• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: An update on the all-new PlayStation Plus regional release date

Three

Gold Member
I dont think the PS Store allows renewals at the moment (I can't put PS plus sub into a cart, see if you can).
Do you have PS+ already? You can't stack but as far as I know you can still renew or get it if you don't have a membership.

Can somebody just confirm that I'm right in my question below?

I currently do not have PS+.
I have a PS Now sub until October.

If I buy 12 months of PS+ and add it to my account, I'll get the new PS+ Premium until May 2023?
That's what it seems like, yes. At least from the official blog post but who knows what will happen at rollout.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Do you have PS+ already? You can't stack but as far as I know you can still renew or get it if you don't have a membership.
I currently have an active PS+ and PS Now subscriptions. If the poster can sub to PS+ until May 2023, I'd recommend to risk it. The worst is a partial extention of the new PS subs.

kyliethicc

Can somebody just confirm that I'm right in my question below?

I currently do not have PS+.
I have a PS Now sub until October.
You get PS Plus Premium til October. Because of your Now sub.

If I buy 12 months of PS+ and add it to my account, I'll get the new PS+ Premium until May 2023?
No need to buy PS Plus. You’d be spending like $60 for an extra 7 months of Premium.

I’d just wait til October when your PS+ Premium (since you have PS Now) sub expires and go from there.

Last edited:

T-Cake

No need to buy PS Plus. You’d be spending like $60 for an extra 7 months of Premium.

I’d just wait til October when your PS+ Premium (since you have PS Now) sub expires and go from there.

Yeah, and they may well do a Black Friday deal with 50% off. I reckon I'd only need PS+ Extra as I'm not really that interested in PS1-3 games as I've pretty much had my fill of those.

T-Cake

It’s already May the 23rd here and I’m still waiting for the new revamp to happen. Been checking every few hours but nothing has changed yet

May 24th in Asia. So another 6+ hours at least to go yet. I don't think it will suddenly switch over at midnight but who knows.

Last edited:
Europeans right now:

Step Brothers Crying GIF by MOODMAN
Nintendo and SONY always have sh8t on Pal land.

Corndog

Banned
I will only sub if its $10 and includes all the first party PS5 games released so far. Been wanting to replay Demon Souls again. I bought Returnal again but Demon Souls doesnt go on sale. GT7 would be 3 months old by then. I expect that game to be available too.

They dont have to do day one launches but games need to be treated like movies were back in the day. 3 months after theatrical release, they become available on DVD.
Not too bad of an idea. Add in pc as well.

Editaur

I hope this time they put more effort into buying classic games than before, but only time will tell.

When I talk to average folks looking for gaming recommendations they barely know anything about the online store. Just that it's to "go online"

yurinka

yeah I will report back here once it does. It will be interesting for sure
Did you buy digital PS1 or PSP games on PSP, Vita or PS3? Even without having Plus you're supposed to be able to download and play on PS4 an PS5 for free the ones you bought there, but I assume that for now it will only apply to the PS1 and PSP games available in the PSN store, that I assume will only be the announced ones for the sub.

anyone here about this??

The PS4 and PS5 emulator is supposed to have higher resolution, different aspect ratio and stretch options and higher framerates than the original games, so I assume PAL games won't feature black bars, slower speed or lower framerates as in the original PS1.

Last edited:
Did you buy digital PS1 or PSP games on PSP, Vita or PS3? Even without having Plus you're supposed to be able to download and play on PS4 an PS5 for free the ones you bought there, but I assume that for now it will only apply to the PS1 and PSP games available in the PSN store, that I assume will only be the announced ones for the sub.
No I already played those games before, so I am not entitled to that feature since I didn't purchase digital copies of it

Last edited:

Elginer

Having to pay the upgrade fee for the whole remaining time is kinda bullshit.
Got 4 years worth of essensial(asia SG) for 120$.
Now they are asking 290$ to upgrade..
What the shit? I don’t have an option in how much time? I have plus paid off till 2026,

Top Bottom