• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony China Conference & Sony Asia VR Conference announced for 27th & 28th July 2016

ps4_vita_chinese_thumb.jpg

Two Asian regional divisions of Sony will be hosting 2 separate press conferences on 27th and 28th July respectively to coincide with the respective region's gaming show that are:

Sony Interactive Entertainment China
Playstation China Press Conference
Event : China Joy 2016
Date : 27th July 2016
Time : 1:30pm (local time)
Details : TBC ( though it would likely be similar to last year, China region releases with some new announcements/ports to PC specific to China-market)

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong
Playstation Asia VR Press Conference
Event : ACGHK 2016 (Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong)
Date : 28th July 2016
Time : 12:30pm (local time)
Guest : - SIEJA Vice President Hiroyuki Oda
- SIE WWS President Shuhei Yoshida
- Game Producers/Devs of PSVR games
Details : Release date, pricing & ordering details for PSVR in Asia & content for Asian markets.

Source :
- https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/748579703905259522 (China conference)
- http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/0/133870.html (HK conference)

Nathan Drake me if old :

hqdefault.jpg

Javin98

Banned
Just waiting for that RM 1799 price tag in Malaysia to be announced for the PSVR. Doubt it would be any cheaper.

Javin98

Banned
Why isn't there a thread here about that?
I'm afraid to make one
You Malaysian too? :p Anyway, your spoiler tag is exactly the reason no one has made a thread, especially not us Malaysians. Seeing as how there are so few enthusiastic gamers in Malaysia, I highly doubt anything we post here is monitored by our government, but just to be on the safe side...

Jimrpg

You Malaysian too? :p Anyway, your spoiler tag is exactly the reason no one has made a thread, especially not us Malaysians. Seeing as how there are so few enthusiastic gamers in Malaysia, I highly doubt anything we post here is monitored by our government, but just to be on the safe side...

I think the PC scene is gaining popularity. I see it in the newspapers a bit.

Games are just too expensive here on a regular salary so piracy is rife, so in turn there's less retail presence and less interest.

But still if i was a poor ass student, id still scrape together RM2000 and build myself a decent PC and live off humble bundle.

Javin98

Banned
I think the PC scene is gaining popularity. I see it in the newspapers a bit.

Games are just too expensive here on a regular salary so piracy is rife, so in turn there's less retail presence and less interest.

But still if i was a poor ass student, id still scrape together RM2000 and build myself a decent PC and live off humble bundle.
Indeed, RM 240 for a new retail release is ridiculous. Fortunately, used copies can be purchased for RM 85 and there are sales on PSN every month with some older retail games going as low as RM 32. Only my most anticipated games are bought day one. But yeah, it's no surprise piracy is rampant in third world countries like Malaysia.

No one care about a small country with corruption news or politician act like a joke when terrorism happen left and right and biggest comedy person running as president.
1MDB simply can't compete for headline in this crazy world.
This is unfortunate. Our economy is getting run into the ground and our beloved man is still on the loose with no one giving a crap.

Jimrpg

No one care about a small country with corruption news or politician act like a joke when terrorism happen left and right and biggest comedy person running as president.
1MDB simply can't compete for headline in this crazy world.

Pretty much.

Never mind he took $4 billion tax payer dollars.

In Australia (where i am from), politicians get ripped in the media for flashy tax payer spending like hotels and things. (Hasn't really stopped them either though.) I can't imagine the media if someone took $4k let alone the amount Malaysia High Ranking Officer 1 tried to take.

Now that DoJ is involved... its probably the end of the line for him... going to be really interesting to see how he squirms out of this. Fire or bribe DoJ attorneys? I'd like to see it!

Jimrpg

Indeed, RM 240 for a new retail release is ridiculous. Fortunately, used copies can be purchased for RM 85 and there are sales on PSN every month with some older retail games going as low as RM 32. Only my most anticipated games are bought day one. But yeah, it's no surprise piracy is rampant in third world countries like Malaysia.

Where do you get used copies of games for RM85? That's a good price.

I've stopped buying games above RM100 especially with my backlog.

Are you guys on steam? Sometimes the prices can be real good. Like No Man's Sky is just RM105. The bigger publishers like 2K, Ubisoft and Activision are all selling at RM200+ though.

Javin98

Banned
Where do you get used copies of games for RM85? That's a good price.

I've stopped buying games above RM100 especially with my backlog.

Are you guys on steam? Sometimes the prices can be real good. Like No Man's Sky is just RM105. The bigger publishers like 2K, Ubisoft and Activision are all selling at RM200+ though.
Many game retailers actually sell used copies for RM 85, but only after a year from release or so. For instance, I'm from Ipoh and I bought Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son for a total of RM 170 in one store. In another store, I got Driveclub and The Order both for the same price. Not too sure about KL, the game stores might charge more as the cost of living is higher in KL.

And unfortunately, I don't have a Steam account. My PC is weaker than a PS3 and I only game on my PS4 now.

wapplew

Pretty much.

Never mind he took $4 billion tax payer dollars.

In Australia (where i am from), politicians get ripped in the media for flashy tax payer spending like hotels and things. (Hasn't really stopped them either though.) I can't imagine the media if someone took $4k let alone the amount Malaysia High Ranking Officer 1 tried to take.

Now that DoJ is involved... its probably the end of the line for him... going to be really interesting to see how he squirms out of this. Fire or bribe DoJ attorneys? I'd like to see it!

Our media just fail to be the watch dog. Can't believe no media outlet camping outside those who name revealed by DOJ.
Like how do we don't have any interviews or statement from them at all? No media outlet care about that? Where are them currently? Fucking depressing.

Our media just fail to be the watch dog. Can't believe no media outlet camping outside those who name revealed by DOJ.
Like how do we don't have any interviews or statement from them at all? No media outlet care about that? Where are them currently? Fucking depressing.

If there's one thing MO1 has done really well in the past year, it is to defang pretty much every opposition to him.

Jimrpg

I guess they are silenced by the government.

That doesn't mean the west has it any better - over there some newspapers just take sides in the political argument.

Media all around the world is a powerful thing.

wapplew

I guess they are silenced by the government.

That doesn't mean the west has it any better - over there some newspapers just take sides in the political argument.

Media all around the world is a powerful thing.

It's super juicy news, Fox, CNN, would have sent their media van parking outside their house 24/7.
Its like they don't care about selling paper or rating anymore.

Anyway, better take these talk outside gaming thread.

Very expensive end of the year this year. Neo, PSVR, bunch of games I want day 1...estimate up to RM4.5k spending.

Xenoflare

I'm surprised the Vita is there.

You will be surprised, the Chinese Vita support is quite stunning compared to the west, it's not much, but extremely solid.

If the Chinese Vita lineup is decent enough I'll be importing games soon since Chinese is my native tongue, IIRC Falcom has dedicated support to the Chinese market, it was the sole reason why I got to play the original trilogy on the PC back in 2008 anyways

Top Bottom