• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Controller to Be Named "Move." Bye bye Gem? truly outrageous

SSJ1Goku

Banned
gluv65 said:
Like I said before when it was first announced, this name makes the most since, because of what the controller does "A ugmented R eality C ontroller" I mean its the perfect name.

Good looking out, I did not notice that before

cakefoo

https://www.cmpevents.com/GD10/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=10534

2u90s9x.gif

Heard from Dev friend who has these at his work.

Was initially given the PSWand with big pink blob, looks like sex toy. Last few weeks wireless nunchuck arrived!

Has analog stick and square and circle on it and I think L1 and R1. I'll have to check the proper details but looks like the nunchuk will happen.

Wireless too, sweet.

KZObsessed

ichinisan said:

Was initially given the PSWand with big pink blob, looks like sex toy. Last few weeks wireless nunchuck arrived!

Has analog stick and square and circle on it and I think L1 and R1. I'll have to check the proper details but looks like the nunchuk will happen.

Wireless too, sweet.

Thank fuck.

Still no dual analog tho.... just kidding :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.

Check the proper details please :)

Seems odd to place square and circle on the nunchuck since they apparently are already on the wand itself.

ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Good to have more confirmation of the wireless nunchuck then! Well, now this went from "sort of want" to a solid setup and seemingly an improvement even over the Wii. I just hope they will have some worthwhile games, not mini-ventures, on show to push it.

It would make sense to have Triangle and Circle on the Wand and Square and X on the nunchuck I think.

ShinNL

mack said:
The Wii was written off long before the name unveil. ;oD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63251
'Revolution Controller Revealed '
The first page has some delicious quotes xD

I can't wait to see how 3rd party multiplatform games work with this thing.
And don't forget they couldn't reveal it until today, because Sony and Microsoft were totally going to steal it, too.
And they were afraid someone would steal ideas from THIS? :lol

Zen

Banned
ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.

Please tell me that you're entirely reliable- pleasepleaseplease.

-viper-

Banned
ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.
Wand + Nunchuck? I hope you aren't lying.

So good. :D

Ristlager

So Resistance 3 the first FPS to integrate it?

And this is probably a big reason why they delayed it, seeing as there was quite a demand for the nunchuck, on this forum atleast..

Donos

ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.

oO

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ristlager said:
So Resistance 3 the first FPS to integrate it?

And this is probably a big reason why they delayed it, seeing as there was quite a demand for the nunchuck, on this forum atleast..

Where does this Resistance 3 news come from? And it was never "delayed". R&C was Insomniac's release for fall 2009. Resistance 3 should be their fall 2010 release.

leroidys

TTP said:
Where does this Resistance 3 news come from? And it was never "delayed". R&C was Insomniac's release for fall 2009. Resistance 3 should be their fall 2010 release.

I think he means why the wand was delayed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TTP said:
I don't think so. Resistance 2 was already revealed by this point in 2008. I'm really thinking R3 could be 2011.

Will be pretty big if both Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 support it. That is after all an option for them, whereas Natal and Halo Reach won't mix well at all.

-viper- said:
But what tells us R3 will be using the wand?

Because FPS are one of those hardcore game genres that works really well with motion controllers. So it seems like an obvious choice to use it. Same for KZ3.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Where are the news that R3 will use it coming from? And about RE5 alternate edition, will be included with a patch?

Hmm...
This will be most interesting to see what comes of it.

With the 3D TV coming I sincerely hope they release Ping Pong 3D with Arc.

I want half the table to come out of the screen in 3D and the other half to go into the TV in 3D.
On the other side of the screen I want to see a PS Eye video of my opponent jumping around.

1:1 motion would complete the picture.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
Because FPS are one of those hardcore game genres that works really well with motion controllers. So it seems like an obvious choice to use it. Same for KZ3.
So, is only speculation so far :( .

Kaako

Felium Defensor
UntoldDreams said:
Hmm...

I want half the table to come out of the screen in 3D and the other half to go into the TV in 3D.
On the other side of the screen I want to see a PS Eye video of my opponent jumping around.

3D ping pong with solid multiplayer would be sick.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lonely1 said:
So, where are the news that R3 will use it coming from? And about RE5 alternate edition, will be included with a patch?

It'll be added in a patch to RE5 Alternate.

As for R3, that's just speculation. I think it would make sense but nothing's confirmed or anything.

UntoldDreams said:
Hmm...

Interesting idea. I like it. I think a pool/snooker game could be a great show-off for all these different technologies too.

edit - chess and other board games could work really well this idea too...anything with two people opposite each other and some common playing 'plane' in between could map to this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
UntoldDreams said:
Hmm...

I like this idea. Pool, air hockey, bowling, they could all work well with motion and 3D.

Come to think of it they could even implement face tracking to shift the table left and right so you could walk left and the image would change perspective with your position like a real table.

Basically, it could look like a holographic ping pong table rather than just a stereoscopic 3D image.

Much like how they say you can shift your head around the cockpit in GT5 to get a better view of the surroundings.

Ristlager

Lonely1 said:
Where are the news that R3 will use it coming from? And about RE5 alternate edition, will be included with a patch?

There was a questionmark after my sentence, so it was just wishfull thinking, but since R3 and Killzone is Sonys only first/second party FPS, I recon there is a strong will inside SCE that they should have a controlloption for the Arc. And I thought R3 was a sure fall 2010 release , looking at Insomniacs releaseschedule, but as some of you said, there hasn't been any confirmation about that.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Tle problem that I have with the 3D idea is it would require to spend big in a new HDTV... and Ping Pong stuff would only work on a really big one :(

Lonely1 said:
Tle problem that I have with the 3D idea is it would require to spend big in a new HDTV... and Ping Pong stuff would only work on a really big one :(

Yeah that part sucks (the cost).

Then again it would still play fine on a normal TV as well including the face tracking and the PS Eye video of a guy on the "far end" of the table.

Jtrizzy

UntoldDreams said:
Hmm...

Hell yes, that sounds awesome. I'm also hoping they patch Flower and Flow to use 3D and the new Motion controls.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Thank goodness that it has a wireless chuck... Not for me, but for the people down on the arc because it was omitted.

Now it just needs to come out!

I'll still be using the DS3 tho.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jtrizzy said:
Hell yes, that sounds awesome. I'm also hoping they patch Flower and Flow to use 3D and the new Motion controls.

Flower is being patched to support it.

Flower in 3D also could be great. There could be fantastic opportunity for good 3D effects with the petal trail.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
AndyD said:
I like this idea. Pool, air hockey, bowling, they could all work well with motion and 3D.
Yup, they could even make an "Arc Sports" similar to Wii sports in 1080p with full 3D support build in. Could do fairly well if the games are fun to play. Multiplayer is also a bonus.

Massa

SecretBonusPoint said:
Will be pretty big if both Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 support it. That is after all an option for them, whereas Natal and Halo Reach won't mix well at all.

I'll be pretty pissed if that's the case. I don't want to use the wand for those games AND I also don't want to play people using them in multiplayer.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Massa said:
I'll be pretty pissed if that's the case. I don't want to use the wand for those games AND I also don't want to play people using them in multiplayer.
Don't hold down progress!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Massa said:

They could filter folks off to different matches based on controller.

But if folks with Arc were whupping your ass, maybe you'd want to revise your judgment of using it with those games... :)

Wait and see if support will even be there though. Too many unknowns still.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The news of the nunchuck is huge. Still not a fan of motion sensing at all, but this will reinterest me at least a little bit.

noah111

Still Alive
ichinisan said:

Wireless too, sweet.
Nice to hear.. still wish there was an stick on the wand itself, something like this;

razer-sixense-peripheral.jpg

Still glad it has a nunchuck, seems a bit to 'Mii too' but we'll have to wait and see. GDC is only a month away right? This + 3D + head tracking stuff could be amazing if applied.

mehdi_san

Wireless nunchuck? For real? Ok, this is starting to get interesting (at last!!!).
So what games do you want to get a patch for motion controls? I would go for an Okami HD with arc controls ^^

Sentry said:
Still glad it has a nunchuck, seems a bit to 'Mii too' but we'll have to wait and see. GDC is only a month away right? This + 3D + head tracking stuff could be amazing if applied.

I think we'll see Sony really playing up the Camera and Augmented Reality aspects of Arc to try and set them selves apart and or ahead of the Wii'mote. But as with everything else it'll come to down to the software.

Also I wonder if Killzone2 could even be patched to use Arc. I can imagine the PSeye and Arc occupying a SPU and some system ram. Could you get something as good looking as KZ2 or Uncharted running while the Pseye and Arc are being used?

Top Bottom