• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania launches August 15th according to Steam page

http://store.steampowered.com/app/584400/Sonic_Mania/

Trailer says August 15th, even if page says Summer.

Edit: Screencap, courtesy of Nibel:

DAwwNa1WsAIG8Nw

Wow, that's way later than I thought. I thought they'd put it out on June 23 for the anniversary.

Still though, the game looks brilliant, so the fact that they're taking their time rather than rushing it out is a good sign.

This was from the other thread:

DAwvENfXcAIDpAH.jpg

European steam trailer says August 15. NA still says "summer". Someone at Sega Europe goofed by putting it up before they were supposed to, probably.

Pizza

Shit I'm so excited for this game. Another two months means I'll be able to play through the rest of them again!

Brofield

I keep forgetting I have that statue on pre-order from EB Games. I'm probably more excited for that than anything else, so I can patiently wait for the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped though that we have a release date

Neoxon

I get it, take however long you guys need to get it right, but August seems so far away.

That said, I really hope that we end up getting a physical release for the game for Switch, PS4, & XB1.

Ogodei

That would actually be perfect timing. I wanted to buy Fire Emblem Echoes for my birthday at the end of August. Only problem is this might cut my Splatoon 2 time short...

RK128

A bit further then I wanted (hoped for a late June/mid July release) but I don't mind. Give the team as much time as needed to make the perfect Classic Sonic experience :).

Heck, this could help get more zones into the game (considering we are still quite a ways away from that August 15th date).

Its a 2D sidescroller and its been in development in Switch since last year, it should have no problem making it on Switch same day as everything else. In fact the Switch version needing to be day-and-date may be the reason for the delay to begin with. Nintendo does have that policy for third party titles, otherwise they are not obgligated to give the game any promotion.

opricnik

Banned
Its a 2D sidescroller and its been in development in Switch since last year, it should have no problem making it on Switch same day as everything else. In fact the Switch version needing to be day-and-date may be the reason for the delay to begin with. Nintendo does have that policy for third party titles, otherwise they are not obgligated to give the game any promotion.

tales from my ass

where is the source of this

MrBadger

Still a couple of months off, but I'm happy it appears to have a release date. It's still a shame that they're not giving it a physical release, though. It seems like besides mobile F2P stuff, it's only the "classic sonic" stuff that gets the digital only treatment.

Citation needed

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess Sega wants to drain everyone's wallets in August between this and Yakuza Kiwami. How will I find time to play both??

Top Bottom