• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony comfirms Nixxes was bought to help with PC ports

Juza

Not yet, but they've only brought a couple old games. If they are planning to do something more substantial, I can see Sony creating their own PlayStation launcher.

Valve shouldn't get any portion of Sony exclusive software. Sony doesn't need them and especially not at 30%.

Good luck to Sony creating a new division with a whole management and bunch of full time employees to create featureless store, only to publish their own games! 30% cut is nothing compared to this!

Also, FYI:

With that in mind, we’ve created new revenue share tiers for games that hit certain revenue levels. Starting from October 1, 2018 (i.e. revenues prior to that date are not included), when a game makes over $10 million on Steam, the revenue share for that application will adjust to 75%/25% on earnings beyond $10M. At $50 million, the revenue share will adjust to 80%/20% on earnings beyond $50M. Revenue includes game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees. Our hope is this change will reward the positive network effects generated by developers of big games, further aligning their interests with Steam and the community.

Paasei

I’d definitely be up for a Sony PC store with trophy integration/cross platform progression etc.

And this info was surely obvious, the only question is to what extent do they want their library on PC - will we see PS1/PS2/PS3 Sony games ported over?
Please don't, not another one. Just port them to GoG with achievements. All good.

Playstation is cooked.

Steam deck is only the beginning. In a year or two valve will release an steam dock(console) that will play almost all sony games, all xbox games and all pc games with better graphics and a reasonable price.
You feeling alright? How is a company worth around $15 billion going to produce a more powerful console (than Microsoft and Sony) and sell it at a reasonable price without losing loads of money?

ZywyPL

Banned
sk9nb6lgccq31.png

Not surprising really given Sony's recent strategy and what Nixxes team specializes in, some people were in a desperate denial but that's all, everyone else saw what's coming. At the end of the day it's a good approach IMO, because this will ensure that both the console and PC versions will be polished, as the dev teams will be able to focus solely on developing their PS titles, while Nixxes will offload any work that's needed to bring the games to PC, and while they'll be doing so the PS studios will be already working on their next titles or expansions, it really is the most optimal flow for Sony.

The games they're releasing on PC are years old. They've been selling them for $15-$20 or given them out on PS+. Only then are they giving PC players the privilege to buy them for $40-$60.

A good game is a good game regardless of its age, many people revisit 10, 15, even 20yo titles, because that's how good they are. But if a game isn't good anymore after a mere year or two, that means it wasn't any good to begin with the very day it launched.

SSfox

Playstation is cooked.

Steam deck is only the beginning. In a year or two valve will release an steam dock(console) that will play almost all sony games, all xbox games and all pc games with better graphics and a reasonable price.
This.

Nintendo and Steam are gonna be the only worthy plateformes from now on. Since playstation won't exclusives anymore, thanks to that subhuman of Hermen Hulst.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Imagine getting outraged about rootkits from one source in particular, in an age where search engines track your physical IP and the latest Windows version requires a backdoor for The NSA. LOL
Yeah, sure how conveniently from the camp where the company literally was one of the first major contractors for the NSA spying programs 😂.

SSfox

Never forget:

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases]"

A liar is a liar. If he lies once, he will always keep lying.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Imagine getting outraged about rootkits from one source in particular, in an age where search engines track your physical IP and the latest Windows version requires a backdoor for The NSA. LOL
You seems triggered, my apologies.

ports to pc should be optimized , these nixxes dudes have always delivered solid ports
Not always, I remember the ports Nixxes did for Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided where stuttering messes upon release on PC. Although it was probably more a case of Square Enix pushing the game out out the door too early but at the end of the day a bad port is a bad port and Nixxes put their name on it.

The Tomb Raider ports they did were bangers though :messenger_sunglasses:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Not always, I remember the ports Nixxes did for Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided where stuttering messes upon release on PC. Although it was probably more a case of Square Enix pushing the game out out the door too early but at the end of the day a bad port is a bad port and Nixxes put their name on it.

The Tomb Raider ports they did were bangers though :messenger_sunglasses:
yea i remember those deus ex ports on pc , still have stutter issues to this day

Last edited:

Daymos

For the average console joe this means they are porting games to steam deck.. a steam, Xbox, and playstation handheld.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Nintendo and Steam are gonna be the only worthy plateformes from now on. Since playstation won't exclusives anymore, thanks to that subhuman of Hermen Hulst.
Whatever kind of drugs you`re taking. They don`t do you any good... m`kaay?

it's a joke... based on the fact that many fanboys said that they weren't bought to work on PC ports, but instead were bought to help other teams polish their games, which was very obviously not the case.

I don't recall any of that from the the aquistion thread, most if not everyone knew they'd be helping with PC ports

Top Bottom