• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Blacklists Colin Moriarty

GymWolf

Did GymWolf really kill all those babies who did nothing to him??? You are a piece of shit garbage human and I hope you are sent to prison and are raped and tortured until you die a miserable old man, if true.
Seems legit :ROFLMAO:

Also i don't really think that a multinational company like sony needs you white knightery in a forum my dude.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Seems legit :ROFLMAO:

Also i don't really think that a multinational company like sony needs you white knightery in a forum my dude.

Big company, single individual or anything in between does not need people spreading false information and telling them to "fuck off".

If you're going to publicly tell anyone to "fuck off", at least know what you're talking about first. My dude.

That whole "quiet day without women" comment way back when turned the general public against him. Doubt Sony cares about what he said, they just think associating with him is bad PR now.

It's worse PR now, too much attention drawn to it now. Get woke, go broke is a real thing and if they continue stuff like this and censorship crap their next gen prospects are looking bad.

NeatoB1

I like Colin I believe he is a Wordsmith with his writing in regards to PlayStation in the past and now.
The joke that people are really mad about that itself is a complete joke it was a nothing of a joke i mean sure if u see a big guy and call him fat thats not nice but still true
He simply made a joke about it being a little quieter that today
I'm not trying to re-litigate the joke and find the real meanings behind it
Colin has been a great PlayStation brand ambassador all the other people right now are just missing the mark

wvnative

It's worse PR now, too much attention drawn to it now. Get woke, go broke is a real thing and if they continue stuff like this and censorship crap their next gen prospects are looking bad.

"Get woke, go broke" isn't a philosophy most of these companies have adopted yet.

And yes that kind of racism comment come from extreme right.
I don't think racism is something that is the monopoly of the extreme right - just throwing it out there.

Taking notice that Asians tend to do great in US (and in pretty much every occidental country they migrate to) is not racism, if you take into account that they often work really hard for it. It's inconvenient to explain if you are politically opposed to whoever is not with you (whatever you prefer, I won't assume anything), but it shows that despite the bad mouthing some people do about "systemic racism" and "rampant white supremacy" people who go through the motion tend to do better - no matter what their background is - which is obviously bad if you subscribe to far left ideology and your group basically is trying to control how immigrants, or people from visible minority groups think by telling them that the other political side is trying to enslave them.

However, the extreme right might say something similar followed by, well these "other people" are taking over our country and we should kick them out - violently if necessary.

Just like someone who is quite in the political center may say: hey wouldn't it be nice if we had some of that single payer health care action like they do in the other developed countries? that seems to work better and it cost them less per capita, everybody is covered too! - Then some will lump you in with the Antifa roaming gangs, Mao and Stalin, as if you wanted a completely controlled economy, and a dictatorship.

You are actually not even allowed to type Colin Moriarty into Reeeeeeesetera....it's an instaban.

That alone elevates him to the status of the Holy Risen Jesus in my mind!

Seriously, the guy is a great podcaster, very knowledgeable with regards Sony, and I recommend Sacred Symbols to anybody.

GymWolf

Big company, single individual or anything in between does not need people spreading false information and telling them to "fuck off".

If you're going to publicly tell anyone to "fuck off", at least know what you're talking about first. My dude.
Where i spreaded false information?

I asked a question and said, "if true", calm down with this shitty exaggeration...

Last edited:

Petrae

This is why more and more “brands” on social media are purposefully staying in their lanes. It can only take one joke, one politically-charged statement, one emotionally-driven action to permafuck things... and that’s not ever changing.

We can debate whether businesses are right or wrong to blacklist personalities for tweets and opinions, of course. The need to censor your thoughts and words for fear of discipline from employers and business partners sucks... but it’s currently the rule of the roost and you go against that rule at your own peril, and the peril of your brand.

Bolivar687

Banned
I really don't follow the games business or media anymore because of this. Colin is an industry veteran who knows what he's talking about when it comes to this stuff, so I take him at his word here.

Not really a fan of where consoles have gone or the direction of PlayStation in particular. I don't think I would have anything to do with it if it weren't for Modern Warfare.

Saruhashi

Banned
I sometimes listen to their Sacred Symbols podcast on YouTube and to be honest there hasn't really been anything controversial on there any of the times I've listened.

It's a solid Playstation podcast.

Two kind of worrying things about this thread.

First, the fact that Sony would straight up ignore probably the most popular Playstation podcast out there in favor of established sites and outlets that we all already know as biased and corrupt as fuck. On the positive side I feel like being "unofficial" probably benefits Colin and Chris in terms of credibility. Sony clearly don't give a fuck though, which is a bit disappointing.

Second, there are people out there who upon being told second, or even third, hand that someone is "racist", "sexist" or "alt-right" will absolutely bend over backwards to maintain that false belief. Even when people are showing exactly why that's an incorrectly held belief. Imagine being the kind of person who will shamelessly insist that someone, that they don't even know, is a horrible question just because they can't hold their hands up and say "OK so I was wrong about the guy".

Saruhashi

Banned
The incredibly benign joke tweet that took him down. Cancel culture is fucking stupid:

Reading the replies to that Tweet is just a depressing experience.

Especially Greg Miller. Imagine throwing a friend under the bus for what is basically a lame joke.

I always wonder why none of these people try to ride out the storm.
From lads running their gaming channel/site to events like PAX all the way up to huge companies like Sony.

People on one hand will rant and rave about Colin and Chris and how they are toxic blah blah blah but the mob that is waiting in the wings to pounce on any little thing from anyone in the industry never get's criticized.

GymWolf

Especially Greg Miller. Imagine throwing a friend under the bus for what is basically a lame joke.

From lads running their gaming channel/site to events like PAX all the way up to huge companies like Sony.

People on one hand will rant and rave about Colin and Chris and how they are toxic blah blah blah but the mob that is waiting in the wings to pounce on any little thing from anyone in the industry never get's criticized.
Greg miller is an obnoxious cunt, i can't stand that guy...

Last edited:

bukowski81

I think you are confused with the quote :D

"I think he made a joke on twitter two years ago about women being more talkative then men."

You did a better summary.
BTW his own friends were against him so I believe the things were not just jokes at all.

They didnt were "against him". They were just afraid of the economic consecuences because of all the ridiculous backlash and instead of publicly backing him up they released some kind of weak apology, Colin felt betrayed and thats it. At least thats how i remember it was.

joe_zazen

My take:
  • Many under 30s, who are prime consumers of Greg Miller branded content and console games in general, see themselves as heroes. They derive much satisfaction and self identity from their online personas as fighters for truth and justice.
  • Heroes need villains, and because actual villains cannot be fought or seen easily, fake ones are invented and then destroyed via approved corporate channels. [Antifa vs 90 year old woman crossing street gif]
  • the ‘joke’ turned CM into villain, Miller and Sony saw this and got out of the way in order to protect income streams because they are running businesses, not charities.

not that anyone should feels sorry for CM. He lives in Santa Monica and nets $30k USD per month.

My take:
  • Many under 30s, who are prime consumers of Greg Miller branded content and console games in general, see themselves as heroes. They derive much satisfaction and self identity from their online personas as fighters for truth and justice.
  • Heroes need villains, and because actual villains cannot be fought or seen easily, fake ones are invented and then destroyed via approved corporate channels. [Antifa vs 90 year old woman crossing street gif]
  • the ‘joke’ turned CM into villain, Miller and Sony saw this and got out of the way in order to protect income streams because they are running businesses, not charities.

not that anyone should feels sorry for CM. He lives in Santa Monica and nets $30k USD per month.

I don't care where he lives or how much he earns, I still feel sorry for him. It couldn't have been easy being betrayed by your best friend, co-workers, and the entire gaming industry.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The ironic thing is the joke is kinda funny which was the name of his company.

Personally, i find it really funny and true, and almost any man in a relationship will agree at some point of their life.

His own GF laughed at it.

But let's all pretend to be offended on behalf of all of those people who pretended to be outraged and didn't mind their own business.

Oh first world, how dare you!

Woodchipper

Just curious, but how does "notaxation" come across as racist for you? As an American, I'm fully aware of the meaning of it and it's connection to the roots of our country.
Racist?! What the fuck are you talking about? Far right is the same as racist? Geez, your fucking language is confusing to say the least.

Katsura

I was confused by the language. Far right to me is simply just that, far to the right, which to me means people who don’t like taxes.
Fair enough. I'm aware the political spectrum is different depending on where you are. In this context the implication of far right is the typical 'alt-right nazi' nonsense you often see from left of center US media. It's meant as a smear

Also, no taxation is most likely a reference to this

Thorrgal

Guys, you have it all backwards. Which is understandable because you're not very smart. I'll explain you what really happened, and you can carry on ignoring the truth and feeling bad for this asshole.

He didn't leave KF because of a tweet. He said so himself. He left KF because he lost interest in videogames, he was being outvoted 3-1 in all the KF decissions, and , after a visit to David Rubin, he realized he could be his own boss, and make more money talking about his real passion; History and Politics.

So he decided to make the tweet, and use the backlash he knew it would get, while their friends and partners were away on a convention, to basically stab them in the back and leave the company with half of the Patreons, using what he's being using this past months, and again this past week, to his advantage: Victimism.

His actions almost made KF go broke, while all he had to do is make bullshit videos noone was even watching, but had a loyal base of supporters that didn't care about anything else than sticking it to the "snakes in the grass" for "speaking the truth" and all kinds of bullshit.

Thank god KF survived, and ofc Colin had to come back to gaming, with the only partner that could stand him, while playing the victim card week in and week out.

Deal with it

Last edited:

drganon

Guys, you have it all backwards. Which is understandable because you're not very smart. I'll explain you what really happened, and you can carry on ignoring the truth and feeling bad for this asshole.

He didn't leave KF because of a tweet. He said so himself. He left KF because he lost interest in videogames, he was being outvoted 3-1 in all the KF decissions, and , after a visit to David Rubin, he realized he could be his own boss, and make more money talking about his real passion; History and Politics.

So he decided to make the tweet, and use the backlash he knew it would get, while their friends and partners were away on a convention, to basically stab them in the back and leave the company with half of the Patreons, using what he's being using this past months, and again this past week, to his advantage: Victimism.

His actions almost made KF go broke, while all he had to do is make bullshit videos noone was even watching, but had a loyal base of supporters that didn't care about anything else than sticking it to the "snakes in the grass" for "speaking the truth" and all kinds of bullshit.

Thank god KF survived, and ofc Colin had to come back to gaming, with the only partner that could stand him, while playing the victim card week in and week out.

Deal with it
Not quite sure if this is sarcasm or stupidity.

Roufianos

Deal with it

Lol. If Colin's aim was to take the KF fanbase with him then he wouldn't have focused on history and politics.

I'm sure you're trolling though as surely nobody's this deluded.

I like Colin I believe he is a Wordsmith with his writing in regards to PlayStation in the past and now.
The joke that people are really mad about that itself is a complete joke it was a nothing of a joke i mean sure if u see a big guy and call him fat thats not nice but still true
He simply made a joke about it being a little quieter that today
I'm not trying to re-litigate the joke and find the real meanings behind it
Colin has been a great PlayStation brand ambassador all the other people right now are just missing the mark

A Footballers favourite chant is:

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
YOU FAT BASTARD YOU FAT BASTARD
You ate all the pies!

All in good fun though. Yeah this cancel culture is stupid.

Imagine Woke SJWs at a Football Stadium, their voices will be drowned out by:

Who is the bitch on the pitch?
Who is the bitch on the pitch?
YOU SAD BASTARD YOU SAD BASTARD
You are the bitch on the pitch. ;P

graybot

I enjoy his gaming podcasts, I listen to his Playstation podcasts most weeks and also the retro one he does with his brother. (His brother seems like a good guy)

But I still think Colin is a bit of an arsehole, especially on twitter and disagree with him on pretty much everything when it comes to politics.

As for the joke, I think the outrage at the time was more for the fact he set out to antagonise people rather than to say something that was funny.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The incredibly benign joke tweet that took him down. Cancel culture is fucking stupid:

Every time I see this, the thought that people were actually outraged or upset by this is honestly so batshit insane that he makes me laugh,

The politically correct extreme left that go after stuff like this, are so far gone, it's unbelievable.

I mean, it's a joke.

mcjmetroid

Every time I see this, the thought that people were actually outraged or upset by this is honestly so batshit insane that he makes me laugh,

The politically correct extreme left that go after stuff like this, are so far gone, it's unbelievable.

I mean, it's a joke.
it's also true though hence the responses. Literally proving his point :D

Portugeezer

I mean, it's a joke.
No one was outraged (or offended), they just used it as an excuse to get him... because he has (some) different political views to most of the gaming industry.

It was all fake.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

I mean, it's a joke.
I’d say it has nothing to do with left or right though. Some people are just sensitive dorks.

Top Bottom