• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing announced! (Ryo revealed! Yay three Shenmue fans!)

S0L

SUMO DIGITAL
isoku said:
Can we safely assume that the PC version with have local splitscreen?

From the steam page, "Battle it out in single player, challenge your friends in 4 player split-screen or compete in 8 player online action for the ultimate track racing showdown!"

I'm just asking because PC ports usually get ignored in terms of local play.

The PC does indeed support 4 player splitscreen.

What is a problem though is it doesn't support online play, so I get to go ask SEGA to get in touch with Steam to put that page right...

---
S0L
---

S0L said:

What is a problem though is it doesn't support online play, so I get to go ask SEGA to get in touch with Steam to put that page right...

---
S0L
---
No online for the pc version? :lol

*edit* sorry but I find it bizarre that the game has local split screen (rare for a pc game!) yet snuffs the online part, if that is what you meant. oh man.

Yikes, so the only version (apart from DS) with 60fps doesn't have online?

I had no intention of getting it on PC anyway (and the framerate doesn't bother me too much), but that's still pretty damn harsh.

ArjanN

S0L said:

---
S0L
---

Wat.

Clarification please.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Oh dear. Brain stew will *not* be pleased.

I already knew......

The budget price lessens the blow somewhat but of course it still sucks. I'll be using the PC version for local and splitscreen play (probably the majority of my game time) and the 360 version for online play. Not ideal, but what are you gonna do. If I'm honest splitscreen is a bigger deal to me than online.

OMG Aero

S0L said:

---
S0L
---
I love that this is the first time it is mentioned anywhere.

WoodWERD

Sorry if this has been answered, but is the battle mode only in local splitscreen or can you play that on live too?

And that latest vid is nice!

Wizpig

Chairhome said:
You did see that B&K are in the 360 version, right?
And I do know that Banjo is awesome and I love the character, I was extremely happy with the news.

But MORE Rare characters? sorry, but lolol is the only thing I can think of.
This is a game born for SEGA fanservice and it already fails enough (only 4-5 IP for all the tracks in the game instead of using Shenmue, Phantasy Star, etc.)

Should we put some Kratos/Sackboy in, too, while we are at it?
Come on :)

RobbieNick

European demo is up. U.S. one to be up later today.

EDIT: Playing now!! New Billy Hatcher Track and play as Eggman!!

Slightly smoother framerate!!

The framerate tends to jump a bit. It's definitely higher than the 360 version, but if you're in first , or you're the only racer the camera sees, it can jump to almost 60 fps.

I'm doing a 360/PS3 comparison video. I'll upload it to youtube soon.

EDIT: This is gonna take longer than I thought. Will upload late tonight instead.

Captain N

I just installed the game to my HD. 3.8 GB

RobbieNick said:
European demo is up. U.S. one to be up later today.

EDIT: Playing now!! New Billy Hatcher Track and play as Eggman!!

Slightly smoother framerate!!

The framerate tends to jump a bit. It's definitely higher than the 360 version, but if you're in first , or you're the only racer the camera sees, it can jump to almost 60 fps.

I'm doing a 360/PS3 comparison video. I'll upload it to youtube soon.

EDIT: This is gonna take longer than I thought. Will upload late tonight instead.

what do you use to capture your video?

Top Bottom