• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

DaBoss

Off TV confirmed. Exclusive 3DS levels and Colour powers. Two megatons in just one PR!

Special stages are those bonus stages, not really anything special. I guess the exclusive Wisp powers are going to be the same as the DS version of Sonic Colours.

If this game has to have a "story" and "dialogue," I hope they stick with the Colors' route of self-aware, tongue-in-cheek cheesiness. That's probably the best route.

FUCK YES

I think

Isn't this like the tenth time, though? lol

...WAIT!

29th May 2013 – Following on from last week’s Nintendo Direct video announcement in which details of a worldwide partnership between SEGA & Nintendo were announced, Nintendo of Europe today reveals additional details of the second title to be published exclusively on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS as part of the three title deal. Sonic Lost World sees Sonic face his most powerful enemy to date – and this time there are six of them. Sonic Lost World will be available exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS later this year.

Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-to-head. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Colour Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes. In addition each platform will also contain unique features that take advantage of the consoles capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Colour Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more. The full game can also be played using only the Wii U GamePad screen and will feature a two player support mode. Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS is the first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realised 3D levels which include exclusive Special Stages and Colour Powers unique to the Nintendo 3DS system.

Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared as a videogame character in June 1991 and instantly became an icon for a generation of gamers. Defined by his super-fast speed and cool attitude, in the years since he first raced on to videogame consoles. Sonic Lost World will be distributed by Nintendo of Europe throughout Europe and Australia when it launches later this year.

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes. In addition each platform will also contain unique features that take advantage of the consoles capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Colour Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more. The full game can also be played using only the Wii U GamePad screen and will feature a two player support mode. Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS is the first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realised 3D levels which include exclusive Special Stages and Colour Powers unique to the Nintendo 3DS system.

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes.

competitive multiplayer modes

YES! Give it online capabilities and I'll buy it 5 times over!

I've been waiting for this since SA2:B. Too long. Too long... ;__;

This game has the worst grass ever. I can understand it being stylized, but why on earth would they then have the grass in the CG video look like EasyTurf? It just highlights that they couldn't get the grass to look as good.

NotLiquid

8878958973_a310a0823a_o.jpg

Box art

The 3DS version actually attempts to give the illusion that Sonic is pressing his hand down on something firm. Winner.

But I'll probably still get the Wii U version.

Heyt

Banned
Nintendo Network stamp! online for the multiplayer modes? DLC?

And exclusive levels for the 3DS, I look forward to playing those.

NotLiquid

Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures collectively known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-on. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever-changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

Spoiler Alert: Eggman is actually playing Sonic for a fool, there's a Seventh member or some shit that Eggman wants to fully harness or something and Sonic will have to team up with the Deadly Six to take on the final boss.

You heard it here first, folks.

Dang0

In addition each platform will also contain unique features that take advantage of the consoles capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Colour Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more.

This does seem to give credability to Beardy's claims it has forced in Wii U-centric gimmicks. Doesn't necessarily mean he's right about it being bad though.

Kacho

Gold Member
Really like the box art. :)

This is the first Sonic game I've been excited for since Sonic 3. Can't wait.

NotLiquid

Rise Against The Deadly Six
Platforms
Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™
When the Deadly Six threaten to destroy his world, Sonic's new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it's too late!

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!

COLOR POWERS
New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He's more powerful than ever!

NEW WORLD
Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.

BOSS BATTLES
Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic's moves and power-ups.

MULTIPLAYER
Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes - it's the ultimate supersonic showdown!

Wii U EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
  • Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
  • Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
  • Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
  • Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
  • Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.

NINTENDO 3DS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
  • The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
  • Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
  • Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
  • Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
  • Race against friends through local and online game modes.
  • PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.

Multiplayer huh? Fucking hyped. I hope it's like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, multiplayer racing has always been a blast.

Mael

This does seem to give credability to Beardy's claims it has forced in Wii U-centric gimmicks. Doesn't necessarily mean he's right about it being bad though.
How? Let's be frank when was the last time PR for WiiU/3DS didn't emphasise special functionality for the hardware?

JDSN

Banned
Its hardly the first game that includes them, they were also pretty much confirmed last night.

Dang0

How? Let's be frank when was the last time PR for WiiU/3DS didn't emphasise special functionality for the hardware?

True, and I'm not saying its not a coincidence, just that it does match up to what he said (even though what he said was incredibly vague).

NTom64

Thanks I didn't bother with the DS version so I didn't know what that was...
colors is good on DS btw?

It's basically Sonic Rush 3, but without the trick system.

The only thing it does better than its Wii counterpart is the final boss (the Eggman fight, he uses all of the wisps instead of just like 3).

Now that i've given myself a day to let this sink in, I think everything about this game looks great, even the box art looks entertaining.

Malvingt2

Rich‏@RichIGN1
I guess I should mention that if all goes according to plan, you’ll see more Sonic Lost World on IGN… before E3.

Mael

True, and I'm not saying its not a coincidence, just that it does match up to what he said (even though what he said was incredibly vague).

True, we'll see.
I don't expect the tilt functionality to be any good though...

It's basically Sonic Rush 3 so if you like that series you ought to like Colors DS.

I don't know if I'll pick it, then again it would complete my collection....
And to think I picked up Rush Adv thinking it was that BS Bioware game....
I dodged a bullet on that one!

Top Bottom