• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

Forkball

Sonic is trying so hard to get into SSB4 it's sad.

I liked Generations, and it seems like they want to mix the 2D and 3D aspects of that game together. It does give me a galaxy vibe, and I think there could be a lot of neat levels with the constant switching of terrain and viewpoint. I don't know if I want to pay $60 for this, but it has me interested.

RagnarokX

To be honest, Nintendo is the only one to blame. They had the chance to redeem themselves... they didn't soooo

Well, after the XBone reveal, it seems the mistake they made this time to fail to redeem themselves was not implementing anticonsumer DRM; cuz it sure as hell isn't the controller and doesn't seem like power is much of an issue.

Tuck

Boxart is nice though the bad guys seem really out of place.

Still unsure of what exactly the 3DS version is. Same game with exclusive features or entirely different game with exclusive features?

Meelow

Banned
iSLtbBL.jpg

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/29/rise-against-the-deadly-six-in-sonic-lost-world/

Multiplayer huh? Fucking hyped. I hope it's like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, multiplayer racing has always been a blast.

Someone give me a Sonic shirt, I am now an official big Sonic fan :D

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That wasn't very clear. Is the 3DS version a different game or not? They just said colour powers and special stages are different, but surely if those are different the levels would also have to be different to accomodate this? I look forward to seeing both versions at E3 to see what the deal is.

VanWinkle

So I'm correct to assume that the 3DS version and Wii U version are the same games, only with some exclusive features for each? Awesome if so. Nice to see 3DS not get the short end of the port stick for once.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am thinking by the Sonic x Eggman team-up they mean Eggman is going to have some role in gameplay and story as aiding Sonic. Both the Wii-U and 3DS mention customizing gadgets that are player controlled or a second player can control and that you can share gadgets between the 3DS and Wii-U version. I first thought it was something Tails was doing, but then realized it probably had something to do with the Sonic/Eggman dynamic.

“The game marks an evolution of the Sonic series and fans –both old and new — will be excited by a story which sees two of video games biggest adversaries, Sonic and Dr. Eggman, joining forces for the first time to help defeat a new deadly threat.”

So, can we play as Dr. Eggman Robotnik?

Edit: Sonic is the only playable character according to IGN.

image.php

RagnarokX

Well clearly they wanted to use a gadgets mechanic to explain Gamepad use and since there is no genius inventor amongst Sonic's friends, especially not one with two tails that can fly as fast as Sonic can run, they had to bring Robotnik in as a temporary ally!

You play the game as Robotnik holding the Gamepad and helping Sonic!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, can we play as Dr. Eggman Robotnik?

We're confirmed to at least be able to control 'gadgets', which I assume will be robotic like that can attack enemies and be played by a second player and be customized. I'm assuming the pilot is Eggman.

Tails could of done it, but I am certain that the reason they mention Eggman and Sonic teaming up was for this, and if so they probably chose Eggman since he has been a consistently liked character for a while now.

guek

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of the boxart either but I don't think it'll really matter. Sonic skews towards the younger audience after all.

RagnarokX

NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!
Now now, Sega, don't lie. Is the spindash back or is it just a boost that looks like the spindash like it was in Sonic Generations or a temporary and crappy powerup the spike wisp in Sonic Colors? It's pointless if rolling physics are still shit.

Top Bottom