• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

TrueBlue

A booster on a short path to a spring. Not really the think I want to see. Automation needs to stop.

So far everything else looks pretty good in terms of level design, so I hope they don't fall back into rollercoaster land.

I dunno, just from the screenshots, it doesn't seem practical for the level design to be like a rollercoaster.

If this isn't Mario Galaxy with a Sonic overcoat I don't know what is. You can tell they took a lot of inspiration from both games. I would not be surprised if the Sonic Team had a little bit of help from the Mario Galaxy crew.

Yeah it does look a lot like it, but it can't play too much like Galaxy. Not if it wants to be a good Sonic game at least. Galaxy's levels have all kinds of neat obstacles that would just kill Sonic's all-about-speed gameplay. They'd have to really space things out.

Yeah it does look a lot like it, but it can't play too much like Galaxy. Not if it wants to be a good Sonic game at least. Galaxy's levels have all kinds of neat obstacles that would just kill Sonic's all-about-speed gameplay. They'd have to really space things out.

Not if the new movement system is worked out the way I think it is. Being able to stop and platform should be a fairly simple task. You won't have to go top speed when you don't want to. But you're right, this stage does look to encourage speed more than platforming. So that's a bit different from the way Galaxy is designed.

I don't really want this to be Sonic Galaxy, though. I want it to be a good Sonic game with balace between platforming and speed, and that's what it sounds like we are getting.

Spinluck

The platforming comes before the speed, at least it has in every good Sonic game.

RagnarokX

A Sonic game that focuses too much on speed is a bad Sonic game.

Seda

Looks like previews hit at noon EDT

gWqFx5g.png

I'm not gonna lie, this looks impressive.

I was never a fan of Sonic but I played Generations and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I hope this can keep at least that quality.

Top Bottom