• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

the game is fall 13.
it's obvious that they are beta testing it.
I still don't see where the Wii U exclusivity (considering that it's not a system that struggles compared to PS360, considering how the unveiled gamepadi integrations seem "easy" and so on) should have created issues that weren't there before when it was multiplatform (especially if you consider that it already was on the Wii U)

Considering it looks worse than the Wii exclusive titles, it might have actually been multiplatform being on PS2/3DS/Wii and they just didn't give a shit solving technical issues while upping the resolution to HD, lol.

Daedardus

His opinion hinges on whether or not he has a deviantART account.

From her website:
Q3: Do you work for SEGA?
- I used to work for SEGA until I left in January 2013 to start this company Spectramis Arts. I do not represent SEGA or their opinions. Do not ask me questions about SEGA as I still honor NDA contracts. They are a wonderful company and I hope I can do business with them in the future.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Considering it looks worse than the Wii exclusive titles, it might have actually been multiplatform being on PS2/3DS/Wii and they just didn't give a shit solving technical issues while upping the resolution to HD, lol.

Actually it look worse than the Saturn Sonic game, yeah...

NotLiquid

What embargo?

Sega originally said we were supposed to find out more about the game today (May 29th). Last time this happened when Generations got it's game play trailer reveal, it saw an influx of previews from all around the internet.

I doubt IGN are the only ones to have gotten hands-on with the game. They've most likely only gotten exclusive reveal of it. Or they even broke the info early, I haven't seen Sega post much about the game.

I totally agree that it really depends on what you're willing to over look in most cases with Sonic games. And that there is honestly some great stuff to be had in there at times. It's a subjective opinion, that I know I will most likely be in the minority of.

Each fan I've ever come across has had various things they liked and disliked. Some people like myself look at what others are willing to overlook vs those that would be experiencing something for the first time and don't already have those opinions engraved into their mind. It's why I have stated that you should make your own opinion.

After reading up on that UK IGN stuff there seems to be things even I didn't know about that might have been added in a later build. Which might change my opinion. I was just stating what my opinion was of what I had experienced. If it all comes together it'll be great.

Everyone is finding it a hard time with WiiU these days, and these dev teams are/were working with Hedgehog Engine created specifically for 360/PS3/PC. There was no Wii version of Sonic Generations for instance.

Now take a multi-platform game and make it WiiU only (which is 9/10 when WiiU games get crappiest versions), and add extra gimmicky gamepad stuff around the sides. Recipe for uh ohs.
Extra gimmicky? That's pretty gimmicky. How gimmicky are we talking? If it's DS levels of having a quick menu for items, that sounds pretty low on the gimmick scale and might even get bumped up to useful. Unless there's more information I'm unaware of.

Daedardus

Extra gimmicky? That's pretty gimmicky. How gimmicky are we talking? If it's DS levels of having a quick menu for items, that sounds pretty low on the gimmick scale and might even get bumped up to useful. Unless there's more information I'm unaware of.

Spin 360° clockwise with the gamepad stretched out before you to do a spin attack!

I totally agree that it really depends on what you're willing to over look in most cases with Sonic games. And that there is honestly some great stuff to be had in there at times. It's a subjective opinion, that I know I will most likely be in the minority of.

Each fan I've ever come across has had various things they liked and disliked. Some people like myself look at what others are willing to overlook vs those that would be experiencing something for the first time and don't already have those opinions engraved into their mind. It's why I have stated that you should make your own opinion.

After reading up on that UK IGN stuff there seems to be things even I didn't know about that might have been added in a later build. Which might change my opinion. I was just stating what my opinion was of what I had experienced. If it all comes together it'll be great.

What are your opinions on other 3D Sonic games? From the trailer, what makes you so sure they didn't address reported issues? And how has the plot to this game been handled?

If what you say about this game having been a multiplatform title first is true, it makes me worry there may not be a PS4/X1 title in the works just yet :/

sonic-colors-20100615100032204-3236747_640w.jpg

QZNUoAy.jpg

Your eyes, they do deceive you.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
it's not what I've heard, it's what I know. You'd think a game would change in 4-6 months after getting vital negative feedback, but they didn't change anything. In fact they made it worse by adding in Wii-U specific stuff.

After reading up on that UK IGN stuff there seems to be things even I didn't know about that might have been added in a later build.

Sorry, but I call this BS.

NotLiquid

If what you say about this game having been a multiplatform title first is true, it makes me worry there may not be a PS4/X1 title in the works just yet :/

Since Nintendo are publishing at least one more Sonic game, that's almost certainly not on the cards yet since it'll most likely be the HD Team's game.

Don't count on it.

It didn't seems worse when I saw those pics..

Well, it's an SD game, but if you had an HD port of Colours it would look significantly better than this. No doubt.

They still made PS2 games two years ago?

I still remember some PS2 port of the Wii Silent Hill in 2010 :D Maybe it was cross generation between Wii and Wii U. It looks absolutely pathetic compared to Generations, graphically, so I don't see how this ever was a PS360 game or ever caused problems on an HD platform. Especially for Sonic Team, that usually got most out of each platform lately.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
If only Galaxy's gravity was in this game. Could you imagine sonic's speed mixed with gravity elements? 0_0

Daedardus

I still remember some PS2 port of the Wii Silent Hill in 2010 :D Maybe it was cross generation between Wii and Wii U. It looks absolutely pathetic compared to Generations, graphically, so I don't see how this ever was a PS360 game or ever caused problems on an HD platform. Especially for Sonic Team, that usually got most out of each platform lately.

That was released in 2010 though. No big name publisher would start to make a PS2 game to release it in 2012.

Yagharek

Wow. After 15 years of disappointments, this is the first time I've dared to be excited by a Sonic game after the letdown of Adventure.

Now I need to try Colours.

Bert

Never liked Sonic since the mega drive days, but this looks amazing.

I hope through Nintendo partnerships Wii U becomes the 90s remix platform. Now make a console based road rash rip off and complete my childhood Nintendo.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It's hard not to be impartial when it comes to Sonic no matter what end of the spectrum you're on, and while I understand that TRiPPY might not be the best judge, there's still Rich's preview of the game who is very positive about it.

IGN dude's preview wasn't hands-on.

That's actually a very helpful question. Especially interested in the opinions on Unleashed, Colours and Generations.

Unleashed was my favorite of the three. Outside of some small issues with which I was able to overlook. I thought it was the best of the three for how it combines speed, control, and well designed worlds.

I thought colors was just plain confused, but at least it played well enough. Same could be said for Generations too. Not my two favorite 3d sonics. I think out of all of the 3d one's the dreamcast games still hold up and even Shadow wasn't that bad too. I very much prefer the 2d over the 3d gameplay mechanics of sonic.

I still like Lost world because its does not look busy with tons of details...

Fair enough, but that actually is Sonic for you (usually). Sonic 3 & Knuckles is also full of details and features still great looking sprite work because of it, so it also isn't exactly a new thing.
It is disappointing to me especially, since the WiiU still feels it offers nothing but souped up Wii games right now and since Sonic games usually offer stunning visuals, I finally expected/wanted more out of an exclusive game than something that looks like an HD port of Galaxy (without the fidelity in art design Galaxy had).

plank

Bad game design, and hardware limitations. Yes hardware limitations, that's what it was described to me as being the issue. Something that wasn't fixed even after that period of time.

There is very little time for this game to be worked on in any dramatic way that might or might not change some of the issues. But that's not to say they can't make a miracle happen every once in a while.

Are you referring to the "other" platforms or just the WiiU?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
"Unleashed was my favorite of the three."

"Unleashed was my favorite of the three."

The game with the sonic werewolf, one of the worst level design ever made + poor frame rate during these phases?

ok...
1369825091-wtyvw.gif

I think he's talking about the Sonic portions, which I at least think are the best in the series. Werehog and overworld aren't too great, but they also don't suck as much as the secondary characters in the Adventures.

I absolutely cannot believe that you guys are actually believing some random person on an internet forum that claims he has "insider knowledge" without any actual proof. I guess gaf can be a little stupid at times? I for one will wait until the game actually comes out before setting my expectations.

Top Bottom