• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Announces Platinum Hits Quattro Pack (GT5, GoW3, KZ3, U2): Greatest Box Art Ever

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
z7a2e5ipi6.png

Source: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B006H3PQJO/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yo dawg....

SCEE have gotten a lot better with many things but god damn it if they dont know how to ruin a box art with there yellow platinum boxes and ugly purple, grey or blue Bubbles on covers.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
That's a true work of art there. I love the statement it makes about the current state of art in the industry. Very avant garde.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Who designs this stuff?

Someone with a clear list of marketing goals:

1.) The product must look cheap to attract the attention of budget buyers.
2.) The box art must convey that there are four games in the box.
3.) The box art must convey what those four games are.
4.) The box art must convey that these games are for the PlayStation 3, only for the PlayStation 3, and have been "certified good" by the "Platinum" moniker.

Kurod

Banned
If I ever felt the desire to purchase one of those packs I'd flip that sheet around asap. Even if the boxart isn't reversible I'd just pen in the names.

They should sell this for $30 or $40 max. Start leveraging their old software and sell it for dirt cheap. Just get the games out there into ppls hands and playing them and they'll come around for more. It blows my mind that Sony with this first party lineup doesn't do this at all.

Nizz

Wow, that's bad. So I guess Killzone 3 will be going Greatest Hits here soon in the US? I've come around to the red GH boxes. I got the Uncharted 1 & 2 GH dual pack as a gift and I thought the red cases would be an eye sore but they're not bad.

Especially compared to the horror in the OP...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I see nothing wrong, looks like a pirate "ALL PRINCE OF PERSIA GAMES ON 1 DISK" dvd to me.

Should have been Killzone thing in a tank top dropping his hankercheif to signal the start of a drag race between Kratos and Drake.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They should sell this for $30 or $40 max. Start leveraging their old software and sell it for dirt cheap. Just get the games out there into ppls hands and playing them and they'll come around for more. It blows my mind that Sony with this first party lineup doesn't do this at all.

They do a lot.

Primarily by bundling everything constantly, or lowering to $20 and letting stores cut the price to half during sales, presumably taking the losses on their end.

Replicant

We know you love platinum games so we've put platinums in our platinums so you can see how awful our photoshop skill is!!

They do a lot.

Primarily by bundling everything constantly, or lowering to $20 and letting stores cut the price to half during sales, presumably taking the losses on their end.

I know they bundle a lot but it just seems like they're lazy about it. Even if it were digital only so they don't have to incur any costs to print the game and ship it. Hell, retailers won't even be mad b/c hardly any of them are selling them new anymore.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Someone with a clear list of marketing goals:

1.) The product must look cheap to attract the attention of budget buyers.
2.) The box art must convey that there are four games in the box.
3.) The box art must convey what those four games are.
4.) The box art must convey that these games are for the PlayStation 3, only for the PlayStation 3, and have been "certified good" by the "Platinum" moniker.
RJRTd.png

Wow, that's bad. So I guess Killzone 3 will be going Greatest Hits here soon in the US? I've come around to the red GH boxes. I got the Uncharted 1 & 2 GH dual pack as a gift and I thought the red cases would be an eye sore but they're not bad.

Especially compared to the horror in the OP...

Probably. It's been $19.99 on Amazon.com for a while. You should go ahead and pick up a copy before they change the box art.

Top Bottom