a new demo anytime soon. The full game, however, should be out in the next month or so though. I've had long periods of barely working on the game as well as poor time management skills and passed every other deadline, but I'm nearly done this time. Honest. I'm glad someone remembers it exists!

I thought the full game might be coming out soon, but I didn't want to push my luck by asking you again if it is. I've thought Snoic Generations was brilliant from the first trailer I ever saw of it. I hope that when you are ready to release it you make an OT for it here and not just at Sonic Retro.

All Sonic fans must know of this awesomesauce:

Snoic Generations Trailer

Its like the epitome of tributes to all of the awfulness of Sonic's games, cartoons, and fandom.
Its the game God never intended, and yet it almost feels like you're on a holy mission.
Show the above trailer to any longtime Sonic fan and they'll know exactly what its all about. This is a game that has just been waiting to be made...the culmination of everything awesomely bad and just plain bad that has happened to Sonic. That's why I was sort of disappointed to see you didn't enter it at SAGE 2012, but considering that's around the time you released the first demo I guess there wasn't a lot finished at that time.

Kouriozan

This...I wanted to respond to this four days ago! But my laptop was acting up. Its kind of old news now, but here is a dramatic reading of that petition post (my apology in advance for my total lack of sprite animation skills)..

Presenting, An "Anonymous" Hedgehog Reacts to Sonic's Nintendo Exclusivity.

As for the arguments that Sonic belonged on Nintendo for their port of Sonic Adventure, I proudly point out the availability of these games on Xbox LIVE made my 360 purchase well worth the cost of the console just to play those nostalgic titles from my youth.
I'm not buying a WiiU just to pay another $180 for my childhood hero.
I'm dying :lol

Top Bottom