• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces TGS line-up, no TRICO?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, that's either Ico running on a PC emulator, PS3 HD remake, or one of the high res promo shots they rendered out of the PS2 engine. That much is very clear from the clean filtered floor texture.

I also though the game is called Toriko in Japan, which is the gryphon's name? Why still refer to it as Trico?

StuBurns

Banned
RustyNails said:
Any good leads on the unannounced PS3 game? C'mon GAF. Show me your detective skills.
There is a Syphon Filter in development, and Starhawk if there rumors are to be believed. The Wipeout people apparently have something, and SCE Cambridge. Could be anything.

But, my guess is Metronome.

Lord Error said:
Ico used scope with black bars on top and bottom (on a 4:3 screen though) for cutscenes, and that image is from a cutscene.
An impeccable memory you have, yeah, you're right.

Hmmm unannounced PS3 game?

EASY MODE:
Team Ico Collection

NORMAL MODE:
Demon's Souls 2

HARD MODE:
Dark Cloud 3

GOD MODE:
Legend of Dragoon 2

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://translate.google.com/transla....impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100902_391080.html

ki17.jpg

duckroll

RustyNails said:
Any good leads on the unannounced PS3 game? C'mon GAF. Show me your detective skills.

Like I said, it's very likely a third party game. If Valkyria 3 is playable, then that will be it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What were the two unannounced PS3 titles last year?

That said, I'm not keeping my expectations high.

ULTROS! said:
Wow, I thought he was 28 or 30 at the most. :lol
Really? He's been working on TRICO alone for about five years. Heck, ICO went into development in 1998. You think Sony would let a 16-18 year old lead their very own project?

StuBurns said:
They're working on NG3 and NG3DS I believe.
Nuh uh, can't be. We just got 2, Sigma 2 and DS. We need another DOA game already. >=(

Apparently Koei-Tecmo's TGS page is up and they said they're announcing a surprise:

spats

Segata Sanshiro said:
Really? He's been working on TRICO alone for about five years. Heck, ICO went into development in 1998. You think Sony would let a 16-18 year old lead their very own project?

The man's got nice skin.[/creepy]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Segata Sanshiro said:

Well, he doesn't look 40 for sure.

Gribbix

Lord Error said:
Well, that's either Ico running on a PC emulator, PS3 HD remake, or one of the high res promo shots they rendered out of the PS2 engine. That much is very clear from the clean filtered floor texture..
Here's the same scene from the PS2 version. You can see more on the sides of the CEDEC image.
icoavxh.jpg

ki23.jpg

Aren't Level 5 announcing a new game soon? Though WKC2 did just come out a couple of months ago, WKC3 could be the unannounced ps3 game. I'd say it's either that or Valkyria Chronicles 3, though I think it's more likely to be a Sony published game given it'll be at Sony's booth.

What I really want is Demon's Souls 2 though. =(

Dark Cloud 3 would be nice too. Preferable to WKC3.

Honestly, as long as I get more info on the Last Guardian I'm good.

StuBurns

Banned
It could be from an emulator, or they could have ported the greatest game of all time to the PS3 and will be announcing it and making me cry very soon.

ULTROS!

StuBurns said:
It could be from an emulator, or they could have ported the greatest game of all time to the PS3 and will be announcing it and making me cry very soon.

Or could have just up-resed that specific scene only for show-and-tell.

mehdi_san

That list in the OP is for playable demos only right? There could be more than just one unannounced games then, it's just that they won't be playable.

DevilWillcry said:
Perhaps, but you guys totally missed the point of my post to begin with :p
Nah, I got the point, it was just funny that the games got worse the more unlikely they got. Might be something to that.

ULTROS!

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yeah, that's called, "being Asian", I think.

Not necessarily, I have friends who are 20 years old Asians and look over 30.

It all comes down to healthy food and exercise. :p

Bebpo

Banned
That does kind of look like ICO HD. It's amazing how good IQ makes the same textures/models look like a whole new game.

I don't think it ever registered with me before what the Japanese name of Ape Escape was.

Hurry! Hurry! Monkey Get You!

That's...wow. :lol

gogogow

Are there any (core or casual) Move games that the Japanese gamers actually care about? Aren't most Move games Western-made?
I have no idea what SCEJ is doing this gen outside of PSN games (next to Trico, GT5). Their output is laughable. I can't see the Move being successful at all in Japan. They will have zero interest in games like Sports Championships and Move Party. Any reason they should buy these and not Wii Sport (resort) and/or Wii Party? I can't believe there is no Minna no Golf MOVE edition at launch. What the hell are Claphanz doing?

StuBurns said:
The announced Ico and the SotC skins in LBP is enough evidence of something imminent.

Grimmy

Banned
The chance of Demon's Souls 2 getting announce is very, very slim IMO. Even if they are working on it, they most likely have just started, which means a release before 2012 is unlikely.

Eccocid

If they make DS2 more casual friendly, sony should better start to beg for mercy from god!
I want friendly fire and 10x more difficult levels in DS2!

LiveFromKyoto said:
I don't think it ever registered with me before what the Japanese name of Ape Escape was.

Hurry! Hurry! Monkey Get You!

That's...wow. :lol

It never occurred to me what the "getchu" part was.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
gogogow said:
Are there any (core or casual) Move games that the Japanese gamers actually care about? Aren't most Move games Western-made?
I have no idea what SCEJ is doing this gen outside of PSN games (next to Trico, GT5). Their output is laughable. I can't see the Move being successful at all in Japan. They will have zero interest in games like Sports Championships and Move Party. Any reason they should buy these and not Wii Sport (resort) and/or Wii Party? I can't believe there is no Minna no Golf MOVE edition at launch. What the hell are Claphanz doing?

A new hot shots golf or tennis or both would have been perfect for this year...

There's 6 or 7 Japanese Move games coming this year. I'm not sure how many of those, or how many of the western games, have potential for big interest.

Getting it into Ni no Kuni could be a good idea for Sony. Though evidently it won't be showing any Move support at TGS anyway...

Move, I think, is about being part of the offering for PS3, not the extent of it. It's about addressing loss aversion - if you get a PS3, you now won't miss out the type of experience you previously DID entirely miss out on if you chose a PS3 over a Wii. It's about reducing purchase risk, which is exactly what selling stuff is all about. To help people who might be inclined toward a PS3 but who would worry about missing out if they don't have a Wii. So the answer to who would get those games over Wii Sports or Wii Party is...those people who overall want a PS3. That sounds simplistic, but that's what I think the strategy is, filling in a gap in the range of experiences available on the platform to help cement purchasing decisions in favour of that platform. If you're asking if these games would help an induce an existing Wii owner into buying a PS3, by themselves, no, they wouldn't. But there's other stuff helping to do that. Move won't hurt with that segment though, if Move can help generate any more software sales on PS3 among dual Wii/PS3 owners in Japan, that's a net gain for Sony.

Top Bottom