• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony cancel all preorders for Watch_Dogs: Legion - hints at further delay?

cormack12

Gold Member
So this is apparently in line with Sony's policy - if the game doesn't have a set date within a certain time then the preorders must be refunded. There is precedents that say that preorder refunds are indicative of longer than expected delays (TLoU II, South Park etc.)

UcmZxcG.jpg

A reminder that the original drop date was March 2020, and then was pushed back with an ETA of July-October 2020. It is confirmed as a cross-gen title. Either Breakpoint is taking more time away from the devs (with Div 2 as well - a dev I know said that Ubi feel they've specifically let Tom Clancy fans down hence the Battle Rewards disabling and free content), or maybe the emphasis is switching the date to now be a launch title for next gen.......

I'm rooting for this title, but it seems very ambitious if it's taking this long
WD 1&2 are enjoyable games hated for the sole reason of 1's bullshot trailer, and 2's supposed "wokeness" which was total BS, i ignored 2 becauseoof that until i played it last summer and had a blast.

i802mPR.jpg

Legion looks..... Interesting, it set somewhere outside of the U.S for once and it seems to have Interesting ideas but i need to see more before I give it a shot.

Last edited:

H4ze

And here is the friendly reminder, don't preoder anything for christ sake.. stupid sheeps

cormack12

Gold Member
WD 1&2 are enjoyable games hated for the sole reason of 1's bullshot trailer, and 2's supposed "wokeness" which was total BS, i ignored 2 becauseoof that until i played it last summer and had a blast.

Legion looks..... Interesting, it set somewhere outside of the U.S for once and it seems to have Interesting ideas but i need to see more before I give it a shot.

Yeah I liked 1 and 2 for different reasons. This seems more to be like 2 if I'm going on the trailers/media. Looks like they've just supplanted the London vibe with the East Coast movement, which I'm not 100% on. I need to see a proper gameplay video (like an hour segment after being 12 hours in), to see how it all works. You can have 20 NPC's in your pool (that you can swap out) but how do you switch between them? Like a dial, the fast-switch etc. Also, it would be REALLY cool if the mission structures changed depending on the skillset so if you recuited a tech guy for one specific mission, then the mission would be more about tech and hacking infiltration, whereas if you selected an NPC good with munitions and firearms, it would be more of a shootout style mission.

And here is the friendly reminder, don't preoder anything for christ sake.. stupid sheeps

It's mroe bizarre because it's digital. Just pre-order the night before if you want the bonuses.......

nowhat

WD 1&2 are enjoyable games hated for the sole reason of 1's bullshot trailer
I don't care so much about bullshots - they're just a fact of the industry, and are usually pretty obvious even before any controversy. Shrug it off and keep on going I say.

But I just found the original WD to be so dull. The whole premise of being a hacker is not really utilised as far as gameplay goes (having a magic cell phone doesn't change that), the main plot is uninteresting and the main protagonist is about the most bland, boring, clichéd character I've ever seen, combined with a VA that had zero range outside trying to imitate Christopher Bale playing Batman.

That's the reason I never got around to playing WD2 - no wokeness or lack thereof, I was just so unimpressed by the first game (and again, not because of the trailer).

Jacknapes

There's no set release date bar 2020 for Watch Dogs Legion now, i'm taking a guess it'll come out for PS5/Xbox Series X as well as PS4/Xbox One around November 2020.

Which will make me wonder about how Cross-gen will work, would they release a next-gen patch as both new machines are backwards compatible with the previous gen (Xbox is confirmed, PlayStation is mostly confirmed) or two separate versions.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm rooting for this title, but it seems very ambitious if it's taking this long
I'm sceptical, Ubisoft would have change their product policy first. Currently it's copy-pasting as many mechanics and ideas between their games as possible. Chances are that the most highlighted features of Legion will be versions of things you've already seen or, more likely, features that won't have such a significant impact on the gameplay and that will bore the player easily.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I wonder how much interest they've made with all that pay in advance pre-order money they took?

Shantae

Banned
I didn't really follow the bullshot trailer, and I really hated WD1 personally. That is one of the few games where I just finished because I kept looking for something to like about it, but once I was done, I just felt so angry because it was so bad. The gameplay sucked, the open world felt lifeless, and not fun to explore or do things in, and the story and characters were god damn atrocious.

I did pick up WD2, because I kept hearing it was better than the first, and while it had some moments, it still felt like it was a half assed open world game. And I just got bored with it, and didn't care to finish.

I don't wanna pick up legion, because at this point I feel like the fool where I was fooled twice. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. So yeah, ain't gonna waste my time or money on another WD product.

Banned
why bother to pre order when their games price will drop in three to six month anyway

Last edited:

ManaByte

i802mPR.jpg

Agree 100%. I originally avoided WD2 because of the wokeness complaints but then I played through it on the PS4 Pro and it’s one of my favorite games of the generation. It’s literally a video game of the 90s Hackers movie and the writing is great.

I just started a new play through on the Xbox.

GHG

Gold Member
Why the fuck people pre order digital games this far in advance I'll never know.

Can't manage your money?

Scared they will run out of digital stock?

nowhat

I don't understand why people preorder digital games. It really makes zero sense.
I may do it if the reviews are already out, I'm determined to get the game and I want to start playing it at midnight (preloading is great). But this usually means like a day or two before launch, so I don't know if that counts as preordering.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Im less concerned with people preordering digital games than people actually preordering an ubisoft game.

Both games before were so boring. Only good ip left is Rainbow 6 and Splinter Cell imo.

VertigoOA

Banned
Pre-order digital games? Who preorders retail?

pfft imagine waiting on a line to buy a game at midnight....

Look at my game collection everyone! I’m so cool

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
i would love someone to talk about why they preorder digital games. I mean, I stopped preordering decades ago, but when I did, it was for an actual physical object that I had to seek out.

Oh and I only played WD2 and hated it, and the SJW zoomer aesthetic and ethos is not in the top 10 reasons why.

Sybrix

I thought it was already out lol

Ubisoft games have not had my attention since Assassins Creed Unity.

I did not know it was pushed back but considering what it was going up against I'm sure that was the wisest decision. I liked both WD games.

Kokoro2020

I've been looking forward to this since announcement, as someone who quite enjoyed Watch Dogs 2. I was thinking of pre-ordering the physical version, but haven't yet. If it means a delay, I can live with that. I have plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

Doom85

I'm looking forward to the game, but wouldn't mind the delay. 2020's first half is already packed with FF 7, Last of Us 2, Resident Evil 3, Cyberpunk, Avengers, Animal Crossing, etc. But then, the later half will probably be packed too so admittedly that might not make a difference. Kinda hoping the next gen hurries up and gets here as I wait at least a year before getting a new system when it comes out so that's a good time to play catch up.

VGEsoterica

They keep pushing Watch Dogs but I’ve never really loved the series. Has high hopes for the first one but felt let down a bit

Kadayi

Banned
I wonder if they'll end up going head to head with Cyberpunk or just knock it on a month or two? Originally it was coming out a month prior.

Virex

Banned
Missing the bigger picture here.

Stadia exclusive of course.
Money talks. Could be maybe it's been delayed or cancelled perhaps. Ubisoft is going through a shakeup right now due to all their games being the same and financial flops like Division 2 and the new Ghost recon. And Ubisoft is becoming stricter with which games they greenlight from now on. I don't think it's cancelled but maybe delayed.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

i802mPR.jpg

What was woke about Watch_Dogs 2? I had a blast with the gameplay - though the whole "lol, 420 weed lets toke and hack bros!" got super old super quickly. Watch_Dogs Legion looks interesting and I am excited to see how it plays.

Top Bottom