• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog getting a 3D classics remake for 3DS

rjc571

Banned
If Sega is planning on releasing this in the US, is there any particular reason why they didn't release it today? I mean it already includes both the US and Japanese versions of the game. Maybe not enough people bought copies of the niche 5 year old PSP games that Sega ported over to convince them that the 3DS is a viable market in the west.

"Why do you guys like games? You're on GAF for chrissakes"

He even put "3D" in quotes, as if to suggest that they aren't actually 3D. LMAO! I really needed that laugh.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
If Sega is planning on releasing this in the US, is there any particular reason why they didn't release it today? I mean it already includes both the US and Japanese versions of the game. Maybe not enough people bought copies of the niche 5 year old PSP games that Sega ported over to convince them that the 3DS is a viable market in the west.

Probably because they have to go through Nintendo to get a release date slot (as with all of the eShops) and they are notoriously slow.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So why do you guys buy these "3D" remakes anyway? Is it because of the newly added 3D feature? Or is it something else?
I'd buy it if it gets released on the American eShop because I love the game, I'd love to play it on my 3DS and I'd love to see the 3D effect in action. Why did you want to know that?

rjc571

Banned
So Nintendo just announced an unprecedented worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic franchise... and yet nothing on the 3D remake coming out overseas. Instead they're giving us rom dumps of the mediocre Master System Sonic games running at 160x144 on the Game Gear. Is it safe to say yet that they don't plan on bringing this out? Nintendo getting off on being withholding?

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
So Nintendo just announced an unprecedented worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic franchise... and yet nothing on the 3D remake coming out overseas. Instead they're giving us rom dumps of the mediocre Master System Sonic games running at 160x144 on the Game Gear. Is it safe to say yet that they don't plan on bringing this out? Nintendo getting off on being withholding?

No, the folks in charge of the NoA (and NoE presumably) eShop are slow and inefficient. It'll happen eventually.

hongcha

I just bought this and man, it's something special. More games should get this treatment. The classic video filter is cool, but there's no 3D effect when you have it on. The regular game without 3D is beautiful, with nice scanlines, and the 3D effect is wonderful when you turn it on. Couldn't be happier with this.

Top Bottom