• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Computer Entertainment 2011 Fiscal Report : Deficit Over 94.7 Billion Yen

chris0701

http://kanpou.npb.go.jp/20120626/20120626g00138/pdf/20120626g001380148.pdf

Originally found in Japan government "National Printing Bureau" website, the SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) is reported for having over 94.3 billion Yen deficit in 2011 fiscal year(*).

(*.平成23年4月1日~平成24年3月31日 :2011/04 ~2012/03)

3Y2bu.png

M-PG71C

Hate to say it, but mismanagement, lack of focus, and no real long-term goals will sink a company's finances.

What does SCE have besides games and consoles?

I also remember a few posters saying the gaming business for Sony was one of their only profitable divisions, and that it was the TV market ruining profits...

What does SCE have besides games and consoles?

I also remember a few posters saying the gaming business for Sony was one of their only profitable divisions, and that it was the TV market ruining profits...

That was the case a few years ago...looks like things have changed.

Averon

SCE lot over a billion dollars in FY 2011? I...I can't see how that's possible.

edit: Maybe it's PS4 R&D work.

Derrick01

Banned
If this doesn't involve PS4 then I don't see how this is possible. They were supposedly making money in gaming...one of the only areas Sony was making money in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If this doesn't involve PS4 then I don't see how this is possible. They were supposedly making money in gaming...one of the only areas Sony was making money in.

They might not expense R&D in their normal fiscal reports, but could in their full filing.

Duxxy3

No chance the vita gets a price cut and i fully expect the PS4 to be a much much safer design.

Just can't take any big chances for foreseeable future.

How did this turn into a discussion of PS4's power? Are we that stupid?

Should be a discussion about whether or not the Dreamcast or the PS4 will have a longer lifespan...a shame really. I hope good studios buy up the old Sony IPs if Sony does indeed fall.

Could be R&D for vita and PS4 .
Just don't see what else they could have spend so much money on.
Not really. This money they lost, not money they spent on R&D. It could be first party titles going way over budget, games that cost more money to make than recouped in sales, etc.

olimpia84

Damn, that's ugly. I'm started to get worried for Sony, they're losing way too much money and Vita sales are not helping the cause. PS4 will likely have to go the Wii route if this is the case, right?

Top Bottom