• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania Denuvo DRM cracked

Foffy

Banned
I suppose this was the reason the Taxman talked about some real life thing with identification and authentication with humans a few weeks ago.

Fair to bet Sonic Forces has it too.

iXzvnme.gif

Mifec

AA cheap game using Denuvo. What a waste of money on Sega's part when it gets cracked 10 days after release.

Yohane

2+ weeks delay just to implement Denuvo.

No way I'm gonna support this shit.

Fuck you Sega, I'm gonna buy this game on ps4 on sale.

Mifec

They spend shiton of money and delayed it, hence losing more sales, for a DRM that will lead to... more lost sales.
Agents of Mayhem took 10 days, I wonder how long this takes, prolly has less checks.
That's been done before. Back then Denuvo actually worked. Not anymore.

Yeah I know, but I'm talking about this specifically. Like you said it's not worth it since it will get cracked in less than 2 weeks.

Guess Who

Banned
Opinions on Denuvo aside, there’s not any indication that it was delayed specifically to add Denuvo - the PC version does include a number of bug fixes and at least one new gameplay feature that aren’t in the console version.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Cool. I bought it on the Switch, but I guess I won't be buying it on PC. Though honestly, I guess I wouldn't have rebought it on PC unless it was actually DRM-free.

Anyway, shit's bogus.

Puruzi

Banned
Fucking god damn it, I knew this is why they delayed it.

Denuvo fucks with Mods right? I really wanted to play with mods people would have made on this version, shit sucks yo

Opinions on Denuvo aside, there’s not any indication that it was delayed specifically to add Denuvo - the PC version does include a number of bug fixes and at least one new gameplay feature that aren’t in the console version.

2 weeks of delay seems like too much of a round number to not be sales related.

AA cheap game using Denuvo. What a waste of money on Sega's part when it gets cracked 10 days after release.

yeah whenever I hear a game has Denuvo i know it's going to be heavily cracked, they sort of make it a mission when it comes to games with denuvo they might as well get rid of it

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Haha, now I feel like a fucking champion for cancelling my Steam copy and getting the PS4 version.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Was it delayed to implement Denuvo?

Probably to "secure" console sales and "doubly secure" the game with Denuvo.

Maybe Denuvo was there all along, who knows. But I can help doubting that they had so much trouble getting the PC version to run consistently that they needed two extra weeks to work on the game.

I have my copy of the game on Switch, though. I was planning on buying it on PC, but got it cheaper on Switch. That was the right move in the end, now that we know Denuvo is in this release...

-Gozer-

I haven't bought a game since Bleed 2 was released. I was really looking forward to this.

Too bad I don't own any other platforms to buy this on.

My post from the OT:

I preordered this a few days before the the delay on pc. I certainly wasn't to happy about that but if it was delayed to fix some issues then fine. I thought the people who believed that the delay was due to Sega adding Denuvo to the game a bit paranoid but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Turns out that's exactly what the delay was for.

I'm not even going to bother downloading this. I'm getting an immediate refund.

The PC delay alone got me to buy the switch version. The denovo implementation might not have deterred me had they came out the same day.

HKA6A7

Fucking god damn it, I knew this is why they delayed it.

Denuvo fucks with Mods right?
I really wanted to play with mods people would have made on this version, shit sucks yo

Yep, that's the reason Bethesda games like FO4 and Skyrim Special Edition doesn't have Denuvo.
Same with XCOM2.

A shame, considering the background of some developers that work on the game.

Kouriozan

Wot, this is really surprising and kinda unnecessary. Nowadays Denovo gets cracked pretty quickly and the game already released 2 weeks ago everywhere else.

A separate button for activating Super Sonic rather than pressing jump again while in the air, such that you aren’t basically forced to transform into Super Sonic once you have it unlocked.

See, that would have been worth a two week delay to me if it didn't come with a downside (in this case, Denuvo for PC, not that I was ever going to play it on PC in the first place)

Top Bottom