• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

Mark1

From several members on Sonic Stadium. Sorry if old.

When the Deadly Six threaten to destroy his world, Sonic's new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it's too late!

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!

COLOR POWERS
New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He's more powerful than ever!

NEW WORLD
Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.

BOSS BATTLES
Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic's moves and power-ups.

MULTIPLAYER
Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes - it's the ultimate supersonic showdown!

Wii U EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.

NINTENDO 3DS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
Race against friends through local and online game modes.
PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.

http://www.sega.com/Source/Wireframes/GamesPage.aspx?pageid=5657&LangType=1033

cacildo

MULTIPLAYER
Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes - it's the ultimate supersonic showdown!

Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.

Very good!!!!

NotLiquid

Now now, Sega, don't lie. Is the spindash back or is it just a boost that looks like the spindash like it was in Sonic Generations or a temporary and crappy powerup the spike wisp in Sonic Colors? It's pointless if rolling physics are still shit.

Iizuka has already stated that speed is tiered in the game. If you move the control stick you merely walk while pressing the run button makes you run. Only when you're in your running state can you do a roll, which is when you reach max speeds.

Call it a combination of classic rolling and boosting in it's current form. It sounds like a neat compromise that won't just encourage mindless boost game play.

Kimawolf

Wow didn't know they'd allow you to actually share game items on Miiverse. THAT is impressive for a console game and sounds like it will be a cool process

Daingurse

Multiplayer and incoming Robotnik backstab?

bueno.jpg

DaBoss

OMG, why hasn't there been and online multiplayer racing in a Sonic game before? Why didn't I realize this was a good idea before?

Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.

That does not confirm online play for the Wii U.

Teknoman

Wow that trailer made that game look way better than it really is. For those of you getting hyped, don't. You'll be saving yourself in doing so, it truly is a disaster in progress.

Colors and Generations have Sega on a roll with Sonic. Also Nintendo with an exclusive partnership with Sega, making a HUGE deal out of it, would not result in a bad game. Too much at stake.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Come on, you really think that the game has online multiplayer for 3ds and not for Wii U? Why the hell could that happen? It's practically the same game.

Odinson

Generations was good. Never got to play colors, but the mash up of galaxy looking worlds and good sonic movement has me hyped.

RagnarokX

Iizuka has already stated that speed is tiered in the game. If you move the control stick you merely walk while pressing the run button makes you run. Only when you're in your running state can you do a roll, which is when you reach max speeds.

Call it a combination of classic rolling and boosting in it's current form. It sounds like a neat compromise that won't just encourage mindless boost game play.

Then it's not the spindash.

Still sounds better than boosting.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Tilting gimmicks. On both. But mainly on a system where the 3D effect pays the price entirely: No! BAD SEGA. Better be normal control options.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A man crazy shit always happen to Wii U so I expect it to not have online and the 3DS to have online.

Sonic All Star Racing has online.

Monster Hunter has online on Wii U and not on 3ds.

Really, this would be beyond crazy, there is no reason whatsoever for it.

Tilting gimmicks. On both. But mainly on a system where the 3D effect pays the price entirely: No! BAD SEGA. Better be normal control options.

I hope this is optional and not ruining the normal gameplay.

Damn... I told myself to never fall for the Sonic Cycle again but this really does look great. It's so colourful, like a Sega Saturn game and it looks a lot like Sonic X-treme which I always believed to be the natural progression to a proper 3D Sonic.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah, but they didnt show any gameplay. I'm sure if there was a quick Planet Wisp montage, people would've been fine.

That being said, I hope for a final zone that puts the orbital elevator to shame, at least music wise.

The music likely will be done by the same people, as the person who did Colors music also did a few tracks in Generations and Unleashed, but we'll have to see how the music stands out. To be certain, Terminal Velocity did have some pretty awesome music.

But I have hope. I don't know what, but if anything, the team behind this game (Which I am almost 100% sure is the 'storybook' team, or the people who made Secret Rings and Colors) very much enjoy their over the top finales, and since this is like Colors in many ways I bet the style of music won't be -too- different.

DaBoss

But I have hope. I don't know what, but if anything, the team behind this game (Which I am almost 100% sure is the 'storybook' team, or the people who made Secret Rings and Colors) very much enjoy their over the top finales, and since this is like Colors in many ways I bet the style of music won't be -too- different.

I think they stopped using teams. The only reason they had teams was to get different Wii and PS3/360 Sonic games. They don't have to do that here.

Top Bottom