• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Black Friday sales breakdown

B.O.O.M

Sony sold over 525,000 PlayStation 3s and 160,000 PS Vitas in North America during the week of Black Friday (Nov. 18-24), it has announced.

PlayStation 3 Black Friday bundle sales increased 15 percent, and total PS3 sales including hardware, software, and peripherals grew 9 percent compared to last year.

“We’re very pleased with the Black Friday sales results, especially the incredible reception for the PS3 and PS Vita bundles. The demand was very strong which quickly depleted our inventory across retailers nationwide,” said Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America. “The PlayStation brand generated significant revenue and year-over-year growth at retail because of our focus on what gamers love most in combining amazing hardware with great games and digital entertainment.”

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/sony-black-friday-sales-break-685000

Some additional information as pointed out by Seda

"Sony also announced that sales of PlayStation Plus subscriptions on PlayStation®Network increased 259% compared to last year’s Black Friday period. In addition, since the Instant Game Collection was introduced earlier this year, customer satisfaction rates for PS Plus are above 95%."

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/sony-...week-160000-ps-vita-units/19112/#.ULe2kod9LFJ

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hopefully the weak Vita numbers mean I'll be able to find one in the cheap in two weeks.

McHuj

I'd didn't think Vita would break 100k. This will be it's highest selling month month until next November.

Toki767

Selling half as much as the 3DS has to be considered a victory for them considering how it was before Black Friday.

Good numbers for both (well, vita numbers are good, not fantastic, but a big step up from where they were before), looks like I was close when I predicted 500k+ for PS3 in NA during the shopping weekend.

They really should drop Vita to $200 bundles sometime soon. Much sweeter price point.

JaseMath

Black Friday 2012

360: 750,000
PS3: 525,000
WiiU: 400,000
Wii: 300,000

DS: 275,000
3DS: 250,000
Vita: 160,000

PS3 # does not surprise me, but the Vita # does....I am surprised it sold over 100k to be honest......people must of fell for the Block Ops for Vita "being like the console experience"....sucks for them.

zroid

Banned
Considering some of those deals, it's a disappointing Vita number, but at least they've got 160k more Vitas out in the wild. That's not entirely a bad thing, and could have been much worse.

marrec

Banned
Ok numbers for both PS3 and vita. I think that's the closest the vita will ever get to the 3DS (160k to 250k)

Yep, that's a victory for Sony, but they also have to be seriously considering giving a permanent price drop at this point. They CAN compete with the 3DS if the system is competitively priced, that's obvious.

evolution

Despite selling much less than MS, I guess they must be kinda pleased that there was an increase yoy. Didn't expect that many vitas either tbh.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
PS3 # does not surprise me, but the Vita # does....I am surprised it sold over 100k to be honest......people must of fell for the Block Ops for Vita "being like the console experience"....sucks for them.

i think people "fell for" the ridiculously great value bundle amazon offered. I sure did. Thing is awesome.

Top Bottom