• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony blocked character transfers between platforms in Destiny 2

Shin

Banned
Sony is reportedly responsible for more than locking certain Destiny 2 content to PS4.

Destiny 2 was the first game in the series to come to PC. This was a big deal, for obvious reasons, but one question was on everyone’s mind at that time: will we be able to bring our console characters to PC?

While it’s true that Destiny 2 essentially started everyone off from scratch, the PC version didn’t launch day-and-date with consoles, so many had already invested dozens of hours into the console version and were hoping they won’t have to start over on PC.

It turns out, Bungie, too, wanted the feature – specifically before the launch of Forsaken, but Sony wouldn’t allow it. On the latest episode of Kotaku’s Splitscreen podcast, Jason Schreier revealed that Sony blocked character transfers between platforms because it wanted people to associate Destiny with PS4.

Credit: VG247
Extra: more sources, including but not limited to Eurogamer.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
How does Sony have a say in that?

Edit: isn’t all that info on Bungie’s server?

Last edited:
Sony wants me to associate Destiny with PS4? lol? Okay, Sony, you win, I guess?

(goes back to playing on my PC as I have since Day One)

But you didn't play on PC since Day 1, that's the point. This is so frustrating precisely because it was a thinly veiled attempt to stop people from leaving the Playstation platform when the PC version was released. For some, it didn't work. I prioritize playability and presentation over whatever platform features and friends lists I had by sticking with Sony.

Figured I could make new Raid buddies which was partially right. I don't regret the decision to leave the people I played D1 with behind but knowing that it was Sony that made it necessary puts a black mark on their record which will make it easier for me to choose platforms next console generations, for sure.

Mista

Banned
Yeah, but Bungie sold those rights to Sony in the exclusivity deal.

I really, really hope Destiny 3 does not have exclusivity. I know, shit in one hand..
Well, no Cuntivision around this time so let’s see how Bungo deals with D3 this time.

Well, no Cuntivision around this time so let’s see how Bungo deals with D3 this time.

Bungie need money now more than ever now that Activision isnt throwing money at them. Theyll make a deal with someone, thats for sure. And im sure itll be Epic.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
How does Sony have a say in that?

Edit: isn’t all that info on Bungie’s server?
Other platforms are able to do so? If not then it isn’t Sony’s fault. Voost Kain would be happy with this thread
Poster is similar to a voost, he just trys to hide in a pseudo veil of neutrality but look at past posts and the ostrich begins to poke his head out lol 😂😂
They have an exclusive deal with Sony, they cant give any exclusive feature to Xbox or PC. This deal was from Activisions side, so we will see how this turns out now in Destiny 3.

Shin

Banned
Yes by all means do look at my post history and let me know which console I have some hidden agenda against since you know me better than I know myself.
I find it hilarious that you're still being anal month after I cockslapped you across all 4 corners of the screen for your shitty personality and behavior towards others.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
They have an exclusive deal with Sony, they cant give any exclusive feature to Xbox or PC. This deal was from Activisions side, so we will see how this turns out now in Destiny 3.
Exclusivity content and we let that slide. They’re doing exclusive features too?! Fucking pathetic

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yes by all means do look at my post history and let me know which console I have some hidden agenda against since you know me better than I know myself.
I find it hilarious that you're still being anal month after I cockslapped you across all 4 corners of the screen for your shitty personality and behavior towards others.

Has nothing to do with whatever fruity delusional shit you just mentioned. You came off as a sensitive, fake pseudo neutral gamer because someone didnt agree with your view and someone called you out on your bs. Go cry to another corner with tht fake edgy bs. You just needed to be scolded like the little Doritis, eating, dude bro twerp you really are lol. Your shitty biased response previously to an innocent comment showed your true colors.

You'll be OK "neutral gamer" 😁😉

Last edited:

Hudo

Since Sony have moved the Playstation HQ to California, some strange policies have started to emerge. Why did Sony actually move the PS HQ to the US in the first place?

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Has nothing to do with whatever fruity delusional shit you just mentioned. You came off as a sensitive, fake pseudo neutral gamer because someone didnt agree with your view and someone called you out on your bs. Go cry to another corner with tht fake edgy bs. You just needed to be scolded like the little Doritis eating twerp you are lol.

You'll be OK "neutral gamer" 😁😉
Perhaps you should avoid articles/threads that you can't handle.

FranXico

Since Sony have moved the Playstation HQ to California, some strange policies have started to emerge. Why did Sony actually move the PS HQ to the US in the first place?
To be more like Xbox, after the success of the 360.

Fuz

Banned
Sony is doing a lot of stupid shit right now that the next generation approaches. Not smart.

Gamernyc78

Banned
To be more like Xbox, after the success of the 360.

Strange since alot of what
Xbox has done including removing kinect, going for streaming, adding a half baked "share play feature", saying they are giving first party devs more leeway and buying more studios has them being more like Sony.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Perhaps you should avoid threads/articles where ppl have differing opinions and not get butt hurt :) bcus someone feels differently about your favorite plastic.
That's strange since I didn't buy a console this generation, the last console I purchased was the silver PS3 (slim) and a $700 Hatsune Miku PS Vita.
But apparently I must have left it up your ass somewhere since you seem to have found this non-existent Xbox:messenger_face_screaming:

I'd say act your age which supposed to be 40+ but that's impossible seeing your personality, apparently like a child a person needs to choose because they cannot be neutral and like all consoles or gaming in general.
Also here's a freebee: you're missing Etho... and LastSw... to make the defense force complete in case you think I haven't realize who's always in the threads to proteccc, attaccc and defendddddddd.
Keep entertaining us with your stupidity, because it seems you never considered the fact that someone can just like games and/or electronics without being blindly loyal to X and Z brand or feel inclined to defend them.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Strange since alot of what
Xbox has done including removing kinect, going for streaming, adding a half baked "share play feature", saying they are giving first party devs more leeway and buying more studios has them being more like Sony.

When I see a fanboy...I used to call them out...now I just make a passive aggressive post replying to them but barely addressing what they said..

44b.gif

Gamernyc78

Banned
That's strange since I didn't buy a console this generation, the last console I purchased was the silver PS3 (slim) and a $700 Hatsune Miku PS Vita.
But apparently I must have left it up your ass somewhere since you seem to have found this non-existent Xbox:messenger_face_screaming:

I'd say act your age which supposed to be 40+ but that's impossible seeing your personality, apparently like a child a person needs to choose because they cannot be neutral and like all consoles or gaming in general.
Also here's a freebee: you're missing Etho... and LastSw... to make the defense force complete in case you think I haven't realize who's always in the threads to proteccc, attaccc and defendddddddd.
Keep entertaining us with your stupidity, because it seems you never considered the fact that someone can just like games and/or electronics without being blindly loyal to X and Z brand or feel inclined to defend them.

Edgy dude with typical response. Fight tht gd fight my man. We see through your edge lord response. I like how you used an evolution of the
"I own every console defense" yours is the "I own none of the consoles defense. We sure believe your bs now.

Bro grow up, hop off and stop being a fanboy. It's not a gd look.

IDappa

Edgy dude with typical response. Fight tht gd fight my man. We see through your edge lord response. I like how you used an evolution of the
"I own every console defense" yours is the "I own none of the consoles defense. We sure believe your bs now.

Bro grow up, hop off and stop being a fanboy. It's not a gd look.
What’s funny is from an outside perspective you look like the ass defending/praising Sony....

The funniest thing I find with fanboys especially Sony guys is that they get so mad when Microsoft go for 3rd party exclusives like tomb raider and yet are all of a sudden fine with this sort of behaviour. Then they claim they aren’t biased, very amusing..

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Iys

What’s funny is from an outside perspective you look like the ass defending/praising Sony....

Hop off you weigh to much 😁From the outside now you look like %*&$ rider. Are you an Alt account? Hmmm🤔🤔🤔 Getting involved in a dispute tht has nothing to do with you or maybe it does hmmm🤔

Last edited:

IDappa

Wow you got me. Hop off you weigh to much 😁Now you look like %*&$ rider. Are you an Alt account? Hmmm🤔🤔🤔
No mate different guy I just lurk allot but thanks for nullifying your argument :).

(Edit: I am a bit on the heavy side but damn man I’m not that bad)

Last edited:

IDappa

Cool 😀you were weighing to much 😂😂 and not my style.
I don’t understand this weight stuff, is this meant to be a insult orrrr??. I mean we can have a discussion about this dumb practice Sony has been doing lately or you can keep your tail tucked I don’t care tbh..

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don’t understand this weight stuff, is this meant to be a insult orrrr??. I mean we can have a discussion about this dumb practice Sony has been doing lately or you can keep your tail tucked I don’t care tbh..

You wouldn't get it mate but I think you got it 😉 No one was defending a certain practice, I see comprehension isnt your strong point. Keep tht thing tucked in your %/& you'll be OK lol and learn to mind your business.

Last edited:

IDappa

You wouldn't get it mate but I think you got it 😉 No one was defending a certain practice, I see comprehension isnt your strong point. Keep tht thing ticked in your %/& you'll be OK lol and learn to mind your business.
I saw you come into a thread immediately derail it by attacking the poster then claim he isn’t neutral meanwhile a quick look through your post history I see you’re the biggest Sony suck up there is. Keep getting defensive and then insulting people mate it’s a good look.

Still dodge the topic though mate big man on the interwebs ;)

(Edit: btw last time I checked this is a forum for public discussion. Wouldn’t work so well if everyone minded their own business, you’re a smart one)

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I saw you come into a thread immediately derail it by attacking the poster then claim he isn’t neutral meanwhile a quick look through your post history I see you’re the biggest Sony suck up there is. Keep getting defensive and then insulting people mate it’s a good look.

Still dodge the topic though mate big man on the interwebs ;)

(Edit: btw last time I checked this is a forum for public discussion. Wouldn’t work so well if everyone minded their own business, you’re a smart one)

Your cool. Mr investigator did your fake Sherlock ass see the initial post between me and tht person and the reason for my response? Hypocrite the first insulting post was yours. Don't get soft like a pussy now.

Again you should mind your business for future reference, no one likes a busy body. There was a reason my post towards his bs got several likes :)

Boy you sure are edgy and cool, ima add you as a friend keyboard warrior lol

Last edited:

IDappa

Your cool. Mr investigator did your fake Sherlock ass see the initial post between me and tht person and the reason for my response? Hypocrite the first insulting post was yours. Don't get soft like a pussy now.

Again you should mind your business fir future reference, no one likes a busy body. There was a reason my post towards his bs got several likes :)

Could of sworn I just called you a keyboard warrior huh weird, you definitely need to get your own comebacks bud.. You were acting like a Arse so I called you what you were matey. You then proceed to call me fat? Hahah I love the internet.

I am not getting soft though? I was never acting hard in the first place this sort of stuff doesn’t get me off unlike some people ;).

Implying because you have likes on a post doesn’t make you an arse?. Ahhh let’s ignore the post again you’re boring me now..

This practice is dumb doesn’t matter what company does it. People need to either accept that it happens or hold every company accountable no matter who it is..

Gamernyc78

Banned
Could of sworn I just called you a keyboard warrior huh weird, you definitely need to get your own comebacks bud.. You were acting like a Arse so I called you what you were matey. You then proceed to call me fat? Hahah I love the internet.

I am not getting soft though? I was never acting hard in the first place this sort of stuff doesn’t get me off unlike some people ;).

Implying because you have likes on a post doesn’t make you an arse?. Ahhh let’s ignore the post again you’re boring me now..

This practice is dumb doesn’t matter what company does it. People need to either accept that it happens or hold every company accountable no matter who it is..

You too slow to understand my response to him wasn't about the practice lol but I'll let you keep being that judge and juror.

And again english must be your second language as I didn't say or imply your fat lol

You've been boring and should have stfu to begin with. You not making yourself look cool at all lol. Put down your pom poms and I'll ttyl.

Back to the thread at hand.

Practices like these aren't the best for consumers but we know this precedence was set gaming generation's ago and now tht the shoe is on the other foot its so bad. Business will be business and just show the companies with your wallet. I am already not buying MK11 for a totally different reason but yet and still based on principle.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned

Again you should mind your business for future reference, no one likes a busy body. There was a reason my post towards his bs got several likes :)

just stop

IDappa

You too slow to understand my response to him wasn't about the practice lol but I'll let you keep being that judge and juror.

And again english must be your second language as I didn't say or imply your fat lol

You've been boring and should have stfu to begin with. You not making yourself look cool at all lol. Put down your pom poms and I'll ttyl.

Back to the thread at hand.

Practices like these aren't the best for consumers but we know this precedence was set gaming generation's ago and now tht the shoe is on the other foot its so bad. Business will be business and just show the companies with your wallet. I am already not buying MK11 for a totally different reason but yet and still based on principle.
Sorry does didn’t realise “hop off you weigh to much” doesn’t relate to well weight ?, silly me I guess. I don’t know “the memes”

Look cool?, do people actually attempt that on the internet. Tbh with you I don’t attempt to look cool anywhere so no need to worry.. Pom poms what is going on man, you must be very insecure you’re throwing the insults left and right..

Finally you’re making sense... unfortunately people have don’t get they need to vote with their wallet with every corporation not just the ones they don’t like.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sorry does didn’t realise “hop off you weigh to much” doesn’t relate to well weight ?, silly me I guess. I don’t know “the memes”

Look cool?, do people actually attempt that on the internet. Tbh with you I don’t attempt to look cool anywhere so no need to worry.. Pom poms what is going on man, you must be very insecure you’re throwing the insults left and right..

Finally you’re making sense... unfortunately people have don’t get they need to vote with their wallet with every corporation not just the ones they don’t like.

We shall agree with the voting with your wallet. I am proud to say I was one of those that boycotted SFV due to its lack of content and I guess ppl tht did really hurt sales and I don't think Capcom will come with tht bs again. And I bought every SF game day one besides tht one. We shall see how things turn out.

A Sony Anti-consumer thread formatted to get a shock reaction, Xbox brought up for no reason in the middle,Thread derailing off a cliff with accusations of post history bias..

Not sure what people are talking about, seems like a normal Voost Kain thread to me.

Top Bottom