• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Blacklists Colin Moriarty

hunthunt

Banned
I though he was a fanboy back in the day? admittedly havent read or see anything by him in years and im a complete ingnorant in all this crazy drama stuff of these days.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
As someone who is far from being a fan of the person in question (focus on politics alienates me really, really fast) I like how this thread has devolved into fighting over whether he holds certain political ideas or not.

It's almost like someone around here believes that it's entirely justified to blacklist someone from gaming coverage due to his political ideas. That's pretty screwed up. 🤔

Last edited:
His post was "A day without women... Ahhh peace and quiet". That's all it took for SJWs to lose their shit.
I laugh every time I see it!

Anybody thinking he is being bullied by the society needs to take some time to think about his actions before try to defense him from his own mistakes.
Can you provide some examples, I'm all for people having consequences for their actions, but so far these attempts at smears are either lies or ill-informed.

Latest example of people getting away with actual bad behavior, Antifa stopping an old lady from crossing the street, she was lucky they did not carry bike locks and milk shakes:

It is the same joke a guy at break off did here in Brasil and he was fired.
That joke isn't funny at all, and work places have different standards because of how you have to treat your fellow workers. He made a joke that some people decided to take literally (which is not only bad form, it's clearly a lack of humor, I wouldn't be friend with someone like you).

I suppose you can prove this right? Also, ignorant morons on the far left loves to compare anyone right of Stalin to Hitler. The only thing that does is show how uneducated and unintelligent the people making those comparisons are
:messenger_ok: <-- apparently this is as bad as the

And not most American Asians didn't live better than Whites... it is the minority... so he is wrong.
Not sure what you are talking about:
Income-by-race.jpg

As a group, they generally put in the work, they often reap the rewards, these datas can be confirmed by multiple sources.

Also if you take white skinned populations from different origins you end up with pretty big variations, I can't find the source now, but basically white populations from French origin may as well have their face painted black (yup, do the black face) because they are much poorer than the average (Russians descendants apparently do particularly well).

You get the idea, it's the same thing among Black populations, some do more - as a group - than the average white people as a group as well. Also on the good news side, black americans have done better and better economically since the 1960s EXCEPT DURING THE OBAMA YEARS.

African-American-Income-1967-to-2016.png

So I'm not sure where you are going with this, sure there are people who are doing really really bad in all groups (I saw an homeless Asian guy on the street just yesterday, I think the patriarchy put him there).

Pointing these statistics isn't racist, if you are trying to make a judgement call about the situation of large group of people you can't just listen two or tree anecdotes, you have to see how they are representative of the whole (maybe help those who needs it most, no matter what. I grew up in a small town, one of the poorest area in my country, plenty of people need help there and there is one black family in the town, well guess what, the mayor is black).

I won't get into the whole current state of racism and white supremacy aspect of it, if you have to chase something like it's the boogeyman, or conspire that it's everywhere yet nobody can see it... well, you are completely off of the list of reasonable people.

So in the end: pointing at inequalities does not negate all the progress we have made as a society in regards to multi-ethnic integration and acceptance of people from different background - if anything, the most racist things I heard about immigrants and immigration came from the mouth of immigrants (like things I would not be allowed to say, I'd get fired for it - on the spot).

That is racism too.
2+2 = 4 this is as bad as the :messenger_ok: now a days (and this may be why I get in trouble with the stats I posted above).

I get it. He said white supremecist rather than white privilege when making this tweet. Are you gonna punish the dude for being retarded? Or did i miss something?

Not sure if you are joking, either way, I got triggered by your use of the R word!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Can you provide some examples, I'm all for people having consequences for their actions, but so far these attempts at smears are either lies or ill-informed.

Latest example of people getting away with actual bad behavior, Antifa stopping an old lady from crossing the street, she was lucky they did not carry bike locks and milk shakes:

That joke isn't funny at all, and work places have different standards because of how you have to treat your fellow workers. He made a joke that some people decided to take literally (which is not only bad form, it's clearly a lack of humor, I wouldn't be friend with someone like you).

Income-by-race.jpg

As a group, they generally put in the work, they often reap the rewards, these datas can be confirmed by multiple sources.

Also if you take white skinned populations from different origins you end up with pretty big variations, I can't find the source now, but basically white populations from French origin may as well have their face painted black (yup, do the black face) because they are much poorer than the average (Russians descendants apparently do particularly well).

You get the idea, it's the same thing among Black populations, some do more - as a group - than the average white people as a group as well. Also on the good news side, black americans have done better and better economically since the 1960s EXCEPT DURING THE OBAMA YEARS.

So I'm not sure where you are going with this, sure there are people who are doing really really bad in all groups (I saw an homeless Asian guy on the street just yesterday, I think the patriarchy put him there).

Pointing these statistics isn't racist, if you are trying to make a judgement call about the situation of large group of people you can't just listen two or tree anecdotes, you have to see how they are representative of the whole (maybe help those who needs it most, no matter what. I grew up in a small town, one of the poorest area in my country, plenty of people need help there and there is one black family in the town, well guess what, the mayor is black).

I won't get into the whole current state of racism and white supremacy aspect of it, if you have to chase something like it's the boogeyman, or conspire that it's everywhere yet nobody can see it... well, you are completely off of the list of reasonable people.

So in the end: pointing at inequalities does not negate all the progress we have made as a society in regards to multi-ethnic integration and acceptance of people from different background - if anything, the most racist things I heard about immigrants and immigration came from the mouth of immigrants (like things I would not be allowed to say, I'd get fired for it - on the spot).

2+2 = 4 this is as bad as the :messenger_ok: now a days (and this may be why I get in trouble with the stats I posted above).

Not sure if you are joking, either way, I got triggered by your use of the R word!

Look at the original tweet and his follow up and tell me how that makes any sense without swapping white supremacist with white privilege. Also people say retarded all the time here do you quote them over it every time?

The issue was not the bad joke about a day without woman in the woman day (it was not the first similar joke from him neither the last).
He is extremist right to the point that what he says and the jokes are extreme preconceptions... he did not was compared with Hitler for nothing.
Even his closed friends tried to talk with him without any results to the points that their new channel was failing... so they reached an agreement for him left the channel.
His political ideias is out of pace even if you look at the barbarian world of centuries ago.

Nobody wants to be related with that that of guy.... so Sony and Pax are right but Pax is wrong to invite first to cancel after... they should never invite to begin.

Colin Moriarty created his own grave with that extremism... now he is just suffering the results of that.
Anybody thinking he is being bullied by the society needs to take some time to think about his actions before try to defense him from his own mistakes.

I'm almost embarrassed for you.

The issue was not the bad joke about a day without woman in the woman day (it was not the first similar joke from him neither the last).
He is extremist right to the point that what he says and the jokes are extreme preconceptions... he did not was compared with Hitler for nothing.
Even his closed friends tried to talk with him without any results to the points that their new channel was failing... so they reached an agreement for him left the channel.
His political ideias is out of pace even if you look at the barbarian world of centuries ago.

Nobody wants to be related with that that of guy.... so Sony and Pax are right but Pax is wrong to invite first to cancel after... they should never invite to begin.

Colin Moriarty created his own grave with that extremism... now he is just suffering the results of that.
q7n7s7m.png

Bryank75

Banned
As someone who is far from being a fan of the person in question (focus on politics alienates me really, really fast) I like how this thread has devolved into fighting over whether he holds certain political ideas or not.

It's almost like someone around here believes that it's entirely justified to blacklist someone from gaming coverage due to his political ideas. That's pretty screwed up. 🤔

Spot on!

For the record, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are also Libertarian.... so if you don't like Colin, I guess you can't like South Park or Team America or the Book of Mormon.

"In the United States, polls (circa 2006) find that the views and voting habits of between 10 and 20 percent (and increasing) of voting age Americans may be classified as "fiscally conservative and socially liberal, or libertarian"

Bryank75

Banned
Libertarianism is very interesting and positive. People should know more about it, if they don't.

Penn Jillette is also a Libertarian.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
Anybody that follow him knows him is far right lol he is even open about that.

You already made up your mind with the tone of your replay.
I just don't like people trying to defense somebody with false claims.
But hey you can do whatever you want.

No. He's more left and liberal than a nazi. I love his podcast. The only one I enjoy today.

DilWSTS

Don't think there has been anything new. People suggest it may have been due to his complaints around Days Gone (rightfully so the game sucked)

Barakov

ioSldQz.png

Bryank75

Banned
Anyone got a recap of CM stuff that pissed off Sony?
I think it is broadly political, they see the larger portion of online fans and workforce are very liberal or far left and want to be seen as 'on-side'
They are just playing the numbers and doing what makes sense given current trends.

JLB

Banned
About the joke.

He posted about how nice could be to have a day without women on the women's day.
He was ridiculous and I'm a straight man... I showed it to my wife and she rolled her eyes... it was low, unnecessary, I don't even consider a joke.

"This employee took my arm, said he wanted slavery to come back, that I would have to have sex with him, repeating all the time that I should do what he wanted, as if it were the most normal thing in the world."

These types or kinds of jokes there is no place anymore.
I feel ashamed when I see mans doing that.

I showed that quote to my wife back then, and she laughed to cry.
Btw, that phrase ‘these kind of jokes...’ jeez. Please no. Stick and stones is the best standup in years.

Last edited:

Thabass

I don’t think the dude is racist. But it is the easiest label to apply to white people in 2019 outrage culture of social media to discredit and “cancel” them.

If you think about it, it’s a racist act within itself, that people look to target specifically white people with it.

Every other ethnicity/race gets a free ride on social media (even jobs at the NYT) for actual racist rhetoric.

Nothing and that's why his him being blacklisted is bullshit.

Shai-Tan

Banned

Income-by-race.jpg

"EXCEPT DURING THE OBAMA YEARS "

it could be argued that after the financial crisis of 2008 which predated his inauguration, the Obama administration should have provided more assistance to homeowners than corporate welfare but that wouldn't be on message. wait, what's this thread about? lol

"EXCEPT DURING THE OBAMA YEARS "

it could be argued that after the financial crisis of 2008 which predated his inauguration, the Obama administration should have provided more assistance to homeowners than corporate welfare but that wouldn't be on message. wait, what's this thread about? lol
Not exactly, the gap has grown (don't ask me what policies he may have instored for this, I don't think he is against black skinned people, but he may not have helped them).

FT_14.12.11_wealthGap2.png

I find this factoid interesting mainly because it shows some inconsistencies between the discourse and the reality. That is a pretty big gap, people need some serious help to get out of this (I mean, the average black/hispanic person in the US is just poor) - to e fair the trend seems to have started before he got into office, but still, his actions did not seem to help.

Before we go full political, I don't care for Trump either, I don't think he did anything particularly great (he does some pretty bad stuff for the environment, but he did not start any war, even when clearly provoked by Iran, or when North Korea pressed his buttons, so there is that at least)... I would not vote if I lived in the US.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Not exactly, the gap has grown (don't ask me what policies he may have instored for this, I don't think he is against black skinned people, but he may not have helped them).

FT_14.12.11_wealthGap2.png

I find this factoid interesting mainly because it shows some inconsistencies between the discourse and the reality. That is a pretty big gap, people need some serious help to get out of this (I mean, the average black/hispanic person in the US is just poor) - to e fair the trend seems to have started before he got into office, but still, his actions did not seem to help.

Before we go full political, I don't care for Trump either, I don't think he did anything particularly great (he does some pretty bad stuff for the environment, but he did not start any war, even when clearly provoked by Iran, or when North Korea pressed his buttons, so there is that at least)... I would not vote if I lived in the US.

"
Enticed by relaxed lending policies and plenty of affordable housing, African Americans purchased homes in record numbers at the peak of the housing bubble. But when the market collapsed — bringing the economy to its knees a decade ago — the foreclosure crisis that followed hit African Americans particularly hard.

About 8 percent of black homeowners lost their homes to foreclosure from 2007 to 2009, according to the Center for Responsible Lending. That’s almost twice the rate for white homeowners.

Richard and Vanessa Bulnes visit the East Oakland neighborhood where they once owned a house. The couple now rent a house nearby. Vanessa Bulnes prepares a meal in the kitchen of their rental.
High-income black households were also targeted with risky subprime loans at the height of the housing boom, research shows.

In 2006, amid the real estate run-up, black families earning more than $200,000 annually were more likely on average to be given a subprime loan than a white family making $30,000 a year, according to research by Jacob William Faber, a sociologist at New York University who studies racial economic disparity. Analyzing nearly 4 million loan applications nationwide, Faber found that blacks were more than twice as likely to receive a subprime loan than white applicants.

“The financial crisis triggered a massive destruction of wealth for African Americans,” said McCargo, who pointed to Federal Reserve data showing the median net worth of white families today at nearly 10 times that of black families. “Wealth is inextricably linked to housing, and that wealth gap is evident in figures for black-owned property in this country.”

"

anyway no one here is really in a position to say anything authoritative and so it's just passing conversation. data is not that useful without additional context about the wealth gap

FMXVII

About the joke.

He posted about how nice could be to have a day without women on the women's day.
He was ridiculous and I'm a straight man... I showed it to my wife and she rolled her eyes... it was low, unnecessary, I don't even consider a joke.

"This employee took my arm, said he wanted slavery to come back, that I would have to have sex with him, repeating all the time that I should do what he wanted, as if it were the most normal thing in the world."

These types or kinds of jokes there is no place anymore.
I feel ashamed when I see mans doing that.

How does anyone even remotely sane, equivocate Colin making a joke about peace and quiet without women around, with physically grabbing a woman and telling her that if slavery were still a thing she'd be getting raped right then and there?

That's... REALLY faulty "logic".

Last edited:

FMXVII

So he is not uneducated and unintelligent? :pie_thinking:

Ohhhh we are on ERA again lol

People doing defense control to the indefensible.
I feel bad for you if you believe what he wrote is some kind of joke.

Is this deadpan?

If so, stick a spork in it - it's dead, Jim.

Hudo

Being blacklisted doesn't prohibit him from making his Sony centered podcast, though. So I don't know what exactly the problem is.

In any case, being "loyal" to some company (even as an employee) is also something I don't understand. But it's funny.

drganon

If true, that sucks. Sacred symbols is one of the few gaming podcasts left I can stand. Colin and crew will probably be okay though.

On another note, I'm getting the feeling ethomaz is either a really good troll or incredibly stupid.

bosnianpie

Spreading lies about people is not cool at all and you should be ashamed of yourself. It doesn't matter that you're doing it towards a public figure through the anonymity of Internet. It does harm to people both physically and mentally, so cut that shit out.

Having listened to Colin for many, many hours I can confirm that he holds no extreme opinions. So instead of being a parrot and repeat what other people say about him you should listen to his podcasts and learn that he's actually a very decent guy that produces great content.

My concern with this SJW bullshit is primarily that it's a form of contagious mental illness that spreads quickly from true believers to new inductees. I've seen people close to me influenced by this shit and it sickens me because the pseudo intellectual stance encourages shutting down rather than engaging in any kind of actual nuanced constructive debate. These people are God damn nut jobs spreading cult like reactionary group non-think.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
How does anyone even remotely sane, equivocate Colin making a joke about peace and quiet without women around, with physically grabbing a woman and telling her that if slavery were still a thing she'd be getting raped right then and there?

That's... REALLY faulty "logic".
You have to temper expectations when you realize who you're talking to.

Great Hair

Banned
I´ve never liked them, an Xbox and a Nintendo fanboi via IGN got to some fame (apparently) talking about PlayStation. I don´t get the appeal of them, retelling a weeks/months old story like most youtuber do?

A recollection of past news in video form, in this case via audio of topics we´ve already read elsewhere days before. TO ME just another youtuber a la yongyea, the quaterian etc. specifically "targeting" a certain demographic. You like him, good. You don´t like him, good.

And what if his claims are unfunded, plain wrong? He is most likely on many blacklists, so what? He still has his audience ... do we have to blacklist Sony now?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Look at any of his history lol

twulhw4djcoz.jpg
What's wrong with posting facts? Anyone with half a brain knows that racism is just a political tool to be exploited. Sure, actual racism exists, but it is miniscule compared to hundreds of actual problems we should be worried about. The vast majority of people are not racist.

Last edited:

decisions

So I finally listened to the podcast, basically every time he's asked for games/contact from Sony in the past month and a half, he has received no response. He also didn't get invited to THE TLOU2 event even though he lives nearby ND's office. So, he's done asking for games from them but wishes them no ill-will, and says that if they ever want to work together again, Sony can reach out to them. So they will not be able to play Sony games (such as Death Stranding) until they came out.

Timestamp on the YT vid is 8:35.

Top Bottom