• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony adds PayPal as a payment method for PSN

Finally! You can now use PayPal to add funds to your wallet.

RZM3J.jpg

Sadly, this can only be done from their website

http://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I can't confirm this. US account here.

Edit:
US - doesn't work
UK - does work
GER - doesn't work

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Nice! I don't care at this point that this is only via the website as long as it works. If only we can amounts between the allocated $10, $20 and $50 values.

GeekyDad

Sucks that it can't be done directly from your system (which I don't understand), but the timing couldn't be better. I was dying to replay RE4 (HD), and I keep my "play" money in my Paypal account. Very cool. Time to start buyin' some DLGs.

Shahed

Just checked for me and it's there. UK here. Let's you add the following:

£5, £10, £15, £20, £30, £50 and the ability to max your wallet at £120

I can see it on my UK account, not the US one. At least any Vita users who have a spare UK account can rejoice. RETRO CITY RAMPAGE HERE I COME.

V_Ben

Banned
Wonderful news, and a big step forward for people who don't want to give SCE their credit card info post PSN hack. Good call.

KurowaSan

Any non-UK EU members have this option?

It shows in my spanish account, so yeah, at least here. Hope US accounts get it too, I'd love to be able to easily add funds again to my US account since european credit/debit cards stopped working.

MoogPaul

Nice! I don't care at this point that this is only via the website as long as it works. If only we can amounts between the allocated $10, $20 and $50 values.

Add stuff to cart. Add funds from checkout screen. Add exact amount. You could always do this. Dont have to use their increments.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It shows in my spanish account, so yeah, at least here. Hope US accounts get it too, I'd love to be able to easily add funds again to my US account since european credit/debit cards stopped working.
If you have a credit card you can buy them on Amazon.com [Online Code]

KurowaSan

If you have a credit card you can buy them on Amazon.com [Online Code]

don't you have to change your billing address to an US one to buy them, though? Guess I could create a second account. I remember reading you could do the same on bestbuy.com

Shahed

It'd be really useful for US accounts. I won't have to bother with getting US PSN cards anymore.

On the other hand I doubt I'll use it much for my UK account. Whenever I trade a game in, It's always for PSN Vouchers or MS Points so i always tend to have more funds in my account than I need at the time

Megasoum

Banned
About fucking time ugh.... For some reason PSN never accepted my Mastercard... I've been trying since 2006... I was always force to go buy 20$ PSN cards. Of course they charge taxe so I'm always screwed when I go to buy a 20$ game.

Top Bottom