• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds: Deadly Six Edition includes NiGHTS into Dreams levels

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

I think this game is striking a lot of positive notes with many fans and gamers, including myself, and I really enjoyed the original Nights into Dreams, but if this is a day-one DLC for the game then this will be the first very negative note in what otherwise appears to be a great platforming game.

It feels weird not being excited for a Sonic Game. Sonic Is the main reason I love the Hobbie yet I see this one and feel nothing. Is basically Genesis Sonic + Mario Galaxy.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

TimmiT

Based on the fact it says exclusive content to the special edition and mentions while supplies last, I feel it may be a limited run of copies of the game to include this content as opposed to DLC, but we shall see.

They did the same thing with Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, of which pre-order/early copies included Metal Sonic and an Outrun track as day 1 DLC. They later sold it seperately.

Based on the fact it says exclusive content to the special edition and mentions while supplies last, I feel it may be a limited run of copies of the game to include this content as opposed to DLC, but we shall see.

If this is a special edition you can get on day-one with extra content that is nearly the same as day-one DLC and unlike DLC, the excuses are even fewer because the golden build of the game with this additional content will have had to been shipped at the same time as the normal version. Whereas if this were DLC it could have been developed while the game was waiting to be licensed and tested by Nintendo.

I'm willing to give Sega the benefit of the doubt, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I am very skeptical.

I'd imagine so just like sonic racing transformed (though does anything other than the special edition of that even exist?)

Last time I was this hyped for a Sonic game was Sonic 2. Aslong as this and Bayo 2 live up to expectations I don't care for all the WiiU hate, I'm still buying one before a PS4.

The New Sonic Cycle
New Sonic game is announced.
It looks pretty good, just like every other Sonic game since Unleashed.
Idiots fucking gibber about the "Sonic cycle" like it means anything or they have any idea what they're talking about

I won't allow myself to get hyped for this...but man, NiGHTs levels/bosses? Sega is trying to appeal to me on a molecular level - and it's working!

It feels weird not being excited for a Sonic Game. Sonic Is the main reason I love the Hobbie yet I see this one and feel nothing. Is basically Genesis Sonic + Mario Galaxy.

LOL that's the reason I'm getting it

but yeah I'm not even THAT excited for it myself, but I haven't had any interest in Sonic in a looong time, so the fact that this got my attention is saying something.

Alpha_eX

If this is a disc based exclusive then that's really shitty, no chance for me to play the standard game to see if I like enough to pay for more levels.

Hey Nintendo, DLC, heard of it?

That's precisely the reason this is the first sonic game I've been excited about in the last fifteen years.

Berordn

Especially interesting as many say this game is based off of Sonic X-Treme, which used the NiGHTS engine.

Might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure they were denied the NiGHTS engine after a few tests and they used a modified version of the Bug! engine instead.

Not that it really matters. I'm just glad they're using the NiD bosses and not the JoD bosses.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I should really get to that. My bro bought it for my birthday and I still haven't touched it yet lol

Dat A rank feel. I never 100% games, but NiGHTS got me. Hated HD version, though. Even with the fixed controls it's not the same as holding the jelly donut Saturn pad.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If this is a disc based exclusive then that's really shitty, no chance for me to play the standard game to see if I like enough to pay for more levels.

Hey Nintendo, DLC, heard of it?

What Nintendo got to do with this when it's a Sega game? And yes Nintendo have heard of DLC as they have been doing it for few of their games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would be amazing if there was actual levels included as well leading up to the boss battles. In any case, this pretty much secures a day 1 buy for me.

Dusk Golem

It would be amazing if there was actual levels included as well leading up to the boss battles. In any case, this pretty much secures a day 1 buy for me.

I'm hoping for a stage as well.

I also will place my bets this will be on disc (at least with fragmented data), but I'm not too bothered.

Tuck

The New Sonic Cycle
New Sonic game is announced.
It looks pretty good, just like every other Sonic game since Unleashed.
Idiots fucking gibber about the "Sonic cycle" like it means anything or they have any idea what they're talking about

Yep - Sonic has been good for a while now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
everything about this game screams quality in a Sonic title that hasn't been seen for well over a decade.

Hoping this unquestionably applies to eShop versions.

danielcw

I always wanted a Nights/Sonic crossover.

But I imagined it would be the other way round, like "Nights and the Secret Rings".

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Totally rad. Game went from a Day 1 buy to a...day 1 buy? Maybe I'll pre-order it now? I dunno, I was getting this anyway, but now I am realllly getting it!

Odoul

[
6982SLW_Play_Together_UK_with_DLC-QT_For_WEB_1280x720.mov_snapshot_01.42_2013.08.21_12.22.36-620x350.jpg

Kids these days do love them some gigantic titties.

tchaten

Neo Member
I was hoping they would have a 3DS/Wii U bundle - an extra boss is great, but a bundle would be pretty sweet too.

Top Bottom