• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog social media posts 25th anniversary clip - hidden numbers inside

Eblo

sonic_hedgehog said:
8I9Y1Xn.jpg

G5fV5Q3.png

nlthroO.jpg

Whatever these symbols mean, they seem pretty in-your-face while also being semi-hidden. They appear to be the numbers 3, 21, and 00. Or perhaps those zeros are merely circles with dots in the center? Star rings, maybe? I'm not sure. In addition, Mike Pollock tweeted:

itsamike said:

Which is silver, by the way.

Tumblr post, with higher res video

lock if it's no use or old

Edit: The Sonic account also posted this picture, containing some of the same numbers
3 / 21 were numbers that appeared in the Game Grumps photo as well.

tumblr_o0neh9PN1S1u5cb23o1_1280.png

Edit 2: Double rings and the number 7 found in another tweet:
hold up hold up hold up:
there's a tweet with this:
2yX04ln.jpg

Could be wrong, but the seven and the double rings appear to be added from the original source.

Edit 3:
Sega blog posted about Hedgehog Day with some relevant info:
I know at least half of you reading this are thinking: “Hey! Are you announcing anything big today, like Sonic Labyrinth 2 or Tails Sky Patrol IV? What’s the scoop?”, but you’ll need to be patient for a while longer. Good things take time, and we’re sticking to that. That said, you’ve probably noticed a few numbers floating around here and there. Who knows that they might mean? (By the way, in case you missed it – those weren’t eyes, they were zeros.)

The o o looks like the eyes of Big The Cat!
So (and this is a bloody long shot) possibly an sonic type game Big The Cat Adventures, or some such, coming on the 21st of March?
Also I wonder what picture all of the floating polygons make up? Sonics colors are in there....Hmmmm

Hatchtag

Banned
I would love for the 3 to mean Sonic Adventure 3.
But I think it means 3/21 at midnight. This is relatively close to when Sonic Generations was revealed (April 7th). That's a good week to reveal an anniversary game, because there's bigger releases earlier in March and later in April that will steal the gaming communities attention, but March 21st falls in a relatively less packed week.

Even if I'm wrong, I think Late March/Early April is when it'll be revealed.

I would love for the 3 to mean Sonic Adventure 3.
But I think it means 3/21 at midnight. This is relatively close to when Sonic Generations was revealed (April 7th). That's a good week to reveal an anniversary game, because there's bigger releases earlier in March and later in April that will steal the gaming communities attention, but March 21st falls in a relatively less packed week.
That sounds pretty plausable. And hopefully another anniversary demo like with Generations as well.

As for the silver, the 25 on the logo is silver, but that's all I got.

RK128

More support that we are getting this properly announced on 3/21/16 then? Good to hear :).

Have a feeling its a Generations 2 or something even more ambitious.

For those that want Shadow the Hedgehog HD, Shadow 2, Sonic 06 Remastered or Sonic 06 2......you want to watch the world burn, don't you XD?

I'm sick of this classic shit. I have the classics if I want to play them again. Any recreation will never live up to the old games. Enough.

Sonic Adventure 3, playable Sonic, Tails, Knuckles on an epic journey with wide open 3D stages and momentum physics. There. Done. Why is that so hard??

RK128

I'm sick of this classic shit. I have the classics if I want to play them again.

Sonic Adventure 3, playable Sonic, Tails, Knuckles on an epic journey with wide open 3D stages and momentum physics. There. Done. Why is that so hard??

Because they would have to pad it out with gimmick characters ;). You really want to play as slow mechs, go fishing with a cat, slowly move around with a pink hammer, throw objects around using a slow walking hedgehog, and go treasure hunting with broken Emerald Radars?

I'm sorry, but I DON'T want a SA3 due to all the baggage that comes with the name :l.

I would love it if a SA3 played out like you have listed.....but it wont if they are trying to copy the set ups from SA1 and 2 :(.

I'm sick of this classic shit. I have the classics if I want to play them again. Any recreation will never live up to the old games. Enough.

The Adventure games aren't quite as beloved as you seem to think they are.

hold up hold up hold up:
there's a tweet with this:

Could be wrong, but the seven and the double rings appear to be added from the original source.

That was Sonic on the Amstrad Mega PC!
hmmmm...
But then again most of them are on Steam!
Sonic Colors would be nice!

RK128

The Adventure games aren't quite as beloved as you seem to think they are.

Yep. While SA1 is the better game to me due to having the option to ignore all the gimmicks and play Sonic's story, both games have big flaws that hold them back from being great games.

If they just used the Sonic/Speed level set ups and make an entire game out of it, we would of gotten a great game. Otherwise, we get some great parts sprinkled throughout a good/okay game with many issues.

Yep. While SA1 is the better game to me due to having the option to ignore all the gimmicks and play Sonic's story, both games have big flaws that hold them back from being great games.

You can ignore all the gimmicks if you want to never actually finish the game...

RowdyReverb

I can't find anything significant about 3/21/00, so that's probably a dead end.
So we have 3, 21, 00 and 4, 1, 16
Hmm

Switching between 3D and 2D Sonic is reminiscent of Sonic Generations

Because they would have to pad it out with gimmick characters ;). You really want to play as slow mechs, go fishing with a cat, slowly move around with a pink hammer, throw objects around using a slow walking hedgehog, and go treasure hunting with broken Emerald Radars?

I'm sorry, but I DON'T want a SA3 due to all the baggage that comes with the name :l.

Notice how I only included the original trio in my post. That's as many playable characters that this franchise needs.

In addition, it wasn't until Adventure 2 that the extra playable characters became a chore. In SA1, playing as Sonic/Knuckles/Tails was fun, swift and an excellent mix-up to the gameplay. Scaling new heights and discovering new shortcuts as Tails was fun. Climbing and exploring as Knuckles was well paced. Even the E-102 stages were quick fun shooting galleries. Amy arguably is the slowest paced platformed character, but it was still a nice challenge to master her momentum jump and hammer attacks, albeit not as fun. We won't speak about big.

SA2's accomplishments:
-Let's make Knuckles stages hour long nightmares with the emeralds hidden in unspeakable crevices! Yeah!
-Clumsy robo-walkers shoved into endlessly cramped hallways with fixed camera angles. Woo!
-Barely any Sonic-style stages force fed to you in a fixed order for the sake of variety. RAD.
-Let's throw out simple character-driven stories in favor of ow-the-edge plot shenanigans like throwing Sonic in jail! Talking to the President of the USA! The Moon being blown in half! Dead teenage girl! Her grandfather getting executed by shooting! I can't hold all this edge!

Yeah, no. SA1 had a flawed but working formula with the potential to improve. It wasn't until SA2 that they shit the bed. I want ST to pick up where SA1 left off with competent programers to avoid an 06, and the restraint to avoid another SA2.

Chase17

Notice how I only included the original trio in my post. That's as many playable characters that this franchise needs.

In addition, it wasn't until Adventure 2 that the extra playable characters became a chore. In SA1, playing as Sonic/Knuckles/Tails was fun, swift and an excellent mix-up to the gameplay. Scaling new heights and discovering new shortcuts as Tails was fun. Climbing and exploring as Knuckles was well paced. Even the E-102 stages were quick fun shooting galleries. Amy arguably is the slowest paced platformed character, but it was still a nice challenge to master her momentum jump and hammer attacks, albeit not as fun. We won't speak about big.

SA2's accomplishments:
-Let's make Knuckles stages hour long nightmares with the emeralds hidden in unspeakable crevices! Yeah!
-Clumsy robo-walkers shoved into endlessly cramped hallways with fixed camera angles. Woo!
-Barely any Sonic-style stages force fed to you in a fixed order for the sake of variety. RAD.
-Let's throw out simple character-driven stories in favor of ow-the-edge plot shenanigans like throwing Sonic in jail! Talking to the President of the USA! The Moon being blown in half! Dead teenage girl! Her grandfather getting executed by shooting! I can't hold all this edge!

Yeah, no. SA1 had a perfectly working formula with the potential to improve. It wasn't until SA2 that they shit the bed. I want ST to pick up where SA1 left off with competent programers to avoid an 06, and the restraint to avoid another SA2.
Let's not forget the terrible radar change they made on Knuckle's stages in SA2.

I still have SA2 over SA1.

Top Bottom