• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing announced! (Ryo revealed! Yay three Shenmue fans!)

butsomuch

Race Into Pole Position With Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Get ready for the ultimate racing showdown with Sonic and his SEGA friends!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 28th, 2009) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, a fast and furious battle to the finish line in this supercharged racer. Developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the home video game system, Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will speed into stores in early 2010.

In a frantic battle to the chequered flag, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends speed around tracks set in mediaeval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, all taken from the visually rich and varied universes of Sonic and SEGA. Fan favourites such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, Amigo and many more will join Sonic in their custom built vehicles, revving their engines and jostling to stay ahead of the pack. Each character will race around the track in cars, planes, motorbikes, and in AiAi’s case – a banana mobile! Secret short cuts, swift handling and avoiding strategically placed obstacles are certainly the best way to get to the top of the podium.

“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type” commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can’t take anything for granted!”

And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.

Can Amigo scramble Dr. Eggman? Will AiAi say bye-bye to Tails? Are you gonna be faster than Sonic? The race will start in 2010… For more information please visit: www.sega.com/sonicracing.
http://www.sega.com/news/?n=3262
http://www.sega.co.uk/games/sonicracing
http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2009/05/28/sonicsegaracing/

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race!
Massive GAF hate confirmed!

vazel

Banned
ugh.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
www.sega.com/sonicracing

I wish, haha. Loved that game.

But they're inside cars on this one. :(

RedBoot

Oh well, it is what it is.

I hope the cast is better than the Sega Tennis game. If I could play as the Space Harrier guy it would be pretty cool.

Scrubking said:
Yup, and the best part is that we all know the Wii version of this game is going to get the shaft as usual.

After the monster success of Mario Kart Wii and Mario/Sonic at the Olympics. It's just plain stupidity.

donny2112

Scrubking said:
Yup, and the best part is that we all know the Wii version of this game is going to get the shaft as usual.

I can't access the screens currently, but this sounds like a Mario Kart clone. In that case, wouldn't the likely reason for the game be the Wii version, thus making the PS3/360 versions a "Why not?" addition?

Jetku

Why is this NOT Wii/DS exclusive?!

I can't see this selling anything on PS360...

not that I would want it to sell, but still..

acm2000

Jetku said:
Why is this NOT Wii/DS exclusive?!

I can't see this selling anything on PS360...

not that I would want it to sell, but still..

sega superstars tennis? MS even paid them to use it as a pack in, why WOULDNT they release this on ps360

Gagaman

Mario Kart + Outrun 2?

Shameless, but I'm for it judging by the screenshots. The sega fanboy in me can not resist just like he couldn't with Sega Superstars Tennis! This is most likely their 'not a big surprise' game as well...Mario Kart clones sell and Superstars Tennis did all right too (it recently crept back into the British all format charts).

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Why the hell does Sonic even need to be in a car? Does he really need to get anywhere that much faster?

EDIT: Beaten like my avatar.

Fail but I will still give it a try. They should have just called it sega all star racing without the Sonic in the title...oh wait Sonic is probably there for you americans :D

AlternativeUlster said:
Why the hell does Sonic even need to be in a car? Does he really need to get anywhere that much faster?
Sonic on foot is cheating against everyone else.

acm2000

AlternativeUlster said:

EDIT: Beaten like my avatar.

even da hedgehog gotta pimp dose bitches wid his ride

Top Bottom